Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE ,about server crash and voting system.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by scps, Dec 26, 2010

1. Dec 18, 2010
    Hi,again,Does anyone know why this serever is crashing almost anytime?
    I am saying that because there is no day without a crash and the biggest problem is about the map which we are playing after the crash ,that map is ze_rollermine_factory_v5 ,I mean c`mon this server crashes at least 4 times per day and every time when is up again we are playing this crap map ze_rollermine_factory_v5 over and over again,it`s getting annoying to play this map so many times and ppl are leaving the server because they are beaing sick about it.
    This is why I am asking you to change the start map or create a system which choose a random map after every crash,if this is possible,if it`s not possible make the server to "choose" the same map which was before the crash if you know what I mean.
  2. Aug 18, 2006

Unfortunately the starting map can only be statically set. It has to be the same map. We can change the starting map but it has to be the same each time. I have noticed the instability issues with Zombie Escape and I am taking measures to try and fix it. If it is not fixed by now then we will start examining the core dumps which will now be properly generated (I restarted the server earlier to fix this as well).
  3. Dec 18, 2010
    But what about the voting system ? Can you do something about it ?
    At the end of the map or when all the ppl type rtv there shows up a square with avaible maps to be voted (which are 5 and the 6th option of extending map,as far as I remember),just left of the screen.
    And there are almost the same maps everytime, when the maps voting system starts,maps like : POTC,racoon city,death star,indiana jones,forgotten facility,blackmesa,biohazard,sewer escape,roller mine,stargate,titanic and lostworld redux,I`ve told you all my ze maps from css maps folder and this is the only one ze server which i am playing so in conclusion this server plays only those maps or at least nothing new.
    In my opinion these maps are not enough, does this server has only those maps and nothing new?
    It`s been a long time since i played a new map,I think you need to give us some new maps and INSERT AGAIN THE NOMINATE COMMAND ,as a measure to choose a map which will be avaible at the end of the map when the voting system will begin,if u will insert nominate command again people will be able to choose their favorite map to be voted and ,why not, probally a new map which wasn`t before.

P.S. I am really sorry about my bad english,I am not an "English Person" ,lol, so that`s why it is hard for me to write a few sentences and make myself understandable.I hope you will be able yo figure out what i said and I am aware(conscious) that I did a lot of grammatical errors
  4. Aug 18, 2006

Nominate can easily be implemented.
  5. Dec 18, 2010

But will you add some new maps?
    If yes,let me know when and which maps will be added.

Thx for the list.
  6. Aug 8, 2008
    Weeeellllll the way things normally work is YOU suggest the maps and they add them, so if you find one of the (many) map suggestion threads you suggest what map you wish to see in the server.
  7. Aug 18, 2006

I removed a map from the server that was crashing it. If the crashing doesn't stop, it should definitely be a lot less common now.

People need to learn how to make maps and not put 490238340 entities in their maps. Srsly.
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    not the "490238340" entities crash a server,
    they only maybe do lagg.

one thingy i know crash Linux servers is a point_templates
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    You sure? The crash dumps seem to suggest that the server crashed due to too many entities.
  10. Oct 10, 2010
    all i know is if you reach a specific amount of entitys,
    the compiler says "no", same with brushes ..
    but what ever, maps what crash should be removed.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Map has to have less then 1728 entities at compile time (probably even lower). If this is not the case, the server will crash.
  12. Oct 10, 2010

let me clear something interesting:
    an entity is ALL and EVERYTHING what is not a worldbrush.

so a model is an entity and a func_detail is also an entity + a brush.
    all what you made with block tool is a brush what you can tie to entity.

you cannot say 1728 entitys is the max, they are a pretty LOT more
    even this 1728 do not exist o.O

so you can say there are to many "models" but you cannot say there are to many
    entitys

this shows it simply

[IMG]
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    The max is 2047 (-1 from the Console being an entity/edict as well). I can't remember exactly where I had gotten the 1728 value from. However, each client starts off with a knife and a pistol (typically), so that's three entities per client. Now if they buy a Primary, that's four entities per client. Grenade? Five entities per client. Now when Zombie:Reloaded infects someone, their weapons are dropped and a knife is spawned at their feet. So now we're up to six entities per client. That's 384+1 entities/edicts inuse by clients, provided everyone bought their full setup. A kit is another edict for the CTs, it's explosive on maps with a lot of objects.

http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=146672

EDIT:
    developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Entity_limit
    developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Edict_t
  14. Dec 18, 2010
    It seems nobody cares about zombie escape server,almost 3 weeks have passed and nothing changed.
    You didn`t change the starting map and has not added any new maps.........even more some cool maps was removed,maps like lotr mines of moria and indiana jones instead of jurassic park v2 where the sky looks horrible,the server lag is higly increased and the map is full of glithces.

I posted some maps here : http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/4611-maps/page__gopid__56950#entry56950 but no one gave me reply to let me know if those maps will ne added or not and i really want some new maps because we are playing the same old and boring maps everyday.

P.S. it's like I would fight with the windmills ,I just keep talking and no one gives a damn about it.
  15. Dec 31, 2010
    dont quote me on this but as far as im aware every server today has been laggin :thumbsup:
  16. Dec 18, 2010
    Ok,now everything seems to be in order with my rank and it works fine.
    I have one last request: to add back nominate command.