Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE revival

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Brian, Feb 15, 2017

1. Jan 25, 2014
    I am not sure exactly what went down but I am not trying to steal players from GFL per say. I am reaching out mostly to the players that used to play PF and I am sure those two overlap in some way. The goal is if things turn out the community as a whole will be larger than where it started.
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    We don't have control over how Botox keeps his repos. They are run independently from the GFLClan community nor does he seek our guidance in how to deal with them. The actual reason has nothing to do with pF or it's one day resurgence of relevance and everything to do with Russian non steam assholes taking source code and never contributing to anything but making copy pasta servers. I imagine the name Kyle or pF didn't even come up once in his mind. In fact I imagine he'd probably give you the entire repo personally if you could trim that neckbeard back to a 1/4 inch and just ask him. If anything he'd want more quality players playing this dead mod regardless of which server they choose.
  3. Oct 4, 2015

I'm usually an open source guy but putting everything out there when there is no need for more ZE servers (quiet the contrary, there are too many) did more harm than good.
    CS:S ZE is over saturated with servers, the playerbase constantly declining, which results in mostly half full servers over the day.
    The timing was a result of hellz, plaguefest and a bunch of nosteam servers playing the typical playermagnet maps (Final Fantasy, LOTR) leaving both GFL and UNLOZE almost empty on what is usually prime time.
    I don't see why I'd support this any longer, only an insane person would.
    Also considering I have received barely any contributions by others, there is no point in keeping it open for everyone.
    Those who do/did contribute still have access (UNLOZE Edit: and Shufen/Possession).

And if you think this is bad then take a look at the CS: Go community (which hopefully I am pissing off as well by this).

Also consider this: If I had never made it open source, nobody would be complaining now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jan 25, 2014
      While I do get where you are coming from my goal was to reach out to a lot of the old veteran players that are playing other games or have forgotten how much fun they had on the PF server. I also have started steering away from the typical player magnet maps (Final Fantasy, LOTR) because it only displaces players between everyone else. I can't speak for the other communities but I was trying to add players that want to play the old school maps and attract a different crowd.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013

All I have to say is sorry for "stealing" your resources to revive an actual ze community rather than make one from zero with bad settings. I wish there was a way for pF to attone to this...but at the same times, some issues can't be forgotten.
        • The nosteam servers. Yeah. Only one or two at the time with different settings was fine but when they went rampant with even worse settings than GFL.ru, they got to go and go for unloze and hellz (in other words, please don't pirate and buy the game ffs). I don't like the fact that players if they immediately become zm use binds to go into spec and quickly join a team only to become ct. If you are zm, you should at least automatically spawn a zm or stay in spec.
        • The ammo and zmarket settings. I'm kind of sick of the ability to buy weapons outside of the buyzone especially if no known active server at the time doesn't have that. The game itself became a major difficulty down (especially some maps not really meant for that (Hint: Skyrim)).I miss the old fun tricks like "literally save nades because you only have one" or "conserve primary ammo". Not that anything needs to change for GFL.ru but I'd like to see a hard setting server like pF and an easy setting server like GFL.ru coexist.
        • Fall damage. Please still enable to keep the unique challenge for every map. The only exception are maps that force disabled fall damage.
        • Rules. Where to even begin? Does GFL.ru (and maybe most popular css and csgo servers) not really have much rules/enforcement to begin with or is it just me? Torchlight and other forms of spam (as well as bad admins) are reasons why I'd like to see pF and GFL.ru full too. I will admit I can get sick of playing pF too much and need a breath of fresh fooling around or derp time and that's where GFL.ru can come into play.
        • Is css ze dead as of today's post? Nope.avi. Still no real reason to transition to csgo yet.
        • Will css end up the same as 1.6 and more players come for epic mods and maps? Better be. Population numbers between 20,000 and 30,000 would be nice again.
        I will admit trying to bring back former communities during the nosteam server rampancy was quite a bad idea. I hope that players can realize buying the actual game and supporting official communities because it will make a good mark on the community, steam and the game itself.
        Regards,
        Hydreigon
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 26, 2016
          ZE was much more of a challenge long ago, it was about actually ESCAPING A MAP, and not killing a boss in the process, holding spots for 30-40 seconds or just running for your life. I enjoyed those more. I don't know why, but I miss the ZE from 5-6 years ago.
        • Feb 25, 2014
          It's like everything was better in the past, it's a feeling which will never go away, and for everyone it is different. I like escapes too without bosses, It's too complicated and it always ends up with to many fuck ups. I think if Pl really want to make their ZE alive again they should keep the maps simple, because all these bosses maps are for those who prefer for teamwork etc, and honestly we already have a good server for that it's called GLF, so instead of aiming to be the same maybe go back to the roots and become a ze with only the basic maps.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jul 26, 2016
            Again, no words. This is completely pathetic, I'm sorry for anyone who has ever helped you with anything.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Sep 30, 2013
              What are you and botox saying in that chatlog? Just asking, I can't tell what it says.
            • Sep 30, 2013
              Whatever, looks like you guys gave up already, atleast you put a days worth of effort :evilgrin:
            • Apr 28, 2013
              Trying to populate in source here would only do more harm than good because of the fact of how much content and players were stolen.

Maybe let's try in CS:GO one day.
            • Nov 13, 2012
              Only in cs go can return zombies escape..
            • May 12, 2013
              I know this is a dead thread but I just got a great Idea! Why don't we tell all the nerds on ZM that ZM is boring and go play on the Zombie Escape server it hasn't seen action in decades. If they complain and refuse to go than we just tell them this isn't a democracy and BAN any nerdo who doesn't swap over. eventually nobody will go on the ZM server because they will be too busy with how great the ZE server will be doing that you guys can just shut the ZM server down and not have to pay for it, BRILLIANT RIGHT?!?! its such an easy fix guys and its been in front of us this whole time we just need to sacrifice the pig and god shall provide. Thank you
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
              • Dec 17, 2007
                1. ZE is not that easy to figure out especially with complicated maps and certain rules apply to ZE that don't necessarily apply to ZM
                2. One of the biggest reasons ppl prefer ZM over ZE is you can just get on and start playing even if it's in the middle of a round and it doesn't take much to figure out the maps, unless you really want to know the secrets.
                3. Ban someone that doesn't want to play ZE? NO
                4. SHOULD'VE JUST LEFT THIS THREAD AS DEAD

Now don't get me wrong, I can agree with you that ppl on ZM do vote for the same boring ass maps over and over again and implementing new things like ZME will probably help out, but face it ZE on pF is pretty much over and done with.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 28, 2016
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • May 12, 2013
                    Is it not worth trying one last time :frown:
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 6, 2017
                      We get it, you voted for Hillary and Che is your hero.
                    • Apr 28, 2013

The only thing I hate seeing more than a dead ze community is a community that would say their ze portion is dead but they leave the server running regardless. Even if it doesn't change anything in server cost if management shuts the ze server down, that's a pathetic reason to keep a dead server running. I said this before about the "do or die" situation but leaving a server running like this while it gets zero attention makes some players question if it will be of use anytime.