Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorial ZE Mapping with ZombieFurbie Livestream [DOWN]

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by ZombieFurbie, Mar 6, 2013

1. Feb 19, 2012

Learn some basic Source SDK tips if you're new, but I won't be covering a complete introduction into source SDK.

This is for people who are already somewhat familiar with source SDK and want to learn some techniques specific to zombie escape. It should be recorded after i'm finished so you can watch it if you didn't make it to the livestream.

It's live right now, feel free to ask me any questions in the livestream chat. Assuming we get enough people it should be an enjoyable experience.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      Dang I wish I could, I'm at work right now so all I can do it watch but I wont be able to hear anything. I'll check out the recording when it's done so that I can hear it too. Thanks ZombieFrubie!
    • Nov 11, 2011
      "10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17..." I was like I swear to God if he counts to 64 ... lol :ROFL:
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 19, 2012
        We're done for the day. Thanks for watching!

Here's what was covered in today's session:
        *From nothing to something - Basic block/room creation
        *Logic_autos and env_sprites
        *Setting up static props
        *Clipping tool/creating walls
        *Finding and fixing leaks
        *Moving platforms/extending rainbows
        *Custom textures and implementation
        *Custom sounds and implementation
        *Custom weapon [Flamethrower]

We'll do another session tommorow maybe where i'll cover bossfights, displacements, 3d skyboxes, and all that jazz.

VTF Plugin for Paint dot Net : http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=225
        • Like Like x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
        • Feb 19, 2012
          im going to do some livestreaming today.

will cover:

+New ZE Methods discovered (custom models / custom sounds)
          +Custom grenades
          +A status update on holmes escape and other stuff

it won't be a long livestream, but if i can, i'll try to cover bosses as well but i can't garuntee i'll have the time to

edit: And it's done. Steam pissed me off with the shit that happened in that stream so i'll have to redo a couple of the things next time i stream
          ZombieFurbie, Apr 16, 2013 Last edited by ZombieFurbie, Apr 16, 2013
        • Jul 20, 2012
          Do you have these in 720p on Youtube?
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1