Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ze_Ancestor_ Castle

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GrandOp, Oct 18, 2011

1. Oct 16, 2011

I allready said hi to everyone in the Introductions section of the forum so i thought it be a good time to show off some of my new map here.

Sorry if my grammer not very good.

The map will have you running from a attacked village to a well fortified castle, where you need to defend your self untill a magical spell has been triggerd in the main keep, after that you need to escape the castle by cave or airship. The main comparison is to helms-deep 'I love :3', due to the fact it has you defending a large 'ish' castle from a siege. But i can asure you that this map will stand on its own merits and will hopefully become just as liked. due to a large number of reasons.

1. after each human win the round changes, but keeps the castle the same everything time. Only changing the starting village the humans are spawned in, the path the humans need to take from the village to get to the castle and the end seige itself that happens around and in the castle.

2.within each diffrent round the seiges can change from easy single sided seiges, to full blown attack from all sides. I am hopeing to have alot of diffrent types of seige weapons, and have been expermenting with diffrenting things in the sdk.
    -seige ladders, when these get destroyed they dont just bust into peaces of wood, they snap in half and fall down a cliff with anything that was on it. and then respawn...
    -seige towers, i am hoping to make them break in peaces as well when they get destroyed.
    -seige rams, this will be used to push open the front gate, and needs a zombie near it to move.
    -bombs, these can be used by zombies where ever they like.
    -experment seige tram, still not sure to use this. It comes out of a massive seige tower, and gos over to the walls by a magical beam of lightning...
    -maybe air ships, for a finale round. they the only thing i havent made yet when it comes to seige engines.

3. No buy zone. you can only get better wepoans than pistols by looking around and finding them. This will hopfully make the start a bit more intresting.

4. Intertactive Gates. This means that some of the gates need to be pushed open, allowing the human defenders to barricade the gate with junk. Also some gates are made of litles bits of wood that break separately.

5. Respawning zombies, no more anti climatic rounds.

6. And more! most likly...

I would love to get every one feedback on what they think so far, and please do say if you have any ideas on how to inprove this map.

Here a alpha screenshots, I could only get one screeny up. if you want to see more, go to my steam account. I got alot of screenshots there but they are slightly more older, will update soon though: Steam ScreenShots

Attached Files:

2. Feb 18, 2011
    Well with the no buy zone you will need to make sure there are A LOT of weapons to find and they aren't to well hidden.
  3. Oct 16, 2011
    dw there be easy to get. once you get to the castle there will 'most likly' be weapon spawners so you your are allways going to get a weapon.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    That is good it may be a great map but people will be pissed off if they can't ever get a weapon. Maybe make it so there are only a limited amount of certain weapons like AWPs, don't add Scouts. I don't know just going through your explanation that is all I can really think of other then maybe adding some special weapons that give you armor, or do a lot of dmg some stuff like that.
  5. Oct 16, 2011

the number of times i had people drible down my ears about how my maps are crap... hehe

Edit to answer your other question.

Ye, there will be a limited number of weapons, so you will not have everyone useing the strongest weapons, meaning for the most part most people be useing p90 or something similar. Also there be only so much ammo in each gun. I my mind this be really good, becouse it stops people from turning into turrets...
  6. May 15, 2011
    The pF player base is... Special, to say the least.

But ya, I think it will be a great addition.

I especially like the destroying of the castle part.

Will you use fake DMM for that or just health?

Cause if you use fake DMM I will love you to bits. :3
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    I like this. Having to manually comb the area for whatever weapon you can get your hands on feels much more real.
  8. Oct 16, 2011
    I was refering to certain gates that get destroyed in bits, but i would love to add that in latter on, maybe have certain bits of the castle explode and fall part when cannons get fired at it or something... BUT i do have something kind of close to DMM when it comes to some seige stuff, like i said above the ladders snap in half and fall down the cliff, but i am also going to make the seige towers do something similar as well. so that be really intresting to watch i think :3

ye.. i have nothing ageast spawning with weapons but i never understood why no bodie used something like this before, it should add alot of tence moments...
  9. Feb 20, 2011
    Until theres 50 guys lookin for guns :razz:
  10. Oct 16, 2011
    The map is probably too big for fake DMM in multiple places anyways.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    This is really interesting, cant wait to see how it turns out.
  13. Oct 16, 2011
    very true, but i think i would be able to put in small amounts at certain times if im carefull...

thank you :3
  14. Aug 5, 2010

If i make make a suggestion put a armory inside the castle with random weapons.

So whoever gets in first hopefully they'll see a gun they like and run for it.

Another suggestion would be like minas where you get levels and you can get equipment.
  15. Oct 16, 2011

At the moment i got plenty of room within the castle so puting in a armory should be easy, pluse there plenty of room in the keep so there be plenty of weapons in there as well.

In a perfect world all my maps would have leveling, and custom stuff for each level... but sadly i dont know at the moment how to do that, But i would really like to put in some armour like in the minas tirith map.
  16. Mar 19, 2011
    Yeah thegregster made a reply to your thread on i3d so it wasn't a pity one.

But Yeah Definitely Can't wait to play looks very promising. Your other maps are good quality maps but there's really not anything about them that make them a great map this one definitely looks like a step above, Best of Luck. :smile:
  17. Oct 16, 2011
    thanks for the replie, and ye... i liked my maps when I first done them, but now that i look back they a litle lacking in some areas, i geuss its just part of the learning process. Same will most likly happen in a year's time when i look back at this map.
  18. Oct 16, 2011
    thanks. but its not making the weapon i am unsure about. Its level system i dont know about. I dont think it be too hard, but at the moment i am puting all my time into other areas right now and dont have time to go looking around for how it works.