Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE revival

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Brian, Feb 15, 2017

1. Oct 29, 2010
    I'm trying so hard to make sense of this, but I just can't, it hurts my brain.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dec 17, 2007
      Why would this even be a problem for you?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        I played a lot of ze here prior to it's "death". Leaving an empty ze server running makes some me and some players question about its future. I can't accept ze being fully dead on pF because of management's decision to keep the server running regardless of if it's empty or not. Why do you think leaving the ze server empty is a good idea. It's not like we'd magically get players back.

I'm telling you, the ze server is "do or die." "Do" as in use brute force to get a decent playerbase and work on ze stuff in the future or "Die" as in shut the server down and work on a fun, creative new project for this community. Just stop neglecting a 0/64 server. It makes a bad mark on communities.
      • Apr 26, 2015
        Theres no reason to get rid of it. We can still host ZE events whenever, and players and anyone can organize people to get on and play it. "work on a fun, creative new project for this community", Deto has already been working hard at ZME and we've already put up the surf rpg server this year. Mini games, ZE, and SRPG currently have 0/64 on them, but if we want to organize an event or get a group to play on them we can't do that if we shut down those can we?
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Aug 21, 2017
          Exactly. it doesnt hurt anyone to have the servers running with no one on them. People looking for ZM aren't going to care if the ZE server is empty.
        • Jul 14, 2010
          Yeah if some people want to hop on ZE for some old nostalgia or what not, it's not harming anyone. I see random people get on there sometimes, and it's not hurting pF in any way. I don't agree with you that it looks bad leaving up the dead server. It looks just as bad to take it down so no one can use it. The future of ZE is obvious. It is dead on CSS. I only see EU servers that are barely afloat.
        • Dec 17, 2007
          Although I don't think that ZE will ever be what it once was, that doesn't mean they have to shut it down. Like others have been saying, you can still host events and ppl from time to time can hop on the ZE server and play. Yes ZE is not popular on pF any more but I don't see it looking bad on pF by leaving it up. If management wants to keep it then it should stay up.
        • Apr 28, 2013
          1. I'm not a zm player. I will never find any interest in zm at all. I have my curiosity of why ze is still up but empty is because of the many different communities that are active as well as communities that shut down their css ze servers as well (mostly in favor of csgo at the time it became popular). Just seeing that server empty makes me want to discuss about ze here. If the ze server here no longer exists, I can finally leave this community and take a well deserved rest.
          2. ze is one of those servers that requires a different kind of care and management. Surf and mg server can be empty because the nature of those gametypes doesn't always need to have players whereas ze should.
          3. I have made attempts to do events but not much avail. It's probably a combination of not much planning is involved, I am not the best with creating events, the event happens but not much join. This also applies with csgo too.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          This sounds like a personal problem, dude. Not trying to be rude by saying that. If you have a desire to step away from pF, you should do so whether or not the ZE server is still up and running. You not being able to let go of the community is not a good reason for us to pull a functioning server down, empty or not.

I'd love to see ZE get populated again too, but it's not an easy task in a game like CS: Source which has had a dwindling population for some time. ZM has always been our hallmark and its consistent population reflects that.
          • Agree Agree x 6
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 6, 2017
            There is a lot of " I " in your thought process. Your own personnal shortcomings have nothing to do with any of us, or the server and it's owners for that matter. Saying they should close ZE because it triggers your own insecurities and feelings of doubt is pretty narcissistic, honestly. Life isn't just about you.

I know it's pretty direct, but I got a feeling you haven't interacted with many frank people in your lifetime.
            • Winner Winner x 1
              Mr.Colonel.X, Nov 26, 2017 Last edited by Mr.Colonel.X, Nov 26, 2017
            • May 31, 2012
              I'm thinking of something like your car starter. I would add 3 ~ 5 custom/MG maps so that a low pop could enjoy these maps while they wait for the population to grow into something suitable for ZE maps. I know it's not a custom/MG server, but I just can't see even the most popular maps being enjoyable with < 5 players.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 28, 2013
                It's fine as long as it's true especially if I haven't interacted with many frank (may as well say truthful, correct me if I'm wrong) people from playing ze after 2014. I can't say why because it will get more into of my personal events on ze and this type of discussion isn't on topic with this thread anyway.
              • Nov 13, 2012
                Any time zm css will also be dead and then you will have all servers empty and the community will leave many of them I'm sure if you keep up and do nothing for your servers the most success would be in cs go but you just talk and do not act.
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Artistic Artistic x 1