Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE Radio spammming

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by RagingCow, Apr 22, 2011

1. Feb 15, 2011
    I play on ZE sometimes and it is the first time I see this. There was a bunch of people spamming the radio and gagging them wouldnt change anything..

I noticed that in ZM servers, there is a anti radio spam. Can we implant the same pluggin on ZE servers?
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    Yes, the radio spam is getting annoying in ze. Please fix/add an anti radio spam.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Same rules apply for spamming the radio as chat spam, but since you cannot gag them, go with a kick and if they continue ban them. Warn first of course.
  4. Feb 15, 2011
    I'm not asking what are the rules for that or how should I punish people that spam the radio... I know that.

I'm asking if there is a way to prevent this as I already saw it.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    Penguin, it gets chaotic when 10 people use radio commands in a row. We seriously need an anti radio spam for ze.
  6. Feb 17, 2011
    it specialy gets annoying when its a few of the regulars and no admin around.
  7. Jul 14, 2010
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    30 "Radio Restriction" (1.1) by Kyle Sanderson, Exvel

It's on ZE and loaded, not sure if it failed to load one map or what.
  9. Feb 12, 2011
    It seems to be fucked on alot of ze servers, atleast from what I've seen and/or heard @ other servers.
  10. Apr 9, 2007
  11. Feb 20, 2011
    Ive seen this a few times, and I normally give a warning for everyone in the server, and then proceed to kick people who start Radio spamming. Stops it dead in its tracks.
  12. Apr 9, 2007

#pragma semicolon 1
    #include <sourcemod>

public Plugin:myinfo 
    {
    name "Radio Restriction",
    author "Kyle Sanderson, Exvel",
    description "Restricts asshats from flooding the Radio.",
    version "1.3",
    url "http://www.PlagueFest.com/"
    };

new 
    String:Radio[][] = {"coverme""takepoint""holdpos""regroup""followme""takingfire""go""fallback""getinpos""stormfront""report""roger""enemyspot""needbackup""sectorclear""inposition""reportingin""getout""negative""enemydown"};
    new 
    Last_Radio_Use[MAXPLAYERS+1];

public 
    OnPluginStart()
    {
    new 
    meh sizeof(Radio);
    for (new 
    imehi++)
    {
    AddCommandListener(RestrictRadioRadio[i]); // Extraordinarily lazy way to listen to commands instead of manually typing each one of them.
    }
    }

public 
    Action:RestrictRadio(client, const String:command[], argc)
    {
    new 
    GetTimeUnix GetTime(); // Unix Timestamp.
    new LastUse Last_Radio_Use[client]; // Last radio use per client.

if(LastUse == GetTimeUnix// Prevents Extra work if client floods command.
    {
    return 
    Plugin_Handled// Stops execution. Allows other plugins with hooks to continue (Valve code will not be called unless specified in another plugin).
    }

LastUse GetTimeUnix LastUse// Gets the last time the client used a radio command.

if (LastUse >= 15// If the duration has been longer then, or equal to 15 seconds, allow client to use command.
    {
    Last_Radio_Use[client] = GetTimeUnix// Save Client's information in global array.
    return Plugin_Continue// Allow Valve exeution to occur, other hooks will be processed.
    }

new 
    wait_time 15 LastUse// Gets the remaining time the client has until it can use another radio command.
    switch(wait_time// Grammar shit.
    {
    case 
    1:
    {
    PrintToChat(client"\x04[Anti-Spam]\x03 You have to wait 1 more second before sending another Radio Message.");
    }

default:
    {
    PrintToChat(client"\x04[Anti-Spam]\x03 You have to wait %i more seconds before sending another Radio Message."wait_time);
    }
    }
    return 
    Plugin_Handled;
    }
    Made some minor optimizations, added comments if others want to use and or expand on it.
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    usually a ban of one person will stop the rest from command spamming :smile:
  14. Feb 15, 2011

Solved: lock lock lock :smile:
  15. Sep 25, 2010
    Not solved. They were still able to spam the radio just a map ago(lotr_mount_doom).
  16. Feb 1, 2010
  17. Apr 9, 2007
    We have to wait for Harvey to finish writing the specialized admin system. After this is completed, server work can resume once more.
  18. Feb 1, 2011
    Agreed. Harvey, please address this ASAP.
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    Guess I gotta go and beat harvey into shape then. lol
  20. Feb 20, 2011
    Theres no real way to work around what they do, its a Hivemind, they ALL start spamming it once each.

I find threatening them to stop saying it, and then kicking the next person to do it stops it.