Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Your workout routine?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Ray, Jun 16, 2012

1. Aug 18, 2006
    I was wondering how many of you guys work out on a regular basis. Me personally, I've been slacking a bit lately, but I want to get back in the swing of things. I want to build muscle as I've always had a lean build. I need to get a routine going. I want to put together a plan or a schedule, but I want to make sure it's effective as possible. What kinds of schedules, exercises, foods, supplements, etc do you guys recommend?

I am by no means inexperienced when it comes to this, but I was just wondering how many of you had a plan that worked out well for you.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Haha, I remember the last time I created such a thread. . .

3. Oct 29, 2010
    To go on-topic:

I am a fatass (I am 5'6". . .and weigh 161 lbs). Right now, I'm just trying to cut calories whenever possible (lost 15 lbs since mid-April), and build upper-body strength. I have no real diet. . .except to fast at times, and to avoid processed foods at all costs.

I rarely drink now (except for that one instance I got trashed & haunted the forums here -_-)

The following I do for upper-body workouts.

Bench press
    Bicep dumbbell curls
    Tricep dumbbell curls
    Lat pulldown

I am especially focusing on my pectorals. Exercises include:
    1. Incline or lying flies (dumbbell exercise)
    2. Straight arm or bent arm pullovers (dumbbell exercise)
    All my exercises are 7-9 reps, 2/3 sets.

Leg workouts. . .Not even worried about them for now.

4. Oct 17, 2011
    Well I do push ups mostly 60 everyday in track and I also like running a lot which is really good for the body. Also, you can go bench press, pull ups and a lot of other thing that you can think,of. If you are too lazy to go outside, there are these machines that you can buy and my once has one where you can run on it like an escalator and make it go faster as you run on it while that thing under moves the opposite way(dunno what they call the machine) like these:
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Meeko, if you're doing strength training, pick a weight you can only lift 4-6 times. And most bodybuilders I lift weights with can't breathe properly because they don't do cardio. Start running bro...
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Oct 20, 2011
      hmmm im 5'6", 155 lb and im trying to gain weight... i wouldn't call you a fatass cause im not fat and I haven't really exercised in almost a year
    • Oct 29, 2010
      To clarify things: I meant to use 'fatass' as a distant figurative term -_-

I'm not round by all means, and i have almost zero fat in my legs (and gluteus). . .but my abs (hint: somewhat ample belly fat): they ain't showin'. So they need some hard lovin'.
    • Oct 20, 2011
      yea i can see that, i dont have them either
    • Dec 6, 2011
      (let me know your thoughts on this as well @Ray, I love input of others, it's how my workouts have become so great =D)

My current gym is 6miles from my house, so I speed skate there and back (being the hockey player that I am =S).

Although I do mix it up, this is my main routine copied from my workout log:

My summer schedule:

~1st Day: Chest
      -Bench low weight, 4 sets, 16-20 reps
      -DB press 4 sets, 10-12 reps
      -DB flys, 4 sets,10-12 reps
      -Medicine ball pushups 2-3 sets of 25-30
      -Wide pushups 2-3 sets of 25-30
      -5min of stretches

~2nd Day: Tri's
      -Bar Pull downs 4 sets of 10-12
      -BB extensions 4 sets of 10-12
      -DB extensions (leaning over, kneeing bench) 4 sets of 10-12
      -Arm thrusts w/ pulley 4 sets of 20
      -DB raises (over head) 4 sets of 20
      -5min of stretches

~3rd Day: Biceps
      -BB curls, hands shoulder length, 4 sets of 12
      -DB curls, 4 sets of 20
      -BB curls close hands, 4 sets of 12
      -Pulley curls w/ small bar, 4 sets of 20
      -Preacher curls, 4 sets of 10-12
      -5min of stretches

~4th Day: Shoulders/biceps/triceps/forearms
      -Start with 30lb DB's and do curls, hammer throws, then cross curls, and lower the weight after all 3 with a small break inbetween
      -Start with 25lb DB's and do front raises, hammer raises, and side lifts (not sure of the technical name, just added these to my workouts) and lower the weight after all 3 with a small break inbetween
      **This isn't supposed to be a full out workout, but more of a burning/endurance workout**

~5th Day: Major Cardio + full body at 25% effort
      -3 mile run, then rest for a couple of hours
      -6 mile skate to gym, full body stretch/loosening, stretch legs, 6 mile skate home
      -home at around 2-4, wait a few hours, slow 1 mile jog

~6th Day: Fully body (25% effort)
      -Small number of pushups/planks/curls/bananas/small DB's (only to stretch, not pushing self)
      -Stretches, and possible half mile/1 mile walk

~7th Day: Rest
      -Stretches/possible walk

And to add on to the end of each workout, I have a pool so I cool off/loosen up whenever there's good weather (which is most of the time)

This is usually never perfect, depending on work schedules, and a other things.

Pre-workout consists of a ton of carbs, and a serving of Muscle Pharm Pre-workout drink

Post-workout (0-15min after workout) consists of two scoops of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey Protein (42g's of protein) mixed with a teaspoon of dextrose for faster protein absorption, a teaspoon of Optimum Nutrition Creatine (very small amount, better protein absorption for muscles and faster recovery) and a teaspoon L-glutamine for better muscle recovery.

1hr+ after workout is a high protein/low-fat/high "bad carb" dinner: non-breaded premium grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, cooked brown rice, baked potato, and green tea w/ honey and a glass of skim milk.
      Brett, Jun 16, 2012 Last edited by Brett, Jun 16, 2012
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I'm 5'11" and I weigh 155 with no exercise :grin:
    • Oct 20, 2011
      im actually not fat, i just got a more stalky body build than most dudes my height
    • Jan 5, 2012
      This is my routine, hope u get an idea

Monday- Chest/ Triceps (4 sets of 12 reps for each exercise)
      Flat dumbbell bench press
      Incline dumbbell bench press
      Decline dumbbell bench press
      Cable Flyes
      Cable rope tricep extension
      Cable bar tricep extension
      Skull crushers

Tuesday - Back/ Biceps ( 4 sets of 12 reps for each exercise)
      Dumbbell row
      Lateral pull down
      Barbell bicep curl
      Incline dumbbell curl
      REverse grip cable curl
      Preacher curl

Thursday - Shoulder/ Traps (4 set of 12 reps for each exercise)
      Dumbell shoulder press
      Later raises
      Front raises
      Rear Deltoid fly machine
      Close grip upright row
      Dumbbell shrugs
      Smith machine shrug

Friday - Legs/ Calves (4 set of 15 reps for each exercise)
      Leg extension
      Leg curls
      Leg press
      Hack Squats
      Seated calf raises
      Standing calf raises

Wednesday, Sunday and Saturday - Rest days

1st meal - 4 eggs, 2 slices of bread w peanut butter, multivitamin pill, fish oil pill
      2nd meal - Whey protein shake ( all max iso flex) w 8oz skim milk
      3rd meal - 2 chicken breast w brown rice, fish oil pill
      4th meal - 2 chicken breast w brown rice, fish oil pill
      5th meal - Cottage cheese(tastes like ass),
      6th meal - Casein protein (all max slow release casein protein) w 8oz skim milk
    • Jan 22, 2012
      man get the P90X videos! im telling u that shit really works
    • Jul 19, 2011
      Mix it up.... I usually do 3 muscle groups a day ex. Bicep tri and chest. About once a week I do a full body endurance workout. More on this and details once I get off I touch.
    • Mar 4, 2012
      My friends and I started this a few weeks ago. It's goddamn exhausting. We tweaked it since we didn't have everything we needed but its basically the same. This will get you in damn good shape.

Attached Files:

• Nov 29, 2010
      I don't work out, but I do quite a bit of cardio, running, rollerblading biking, ect. so I do have a lot of stamina to work with. My only form of gaining muscle so far is through archery, but that's only back and arms.

Steadily upgrading my draw weight going from 20lbs to 30lbs and hopefully by the end of july be able to hold 35-40 for more than a minute.

Been a constant 105lbs for the past 10 years, no matter my diet or how active I was (even when I worked my ass off when I was still in construction)
    • Jan 26, 2012
      I used to do a lot of weight lifting at the gym but a week ago a buddy gave me his insanity dvds and i think im gonna stick with them for a while, that shit kicks my ass.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Wow fuck my phone. Sorry for that rating notification Clam. I have to ask, you being such a light weight. Are you a short guy? Cause I don't think that's healthy if you are as tall as per say, me.
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Same here, actually. It's hard for me to gain/lose weight though, even when I am working out and eating a lot.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Like really, I have only gained weight through college (3 big meals a day? Hoo-ah!) and just over time of growing. Never had a weight problem with food. Never had to work out. Although I have some what of a stomach, it's not really noticeable. I like being at a nice square 155-160