Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ze Surf Facility Update

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Motanum, Apr 6, 2012

1. Jan 9, 2012
    Last night I joined at the very end of my map (I didn't know I had donor statuss and could logged in into the full server so I had to wait 20 minutes, but that is another story. Thanks Sek!) and I promised to release an update today to nerf the time in the end.

So here I am. It's done and these are the main changes.
    -Changed the finale hold time from 1 minute and 30 seconds down to 1 minute.
    -All zombies get teleported in the last 20 seconds for a big final push
    -All humans get teleported in the last 40 seconds to get ready for the final stand
    -Zombies who finish within 20 seconds of the first human in the final defend get 15k hp.
    -Added 3 songs. 1 for intro, 1 for the middle stages and an epic song for the finale
    -Modified the signature texture. It now includes Plague Fest!
    -Did some other minor modifications

I hope we can get to try it soon just to make sure it doesn't crash with the amount of entities in the map (96% full). As soon as I know there is no fatal flaw I will release it on gamebanana.

The dropbox link for admins to upload and anyone incase they want to skip the ingame download.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13788872/Motanum/ze_surf_facility_v2_2.rar
    Don't download. Its broken. I am working on it now!

New working link to V2_3!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13788872/Motanum/ze_surf_facility_v2_3.rar
    It fixes the crashing issues resulting from having to many players joiing in, because the map hits the entity limit. I decreased it from 96% to 66%. This gives more than enough memory for when players join in!

Again, I appologize for the problem

Thanks for the support! I'll see you in the server!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jan 12, 2012
      Thank you very Much are amazing work btw This is gonna be Extra Good now as people would always complain how this map would be unfair etc all for the fact they dont really know how to surf to save there life But I really believe this shall Balance it out and people will stop QQ At a map that i find Very Good and a amazing change to the standard maps That Comes out these days so thank you and good luck in your future maps
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Thanks again Motanum, your work is awesome.
    • Apr 4, 2009
    • Jan 9, 2012
    • Apr 4, 2009
    • Jan 9, 2012
    • Motanum
      This message by Motanum has been removed from public view. Deleted by Motanum, Apr 6, 2012.
      Apr 6, 2012
    • Jan 9, 2012
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13788872/Motanum/ze_surf_facility_v2_3.rar
      It should take about 5 to 10 minutes for dropbox to finish uploading from the time of this post.

I brought down the entity data from 96% to 66%. This should definetly fix the problem from now on.

Again, sorry and I will see you ingame!
    • Jul 28, 2011
      @Motanum I was on the server yesterday when you were asking about music. I'm a fan of music in ze maps, but I know some people are not. Here's a good link, it tells you how to make music an option for players.
    • Jan 9, 2012
      It's a bit late, although it is quite easy to do. So if more people say "Aye", I will include it.
    • Jan 11, 2011
      How did you manage to have Entity Overflow (No Free Edicts) crashes on Surf Facility? XD

How many Lightglows/Similars where you using? Also, check those numbers with console commands CL_SHOWENTS and ENTITY_REPORT, not with the EntData % on the compiling process. The are crash-free maps with over 140%. The compiling EntData includes entities that won't make the map crash for overflow, like Prop Statics, Decals and Static Non-named Lights; so is just sightly orientative...

The game will crash whenever the "dynamic entities" (the ones shown with those 2 commands) hit 2048. Take in mind that each player can be up to 15 entities; so try to keep your map under 1.200. Better if under 1.148, specialy for a server with so many players as PlagueFest (60x15=900).
      We used to try making it lower than 1.400; but looks like the recent CS:S updates made players count ALWAYS as 15 entities or something (even if not shown).
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jan 9, 2012
        I had many light spots in the map. Specially in the tutorial and race stage. I got rid of them and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the info!