Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Youtube is Shutting Down :(

Discussion in In The News started by Ghost, Mar 31, 2013

1. Mar 4, 2012
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Pretty funny, Antoine Dodson almost ruined it for me though.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Would rarely happen, YT brings in way too much revenue to be shut down.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • May 14, 2011
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Midnight tonight has a date, and that date is April 1st also known to the Icelandic Sheep of Jakarta as Ooprel Fojul or in your common language, April Fools.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        They can suck my small bone dick for pranking people like that
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I cracked up as soon as I saw the title cause I know what tomorrow is.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        This is the only video that should win because it inspired years of vloggers, youtube cover, people doing things in front of a camera, and youtube stars (all which I don't care for)

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1LZVmn3p3o
        • Agree Agree x 1
          Benderius, Apr 1, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Apr 1, 2013
        • Dec 27, 2012
        • Dec 7, 2012
          Truthfully, it fool the shit out of me ...I was just telling my wife about it till I scroll down to the rest of the post. Nice $#@& job ghost! Happy April fools2all:bugeyes:
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Wowly fuck, I thought for a second 'no way' because I get revenue on YT, but there would be no way this happens
        • May 14, 2011
        • Jun 11, 2012
          What I'm more impressed by is the fact that not only are they pranking the entirety of Youtube, but they're actually premiering a new service as well (or at least testing it more on a massive scale). For some time we've had Youtube for assorted uploads and other webhosts for livestreaming events (be it Livestream, Twitch, Justintv, or others) but now Youtube is rolling out their own shot at livestreaming.

Of course this isn't the first time they've done this, but I think it's the first they've done it live before 10K+ viewers in HD. On top of that, they've tweaked their interface with the livestream timer, live button, viewer count, and comments sidebar. If they intend to demonstrate the full package of livestream services, then there's a fair chance this nominees video will appear online for viewing later in all of its 12 hour goodness, which I would like to say is new for them. Yes, there have been 10 or even 100-hour videos on Youtube, but that's just using a short 2-5 minute video on loop, whereas this will be a genuine 12 hours of content, in HD no less. Even if this service doesn't become publicly available for some time more, I think Youtube is really stepping up their game with this 'prank and premiere' livestream.