Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE revival

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Brian, Feb 15, 2017

1. Jun 4, 2006
    Teemo started this as a mass PM but mass PM's aren't a great idea for several reasons. Thread made so discussion can continue.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Aug 10, 2012
      I'm feeling it, but on css please if possible. Can't deal with csgo
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Aug 6, 2016
        First things first, Teemo. ZE never did. It was lost in action.
        With that said. I've never had a chance to play that style but I'd love to see it's flame spark up again. I'll be there if I can. My work schedule does tend to get in the way sometimes. I'm willing to change my sleep times if we can make this happen.
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Since we're kinda starting from point blank, i would vote for starting up on the newer/more active platform AKA CS:GO.

If you compare the two, the popularity difference is vast:
        http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
        currentplayers maxplayers
        356,891 612,644 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
        6,177 9,542 Counter-Strike: Source

Most of the CS:GO population are most likely drawn in by the pew-pew competitive stuff, but then again people tend to end up discovering the community stuff sooner or later.
        During the time when we were inviting people every night we got some decent traction (peaked at around 30 people i think), though it always died down in the end.
        I don't think that it will be possible with a single event. Instead it needs consistency. People constantly being active/playing/inviting.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Apr 28, 2013
          "Entwatch as opposed to antigrief. Works a lot better despite its flaws (hope a good coder can iron them out). Need to add a plugin called stripper source that can change map entities via a cfg. Those are the two big ones. More is to come soon."

Said in the conversation and applies to ze source. I myself still prefer source over go.
        • Aug 6, 2016
          I would like to keep it closer to home with Source. Maybe I'm just being greedy and wanting to keep the long timers together that don't have GO. Luffaren has a strong point. If there are going to be any breakthroughs and leaps and bounds, GO is the way to well....Go. >.> I have a question though. Will admin from Source carry over to ZE:GO? Or will it just be reserved for LSA's or selected ones.
        • Jan 25, 2014
          Its not gonna be one event its gonna be a kickoff next weekend and then every day starting around 5-6 Pacific standard time. We can change the time to appeal to more people as needed.

I am getting a general feeling the players want css and I get it is a dying game which makes it harder. That doesn't mean you can still revive something.

I think this could help in the transition to CS GO as well. The bigger the population it has the easier it could be to make the transition later on.

I will be adding people on steam and maybe I could have someone create a daily event thing in the PF group in steam because I don't think I have access to do so.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Probably a better idea to create a dedicated steam group just for this effort. Any interested players can join it and get daily notifications when the event starts. We can do a few events in the pf steam group as well to help kick it off but that's about it as most of the members will likely get annoyed by daily event notifications for ZE and leave the group. A dedicated steam group would offer more flexibility and control (post events/announcements whenever necessary, give whoever mod/admin access to do the same, etc.). I imagine most members would be gained via inviting them on steam - akin to your mass PM - but it could/should also be advertised here on the forums and in the event posts on the pf steam group.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Oct 13, 2011
            You can't just revive ZE with throwing couple events here and there. There are more stuff needs to be done by management imo.

To bring new players, some kind of marketing needs to be done by management. That's what happens most of the time with all gaming communities. For example:
            • Reset ranks every month and have in-game rewards for TOP 5 ( I've seen this work before. Is it really to hard to reset ranks ? Or keep track of this ? All you need is an excel file )
            • Do bi-weekly events for a while and gift 1 month donor status to winners. ( People will play more if they have a perk that regulars don't have )
            Besides, how much are you literally paying to have all this up ? You can throw some of the extra donor & admin money to reddit ads under /r/globaloffensive for ZE servers. People are doing this, even I fucking click and join. Plus reddit is hella cheap for advertising.

Focus on CSGO, you will find OLD CS 1.6 and Source players who might also be interested in your Source server.

If you really want to build a player base focus on Surf, Aim and MG game modes. A surf server without ads would be a killer and it'd fill itself up.
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Jan 25, 2014

I still plan on not just doing events though and I want to make that clear this is going to be an ongoing thing everyday for at least a couple months.
            • Apr 26, 2015
              I wish ZM had this.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Aug 6, 2016
                Uninstall your hard drive. Just throw your entire tower and the table out the window.
              • Jan 25, 2014
                Does the time I am suggesting work for people starting out? That's something I would like to know.
              • Oct 29, 2010
                To answer the PM's: I won't be able to come back anytime soon, im super duper dieded from real life

I'd love to join yall, good luck on this endeavor.
              • Jan 25, 2014
                hopefully when you do come back things will be alive and kicking stop by anytime :smile:
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Dec 27, 2012
                  I've moved forward from CS altogether but I wish y'all good luck.
                • May 27, 2008
                  He meant to say he's too busy taking pictures of fire engines and posting his friends eating on snapchat.

E: I could get behind something like this. I've been branching back out from my wow corner to look at other games again. You might just see me around if I remember to do the things.
                  • Like Like x 3
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Jan 25, 2014
                  • Apr 28, 2013
                    • Add the important plugins I mentioned.
                    • Randomized voting.
                    • Maybe change in rules?
                    • Maybe change donator/admin system and prices.
                    All I have to say is a whole of a lot info at the start of this thread:
                    http://plaguefest.com/threads/to-management.19451
                  • Jan 25, 2014

I think voting is fine remember we have to populate the server first.

demanding all this stuff without populating the server first is gonna be hard to do
                    • Like Like x 1