Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_ATIX_apocalypse_fix..... ze or zm?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by retslag1, Jan 1, 2013

Should ze_ATIX_apocalypse_fix be added to ZM or ZE?

ZM 6 vote(s) 25.0%
ZE 18 vote(s) 75.0%
  1. Feb 21, 2007
    Just tested this map and it seems addable. The question is: which server do we add it to? It has both holding elements of ZM, and towards the end, it has the escape elements of ZE (different methods of escape, and various difficulties of each method). So what do you think?
    (If you haven't played this map, plz download it and check it out so you can provide more useful/informed feedback)

I kinda liked the idea of leaving the current atix on ZM and added this map to ZE.
  2. Jan 11, 2012
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Sounds like a map like Voodo_island or 30_seconds. Or a combination of both. I haven't played it (yet)m but if it is, I say ZE.

Edit: Lol I know atix, not the goofy other name you put. Anyhow if this is the one with a ship/train/helicopter/truck escape, yes put it on ZE it's quite fun every now and then, and at least it doesn't get boring quickly.
    Fornax, Jan 1, 2013 Last edited by Fornax, Jan 1, 2013
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    Unless if this is a new version it totally crashes on Linux unfortunately.
  5. Feb 21, 2007
    @enviolinador said he edited it so there arent so many entities, and fixed that, i think...
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • May 12, 2012

1. if they spawn within players = zm
      2 if they have a target destination = ze
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I know I said it's more ZM than ZE, but out of all ZM maps I think this one could perhaps fit the potentional of being a ze after all, even if it's still 99.99% ZM and 0.01% ZE simply because at the end you jump on either a helicopter or Truck on which you have to stand idle too.

We need more ZE maps since people keep asking for them so I don't mind it being on the list, it will be forgotten very quickly anyways.
      Name it ze instead of the historical zm though ^^
    • May 31, 2012
      The thing is that it has two other endings which are pure ZE (one of those didn't appear while testing). Besides, the map has a far more dynamic feeling than the classic zm_atix_helicopter because for every ending there are different strategies and most of them (that I know of) involve holding at two different places per ending minimum before getting to the escape mode that, in some cases, contain more holdpoints themselves. Of course, the classic helicopter is ZM, almost pure ZM, but train, boat and the new helicopter are far more ZE than ZM in my opinion.
    • Aug 18, 2012
      i love this map hope the map coming on ze server :smile:
      pf ze server needs good old classic maps i think.
    • Jan 11, 2012
      I see it more of a zm map, it has just too less of ze aspects IMO.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
      • Oct 29, 2010

This map will see much more playtime on ZE than ZM.
      • Dec 6, 2011
      • May 20, 2011
      • Jan 21, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Some ZE players absolutely love playing ZM maps (you know rets... the times you mistakenly uploaded some ZM maps on ZE? lol). The ZM maps were actually extended. I agree with Seeker, place the map on both ZM and ZE. Heck, we need more maps, doesn't matter if they are old or not. :thumbsup:
        • May 25, 2012
          Any word on this, @retslag? I quite enjoy ATIX maps and would like to play it again in ZE. :frown:
        • Aug 10, 2012
          Yeah put it on ze! I remember playing this on i3D and it worked really well!