Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Your zombie apocalpyse arsenal!

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Benvolio, Dec 3, 2012

1. Mar 4, 2012
    So after watching that awesome mid-season final of the Walking Dead it got me thinking (again) about what I would bring with me when a zambi outbreak occurs.

tl;dr, what would you bring with you and what weapons would you use in a zambi outbreak?

So just going off of what I have in my home I actually have decent starting equipment to start the beginning of the outbreak with.

In order to carry all of this stuff I would use an A-Bag (army duffel) and then front load my assault pack (basically a back pack - the modern day replacement for the Vietnam era ruck).

[IMG]

Having both of those bags gives me a decent amount of stuff to carry while still being mobile.

In addition to these I would wear my Army FLC w/compass, a small med kit, two canteens, my Camelbak and ammo pouches.

[IMG]

So at my house I have a folding knife with a 5 inch blade, two bolo knives (basically Filipino machetes) and a light wood splitting axe and a wet stone to keep all of the blades sharp.

[IMG]

And of course I would wear my watch that has a compass and other cool features (lets me know if it might rain, my altitude) that is powered by sunlight.

I would wear a set of ACUs and my combat boots and keep my extras and cold weather gear and extra boots in my assault pack along with some extra MREs I have along with a spool of 550 cord that is 300 yards in length.

I also have a hunting crossbow and a semi-automatic 12 gauge hunting shotgun with buckshot.

I also have the perfect place to hold out on my friend's 500 acre farm where I spend most of my summer time anyway and they have a number of firearms and dogs to alert us of anything going on.

If I could I would like to get my hands on a M14 (civilian M1A) a semi-automatic 7.62 NATO rifle or a AR-15 type rifle in 5.56 (.223) or .22 LR. .22 ammo is cheap as hell and widely available.

[IMG]

So what would you guys do and what would you use (what you actually have/what you would like to get your hands on)

tl;dr, what would you bring with you and what weapons would you use in a zambi outbreak?
  2. Mar 12, 2008

Will edit this soon.

I have a safe full of weapons ranging from rifles, to handguns to shotguns, a few revolvers including a couple Colt SAA's so having access to weapons is no problem to me.

My personal handgun would be my H&K USP. Ammo is expensive, but might go wrong if it comes to life-or-death looting for ammo. I have a custom built .22 but i'd rather have more stopping power, like a 12 guage.

It depends whether i'm going to be holding out, or roaming, but the city i'm in is in the valley, so i could go into the mountains 3 miles away if anything goes down. Would suck to leave everything behind while this happens, but i'd rather not be surrounded and trapped.

Food would have to be light, and easily transported.

When it comes to actual survival, i found this kit:
    via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYl8lh_5EZY

It's waterproof, and contains many useful things.

I'm o.k. when it comes to living off the land, i was taught the basics which would be enough to get me by for a while.

Clothing would consist of Cargo pants, a pair of comfortable, waterproofed boots, a sturdy belt, and good-fitting shirts and a jacket/coat along with my hat/sunglasses or a beanie for night. Might spring for a pair of good fitting gloves, just because.

to recap, my inventory would consist of: Backpack for clothes/gear, H&K USP, Altoids survival kit, rifle or shotty, dried or salted meat like jerky and/or tons of ramen, Vitamin C tablets, coffee filters to filter water (or a water-filter bottle), bits of candy like suckers or something to keep myself sane. I don't smoke, so maybe cigarettes for trading for food/water if it came down to it (you never know).
    Taters, Dec 3, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Dec 3, 2012
  3. May 14, 2011
    I would steal a boat and go to an oil rig. End of story.
  4. May 5, 2012
    I would bring @null because why not, @Detonator for the laughs, @meeko for some sexy time, steal weapons from a weapon store and then go on an adventure!
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • May 12, 2012

What Zombie Apocalypse??
    • Apr 9, 2012
      • Dec 6, 2011
        It's hilarious. Just about everybody in Plaguefest IS waiting for the zombie apocalypse. The psycho in me is dying for this. I feel like crushing bones with blunt objects, but that's just me. :devil:

Anyways, in the event of an apocalypse, I'd be grabbing whatever useful things I have in my home, and heading over to my friend's house that works on/builds jeeps/sexy off-roading trucks (He has a Jeep Wrangler with a reinforced chassis and roll-cage, a tow, a front ram mount, a Corvette engine, and shatterproof glass. Basically any redneck's truck dream). What I could salvage from my home would be my 1941 Mauser with 2 clips of ammo; whatever metal bat I can find in my garage; our metal sledge-hammer; the whole kitchen knife drawer (my mom used to be a professional cook, so there's ~15 insane-o very large and sharp knives in there); the gas-powered chainsaw and hedge-trimmer; 3 sets of clothes; my gym shoes and my work boots; any aerosol cans I have to use as explosives (~6 air dusters for my computer, a few body sprays, cleaning supplies-type sprays, spray-paint cans, etc.; all small electronic devices for make-shift items if possible (just phones/ipods/things with signals); and my hockey bag (for maybe a short all-out run/fight) because damn zombies can't bite through that hard plastic and fiberglass! Oh and adding last minute but my uncle's gun safe is in the basement, which has a few shotguns, 2 rifles, a crossbow and 2 composite bows with quite a bit of bullets/arrows last time I've seen.

Before the 45min drive to my friend's house/10 car garage/home auto-shop, I'd reinforce the 2013 Ford Edge we have with all of the leftover scrap metal/construction materials we have in our basement (quite a bit). We'd pack the canned food we have and possibly a few things in a cooler, such as milk/perishable essentials. The drive over would probably already be hectic, so I no doubt would have my hockey gear on (helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, shin pads, heavy duty gardening gloves, and one of my jersey's, because the newer ones have this double reverse stitch that even a sharpened hockey skate can't easily cut through for obvious reasons) just in case we had to get out or we were to crash.

From there, we'd most likely head to the closest military base, ~1 hour from me, and let them handle it from there. No doubt I'd be helping them defend/kill any attacking zombies.

I may add to this if my crazy apocalypse side comes out again.
        Brett, Dec 3, 2012 Last edited by Brett, Dec 3, 2012
      • Mar 12, 2008
      • Dec 6, 2011
        There's actually a lot of methods now to make salt water drinkable. You can do something like the black tarp method, where the water gets filtered to the underside from the heat and vaporizes, dripping into your collection bucket/jar/bowl/bottle beneath.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Based on ghosts' reply, i'm basing his story on straight up stealing a boat with no supplies or any gear. He didn't really go in-depth with that response.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Well, it'll be @Ghost 's fault when he gets eaten due to ill preparation of a zombie apocalypse. Tsk Tsk.
      • May 14, 2011
        You have crude oil. That is all you need to survive. I can go to the shore fishing if i need water.

I have heat. I have fuel. I have no threats of zombie attacks.
      • Nov 29, 2010

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
      • Mar 12, 2008
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 14, 2011
          Power my boat by distilling crude oil to go to the shore, then I can get a net...
        • May 15, 2011
          We're all just a bunch of disease crazed, living undead nuts.

Anyways, I don't really know, nor do I care to make a plan. I've always just gone with the flow, and it always works for me. Things can happen in your travels that will severely change your plans, or even set you back greatly. I have no weapons, so my only option is to be quiet, and be fast on my feet when need be. I don't have the arm strength to defend myself with melee weapons either, so I can't use bats or axes. A plus for being in Canada though, we get tons of snow and ice and since zombies have poor balance, they wont be able to get very far in our weather. During the summer, I can always go up north from my current position. Being born and raised in cold weather, it doesn't bother me so much, and It's really easy to walk on snow or ice when you do it all the time. Basically, up here, we wont be seeing much zombies because of our winter climate, making it easy to dispatch of what starts here, leaving us with only the need to defend.

We have plenty of farm land, greenhouses, and ranches, so food will be abundant after a couple years of proper care. Water though will be one thing we don't have. Our closest river (South Saskatchewan River) is fucked up, and poisonous. As for firearms, I'm sure we will have plenty of those lying around, since we live in the country, we have a plethora of hunters as well we are very big on fire ranges here.

All in all, things are pretty well made for me simply because of my location. Really though that's probably the only thing I have going for me.
        • Feb 24, 2011

[IMG]

I'll be hanging around in the wild between Östersund and Åre, plundering in all viking glory. Feel free to tag along, and feel more than welcome to bring beer and women.
          Breeding is essential to surviving.
          Vi ska dräpa allt i vår väg, för Tor den allsmäktige!
        • Nov 29, 2010
          When you're in a survival situation, you can't afford mistakes and backtracking.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
        • Dec 6, 2011