Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE Predator

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by halostryke, Aug 14, 2011

1. Nov 26, 2010
    I have two questions that would hopefully be resolved.

1. As noted in the link below, bhopping is deemed as a glitch for zombies now. Badgruel used that as a premise to kick me from the map when i was jumping down a small slope on the map (between ruins and the small wooden bridge). Is jumping down slope also to be considered glitching?

2. It is a know glitch to throw your guns on the floor in Hard mode so the Predator ca become stuck on the weapon. In the campaign to remove "unfair advantages" this should be considered a glitch because freezing the predator doesn't weed out the humans thus providing an artificially inflated human count when they are to make their last stand. Please advise if this is to be considered a glitch and admins will respond accordingly in the future?

2. Apr 17, 2011
    Throwing weapons on where Predator is spawn.. yes, I think Admins should punish them though theres alot of them who does that, if the Predator somehow got out of that glitch, he will start going apeshit and fast on us..

And in my opinion if no glitching (standing on the far ends of the side) is a rule on Ultimate Boss's arena, then theres no point to play Ultimate level on the server....
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    You weren't going down a slope you were on lvl land element don't go being mad because I warned you and then kicked you after doing it. I sat in spec watching you many times do it seeing if you would catch on after my warning. As regards to the gun throwing at pred I have emailed Luff to see whats going on with that.
  4. Nov 26, 2010
    I am not made nor lying brochacho. Please pull the logs sir, you kicked then warned me, not proper protocol if I recall.

And you need to play maps more often because there is a slope that you are overlooking.
  5. Dec 30, 2006
    Element, please revisit that thread you linked. Your answer can be found there.

Pistols glitching with the predator. <-----What does that sentence have that equals illegal.

Take a guess. Shouldn't be too hard.
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    I see it as a glitch but other admins might see it as a tactic thus the lack of enforcement. Hopefully Luff will shed light soon as to his intent.
  7. Sep 25, 2010
    I enforce it as a map exploit, and other admins should too.
  8. Mar 14, 2011
    I hope you don't kick players if, when they die, their weapons (which fall to the ground once you get killed) glitch the predator. Unless you want us to drop all weapons every time the predator is coming near :wink:
  9. Jul 4, 2011
    Can't really do much regarding the pistol exploit as when people die, their weapons left over will most likely at some point glitch it, but then again, admittingly trying to is another thing.
  10. Dec 30, 2006
    Yes, purposeful spitting out pistols for the intent of glitching predator is not allowed. If a player dies, then that would not be intentional.

Main point is, purposeful glitching is considered exploiting the server thus illegal.
  11. Jun 11, 2011
    Is edging on ultimate considered glitching or a strategy? If its considered a glitch then theres no real reason to be playing this map on this server since the predators lasers kill you in rage mode no matter what unless you have him chasing you in the corner. Also beyond the glitching exploits that are being discussed here that map appears to be really laggy at the end of normal and hard when the chopper arrives and the server happens to be full. I would like to note that ive never seen it do that at 48 slots. Please give me some feedback on this.
  12. Feb 20, 2011
    Luffaren consideres this a valid tactic, and even does it himself, which is why now the Predator sometimes opts for moves that kill players on the ledge, firing plasma at them and jumping in the air causing splash damage in all directions.

With the updated map, its merely a tactic which means the Pred is less likely to hit you.
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    He has always referred to it as an exploit to me, he mentioned to me that in v3 this will no longer be possible, but I still allow them to do it because well every time I have played predator ct's never make it :/
  14. Feb 20, 2011
    I remember when we were playing for the contest, he was playing, we asked him about it, and he said it was ok, he even did it himself. Even on the current version, the Predator jumps in the air to cause splash damage, which will kill any ledging players, also when he goes into rage mode, he hurls plasma at them.
  15. Aug 10, 2011
    Even if the pistols glitching the predator became illegal I could just sit where the predator jumps out and lands on the green muck in the center causing him to get stuck anyways, One of my questions is is jumping down slopes to gain speed allowed, I got in trouble for doing it on Mines of Moria I was gaining speed by jumping down the staircase and killed the humans but I didn't bhop... Since we're still at this I thought I would bring it up that humans shouldn't be allowed to become zombies on purpose, bhoping put the humans at a 'disadvantage' as does several people becoming zombie on purpose forcing the humans to fight twice as many zombies. Why is becoming a zombie acceptable if more people complain about it then people complain about bhopping?
  16. Jun 11, 2011
    [SourceMod] This is the last round!!
    *SPEC* 1mPuls£ : timeleft
    [SourceMod] Pending Vote
    *SPEC* 1mPuls£ : nextmap

This happens alot on predator... Then it just goes to a random map after the round is finished.
  17. Feb 12, 2011
    I enforce it as an exploit, regardless if luffaren says it's okay, it's still against the server rules.
    Regardless if it's hard or "impossible" that's the whole point, you're not supposed to win, with the exception of great teamwork.

(Talking about the ultimate predator corner exploit)
  18. Jun 11, 2011
    Great teamwork doesn't give you the ability to dodge lasers at the impossible rate the predator fires them. But im sure Luffaren will think of something new for v3. We'll just have to wait and see. :mellow:
  19. Apr 29, 2011
    Referring back to the throwing pistols on the predator on Hard mode, the thing is, throwing pistols in the middle before the Pred appears doesn't really work too well. When he lands, there is an explosion that throws all of those guns away from him, and in the few times that he does get caught in a pistol, after a few seconds, he either changes directions and moves off the pistol, or he starts breakdancing and goes barrel rolling to a side of the arena, killing all in his path. Using this tactic isn't efficient to start with, as it usually doesn't work, and its easier to just circle him.

Don't know why people keep trying this tactic, it is pretty much useless.
  20. Jun 11, 2011
    The reason why this works so well is the fact that even if the predator is immobilized for 4 or 5 seconds that's alot of bullets that have already hit him. Its much easier to hit a target that's standing still then one that's moving around.