Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE revival

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Brian, Feb 15, 2017

1. Apr 9, 2007
    As we're one of the oldest servers still around, this is a legacy piece from Mani Admin Plugin. At the time I did this to lessen the burden of retraining muscle memory and kin when we switched from Mani Admin to SourceMod Admin in 2k9~.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Apr 28, 2013
      It's that most servers now have the slash to use commands "/zmarket, /admin". I find it much more helpful and less time consuming. I think adding this may be tricky according to what you said.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Asher landed multiple trigger support recently in SM. The next time we update SM (couple weeks probably); we can have both.
      • Like Like x 8
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Jan 25, 2014
        Final Fantasy VII Cosmo Canyon Contest Open
        To pass the contest you need to win all the stages.
        People who got most points after contest end will be on the board. The maximum number of winners: 30 players
        CONTEST START: 11/02/2017
        CONTEST END(may be changed): 11/03/2017

THE FULL LIST OF RULES:

1) No admin help (admins can only transfer items if player don't know how to use it or he trolled; and do their admin jobs like slay, ban, kick) such as nocliping, changing levels, giving low grav.
        2) It must be 40+ players on server in a win moment
        3) No troll wins (like if you troll earth at the end, the win won't be counted)
        4) No smokegrenades are allowed
        5) IF YOU GOT A WIN PM HEADSHOOTER.SC OR HARYDE OR WRITE HERE!!!
        6) Be polite to your teamates and get fun :smile:
        7) Rage mode win after ZM Mode won't be counted until now.

Now about contest points.
        How you can see only 30 guys can be on contest board, so you need beat the map as much as you can for be here.
        Team win = 1 points
        Duo win = 2 points
        Solo win = 3 points
        Troll win = -3 points

Here we will write you nickname and how many points you have ( if you give us a screenshoot ofc )
        what do you think guys think of doing this on Sunday the day after the event?
      • Jan 25, 2014

without even an event we got some traction
        • Like Like x 3
        • Informative Informative x 1
          teemo, Feb 18, 2017 Last edited by Brian, Feb 19, 2017
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Should we reset rank/stats on ZE before the kickoff event? This would be our first time doing it since rank was implemented in 2012.

We can either reset points only, or stats as well (default options for what to keep when doing a full stats reset shown below).

screenshot-1487495973_1161x586

I think we'd likely do points only, but I could see some arguments for starting with fresh stats as well.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007
            Just points @Brian. Anything else would be borderline crazy.
          • Apr 13, 2013
            Stop aching. Counter Stike Soucre has died. Why cs 1.6 is still alive?? Because there will always be people to whom will be this game is pleasant. Too most and with CSS. You have a huge community which in the past moved CS:S ZE forward. You had a standard which was pleasant to all. 900 ammo, and 1 nades. Also it isn't necessary there is nothing to change. You and so are pleasant to all. Just gather and at you everything will turn out! What now to be created with zombie escape. People in general have forgotten what is normal settings of the server. I wish you good luck in a server Pf raising. You don't need to look for something new. You need just to begin resuscitation [pF].

The translator likely has translated not so well. But I think you me have understood.

Stop aching. Begin to do!:bomb:
          • Oct 25, 2013
            Maybe have a backup of the old statistics and perhaps have them online in case some people want to check the old statistics? Just an idea cause I personally like to compare myself against others.
          • Jan 25, 2014
          • Aug 7, 2012
            Only if it's done in "seasons", maybe once a year or half-year. I'd be all-in for a full reset
          • Jan 25, 2014
          • Oct 7, 2015
            GFL.ru Admin here, I really suggest you guys update plugins and stripper configs for maps since a lot has changed.

We have everything open-sourced on github: https://github.com/CSSZombieEscape

Best of luck!
            • Like Like x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 2
            • Informative Informative x 1
              xen, Feb 20, 2017 Last edited by xen, Feb 21, 2017
            • Jan 25, 2014
              Alright boys we held population for 7 hours after the event i still owe @Beggar So and @sir rogers donator for being the solo winner and beggar with the first stab of a human.

Once again we will be back on at 6pm pacific time each night from going on forward.
              Post Merged, Feb 25, 2017
              This is just the start :smile: and anyone who is winning to show up and play adds one more number and one step closer to getting this accomplished.
              • Like Like x 2
              • Jan 25, 2014
                Good news had a lot of population today and made some real process. Players are sticking around for more classic maps than mako and some of the others where the server gets populated and then everyone ditches out.

So going forward I think playing these maps at the end will be best suited for keeping the "core regulars around and reward them with more maps of what they want vs what the masses that will ditch a server for just a map"
              • Apr 9, 2007

Edit:
                An hour after Teemo's event began you guys deleted the repositories at the very least. I'm not saying this was linked, or even saying you're obviously acting in bad faith, but the timing of it seems very hypocrital, especially when BotoX was initially quite upset I didn't support my open source code so he could click to run. Removing his code entirely, especially with all of the help he's received, looks and seems pretty bad.
              • Feb 18, 2011
                On the note of other maps I'm down to raffle donor to people who stay in the server and help get it full. If we incentivise activity long enough it will help keep the server steadily populated for the long term.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  There were also nosteam servers that "stole" these resources as well.
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  It's open source, it's the same thing as my plugin that overwrites the edict allocator that allows any of us at all to run such large servers. If I held onto this, we'd be the only game in town able to run these maps with the player counts that we did.

Implying using sourcecode is theft, or to safe-guard against others being successful, is not what the community as a whole believes. In short, this is pretty petty, and looks pathetic on GFL.ru.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Oct 7, 2015
                    I'm really sorry about that. My post was several days before the fact and I had no prior knowledge about it at all, nor was I notified when it happened.