Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_banana_escape

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by enviolinador, Aug 1, 2012

1. May 31, 2012
    I'm a bit dense now, and as I've been slacking a bit too much lately, I'll leave a few pics of my wip (that probably won't be mapped until I finish paper).

The plan is to have 3 levels that will converge at some points, and secret paths that players will be able to unlock doing fancy crap and that will activate completely different levels. You will have to look for special weapons around the spawn area, and then, using both teamwork and guns, get to the end. Also, my idea is to have little-to-none barricades, so it's more 'wall of bullets' based holding.

EDIT: I'm not showing the bosses now, you could suffer from brainfarting (they are seriously retarded)

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • May 14, 2011
    • Jul 4, 2011
    • May 31, 2012
      I've been thinking of 'ingame' classes too, for example, players could become 'Stealth' and, being it, crawl through vents to open doors earlier (making it easier for the team), 'Medic' (pretty obvious), Engineers (can create barricades AND activate special weapons such as turrets), etc. The problem would be selecting those roles...
    • Apr 1, 2012
      go to hell

oh, can we has big kong who uses stomping attacks and throw exploding bananas?
    • May 31, 2012
      Sorry, no kongs. There might be monkeys, but the animations of the monkey model I have suck.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Agreed with tony^^ i like where this is going too
      Especially ur idea of 'in-game' classes that would be cool
    • May 31, 2012
      Probably the classes could be just as 'materias' or normal special weapons; stealth suit, medikit, construction kit, bazooka (for the gunner)...
    • Jun 3, 2012

banana phone
    • May 30, 2012
    • May 31, 2012
      There will be bananas, but in a retarded, absurd place. (Banana-pot radioactive cave?)
    • May 30, 2012
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • May 28, 2012
        He is running super low quality graphics though. I get 298 with highest settings xD
      • Oct 17, 2011
        My fps never went over 100 in any map and not even in single player :frown:
        Maps awesome envio!!!!
      • Feb 9, 2012
        u should have it random selection for those roles, or have a map trigger to select a random human to be given it once you reach a certain area. that way it seems more fair than just giving the role to the same person who tends to be the fastest or just focused on getting the items instead of helping. ALthough there are risks that you could give it to someone new, that's the fun of it. it would help if there was a msg saying player ____ has been given ______ . so if the turret person ends up walling people, itll be easy to find who or give them a certain color/sprite around them.
      • May 28, 2012
        You could use a logic_case and pick random >.> have it spawn in like 3-5 places and whoever spawns on it gets it =P
      • May 31, 2012
        The console message is impossible, as I can't know the players name. I will randomize the spawns so there's no 'materiaism' (I'll have a shitload of random and the items won't be as easy to see, so you will have to be luckier). As I'll be using this system, now I have to change the spawn area a bit, adding structures outside...

I was running that super low quality graphics because those were the ones in which the game started up when I compiled from hammer in windowed mode. Now I've changed it, and by now the fps rate goes ~160-300,
        as the outdoors area is filled with trees and crap.
      • May 14, 2011
      • May 31, 2012
      • Jun 3, 2012
        If the bosses don't look like this I will be disappointed:

[IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 1