Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_ALTTP_Zelda

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Bart, Apr 5, 2013

1. Jan 9, 2013

I bet none of you knows who i am, but i used to play alot ze about 2 years ago, not on plaguefest servers, but i played on STFU and a french server. I own a community myself in 1.6 called Xtreme-Surfs where we only focus on surfing and in the past years i have been making over 20 surf maps for 1.6, but now i have decided to try out a zombie escape map and since i have always loved Zelda, so ofcause the theme should be zelda :wink:

My map will have about 7 lvls / stages and some items for both humans and zombies.
    These will be my lvls, if u have played A link to the past, then you probaly know about these lvls.

• You will start in a city in every lvls, kinda like minas where you buy weapons and choose items.
    • lvl 1 : House - Where you find the way into the castle
    • Lvl 2 : The castle - Where you shall rescue the princess in the cell.
    • Lvl 3 : East Dungoen
    • Lvl 4 : Desert Dungeon
    • Lvl 5 : Tower dungeon
    • Lvl 6 : The forrest - Where you get the master sword (ONLY MAYBE I WILL ADD THIS LVL)
    • Lvl 7 : Agahnim Tower

These will be the weapons for humans
    • Boots - Gives more speed
    • Shield - Gives more health and armor
    • Red pot - Gives heal to every cts
    • Bomb - Drop a bomb on the ground which will dmg and set zombies on fire after a few seconds.
    • All 3 emblems. (u will only be able to use 1 of them in each rounds)
    • Boomerang - will push back zombies
    • Bow - Will dmg the zombies
    I havent figured out what items to give zombies yet, but if some have any ideas then please let me know.

Here is a few pictures from the map, some of them dont have a roof and are having some light bugs, but i always first make roof and fix lights when im nearly done.
    city
    lvl1
    lvl3
    lvl4
    lvl5

Big thanks to Joris, Kaemon and Luffaren for helping me.

Also if you have any ideas or suggestions for the map, then please let me know
    • Like Like x 12
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Aug 10, 2012
      Two Legend of Zelda maps are better than one!
      If I would suggest anything I guess it would be that the pictures look quite compact and tight, like there is no room but hey that is only from the screenshots so it probably looks different.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jan 1, 2013
        I want to tag null but I don't know how that works lol. Just because I think he may have some really good help for you because of his own zelda map. :smile:
        Someone tag him please!

edit: @null oh yeah!
        Hanuta, Apr 5, 2013 Last edited by Hanuta, Apr 5, 2013
      • Mar 30, 2013

Very good work, i think its difficult to make a map based on a 2D game, you cant see all details by playing the game.
      • May 27, 2008
        My only suggestion is for the boomerang. It would be awesome if it could not only push them back, but also stun them for one second. I recall LttP doing both, only the stun on monsters was god-awful long, and maybe a shorter timescale can be implemented on that.

For zombies, you could give them a Deadrock. For those of you who don't know, these guys are impervious to damage in the game, and if hit, turn to stone, making them downright invincible. Maybe this could be something to work off of and whoever picks this up has lower knockback and takes less damage, and to compensate for it, moves a little slower than the normal speed of the horde. This is really the only viable special I can see being used as a zombie, if this is going to stick true to the one game, rather than the whole series itself.
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 30, 2013
          yes good idea, in Zelda when you launch the boomerang it paralyze monster like Blops for some seconds, you can do the same for zombies
        • Jan 9, 2013
          Ye ur right, some of the rooms are abit small and i will also make whole lvl 5 larger.

Great idea! i never thought of this, i could remove the push and when fired it will stun those zombies it hits for like 1-2s. If anyone knows how to make this, please let me know.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          you will need a player_speedmod entity to do this. If you have one, give it a name. For this, I will call it speed.
          make a trigger_multiple anon for the outputs:
          onstarttouch>speed>modifyspeed>0 delay 0.0
          onstarttouch>speed>modifyspeed>1 delay 2.0
          make sure to kill or disable the trigger when you don't want player to freeze anymore.
          edit: I can send you a little prefab that I have if you don't get it.
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Holy shit!! Awesome!! This is by far my favorite Zelda game and it looks awesome. @Bart, if I can make one suggestion, it is to make use of the original midi music from the game - especially the Dark World theme and Fairy Fountain themes - those are my favorites!
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jan 9, 2013
              Thank you very much mario, i didnt thought that i could make it so easy :razz:

I will use the original music in every lvls except the first lvl where you make your way to the castle, since the rain and thunder sounds so crap, then i will just use the original light world music.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jan 9, 2013
                Since i dont time to work on this map anymore due to work and real life, i wanna ask if someone wanna finish this map? There is still ALOT of work left, it have 5 levels and 1 small lvl still needs to be made!

You will need to be a good mapper.
                You should have played Zelda - A Link To The Past and knows alot about it!
                Like i said, there is still ALOT of work to do!
                Some items and bosses needs to be fixed.

If anyone is interested then pm me or type in this thread with your steam account, so i can add you can tell about it.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  Dat bump :razz:.
                • Mar 30, 2013
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  Whoops. Sort of thought it was a bump because the last post was in April of 2013 which wasn't in a long time but to the mapper, I hope you can handle your irl issues well because it happens to mappers :frown:. Anyway I know a Link to the Past well but I suck at mapping :frown:. It has been one of my favorite Zelda games in the past.
                • Mar 30, 2013
                  Yeah, i too love the game. I recently played it on a ROM and it is very good. I would love to finish the map, but i'm not very good at mapping (even after 200 hour with Source SDK, I never finished a map).
                • Jan 11, 2011

Got +3.000 on this account and similar on another account....
                  ...not to mention original Worldcraft for HL1/CS or non-tracked hours because a patch fucked up something and I had to open Hammer using a different method that doens't get tracked on Steam...
                  200 hours is a breeze for not releasing a map :razz:
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jan 9, 2013
                    idd, the first 200 hours i spent in source sdk was probaly to learn how to map properly
                  • Apr 21, 2012

• Like Like x 2
                    • Jan 1, 2013
                      I got 400 hours now and still don't have the damn entities in my head herpaderp
                      • Funny Funny x 1