Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE Map Ideas

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by N B K, May 31, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Obviously there aren't an abundance of maps, and this might not change for a good while. Maybe in the future I can get into mapping which I plan on doing not until I get a new computer though. So I was just wondering what do you feel would be a good idea or concept for a ZE map?
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Make a newer version of ze_dust_escape_v1.
  3. Jul 28, 2011
    Inception. I tried making a mg map based on inception a while ago, but the source engine did not respond kindly :/

That would be awesome to pull off though.
  4. May 14, 2011
    Damn everytime I think of a good idea I want to keep it and make it myself!

Well if someone wants to work with me on a ze map give me a pm or something.

I'm kinda busy now-a-days with my exams but after tommorow, mapping may begin for me!
  5. Apr 1, 2012
    a ZE map based off de_rats cs 1.6 map.
  6. Jan 9, 2012
  7. Aug 1, 2011

The end
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    ze_office
  9. Jul 28, 2011
    I remember talking about this with someone else before:

Escape through the digestive system! Twould be awesome. You escape in a turd in the final level!
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Mar 19, 2011
      If I really got good at mapping this would be my first map

11:21
      ze_mass_effect.
      Using Virmire location and a boss battle with Saren.
    • Feb 9, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
    • May 11, 2011
      i have had an idea for a ze dragon map for a long time
    • Feb 9, 2012
      I think the only map series we have that are closest to a deathrun mix is our Firewall escape part 1 and 2. What i love most about those 2 maps is for the way the stairs and such are triggered when zombies are near. The stairs would collapse by sections and such. I just think we could expand on that a bit and add maybe ''trigger rooms'' that zombies can go through all the while leaving a path open for zombies to be able to go for humans. so in a way zombies would have to work together as well as 95% of them should be going for humans while 1 (pretty sure a few/lot) will stand by the ''button'' to activate some sort of trap for humans. i don't know i havent put much thought into this idea but i really believe this could work with tweaks.
    • May 14, 2011
      Could work but would be a pain in the arse to make.

I guess zombie teamwork this is very hopeful by plaugefests standards lol
    • Feb 9, 2012
      you never know. once in a while we do end up with groups who work together. there could be a ''door'' that only allows 1 zombie inside at a time (like the cannon in 30 seconds). the only problem i see is figuring out what kind of ''traps'' would make it a balance map and how it would be placed cuz deathrun usually has a narrow path for the ct to go through.

We've already incorporated many other types of game modes into our ZE maps. (mg, surfing,zm,rpg). i think it's just time deathrun gets its moment
    • May 14, 2011
      If anyone plans on making this PM me. I already have loads of ideas. Its a bit of a wager to see if it would work though. This would be more like a super powerful zombie who annoys humans while they hold.
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Yes. After the Impossibru challenge, I think this should be the next community mapping idea to attempt.

The only episodes I can think of that have any significant traveling length you could drop hold spots onto would be either the S1 premiere or "Dragonshy." Maybe Granny Smith's story from "Family Appreciation Day" if you generously extend the Timberwolf segment, but that's pushing it. :razz:

This sounds very rage-inducing for CT's unless the progression through the level allows each team to torment the other with DR sections. Even then, I'd imagine it to be very difficult to balance.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Was me, and the two were ze_diseaseduterus_escape, and ze_digestivesystem_escape lol.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        The best way is to go out in the world and look for yourself. Take a walk somewhere. If that gives you nothing than look online at the architecture of buildings ranging from Town houses to Warehouses to Skyscrapers. Find something that interests you. Maybe even look at Sci-Fi movies. Watch the background. Look at how the structure is and how everything is made. Hopefully that will give you some ideas. If not then just look or anything. Art, movies, anything that peeks your interest. That's when you get your best ideas. When you really care about it, and you want to see it grow.