Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_bioshock_round1

Discussion in Completed Maps started by dormantlemon, Sep 1, 2011

1. Aug 19, 2011
    MAP TYPE: ZE
    DOWNLOAD LINK: Dropbox: Ze_bioshock_round1_r1 <--The first near perfect release
    MAP SCREENSHOTS:
    Screenshot1
    Screenshot2
    Screenshot3
    Screenshot4

Features:
    Many custom textures and models
    Boss fight
    Custom Weapons
    Original OST music
    Some custom particles
    More stuff too

Notes:
    This is purely a fan made map for fun. It took about 2 months (ctrl+n was used in hammer at 10:37am on july 3rd) to produce what it is now.

Servers:
    Servers require flashlight to be enabled. You will miss so many small things if you dont

Future plans:
    -Spawn was already designed with 4 rounds in mind (hence 4 doors). So an ultimate version will be produced later on. Other rounds are in progress right now
    -Modficiations to plasmids and existing things
    -More plasmids/plasmid levelling system (as in bioshock electrobolt 1/2/3 etc)
    -Also hp scaling per ct for the boss
    -Far better skybox (difficult to produce a 3d skybox now as i still have more rounds to produce that would mess up the sybox later on.). The buildings used now are temporary.
    -Much better lighting effects. (Improving lightmaps, more eeirie light effects)
    -Port splicer models so servers can use splicers for zombiem models ingame
    -Special player characters? (such as big sister) Similar to white knight/gandalf in minas_tirith.
    -More relevant sound. The current OST is cool and all, but some of Atlas' speeches would be nice.

Possible bugs:
    -Textures or particles *may* be missing. They shouldnt be now. The last 18 hours spent on the map were trying to compile it without 4mp3s and a particle mising. It was a challenge to get it to work.
    -Small plasmid sign texture (can be seen in screen 2) is back to front.
    -Current skybox has some anomalies.
    -Tunnels are *excessivly* dark.
    -Bathysphere has no door after starting moving

rubber johnny (for testing and suggestion. Has taken hours out of his days to help me out. This wouldnt be a release without his assistance)
    N B K (for some useful suggestions towards the end)
    Hannibal (inspired me to map to begin with by the release of Mako_reactor)
    2k Boston + other 2k Subsidiaries (for Bioshock of course!)

If you have suggestions or criticism please let me know here or on steam: 1nf1n1ty484
    I welcome your comments gladly.

Now misc on the final multiround version:
    Will include 4 different areas of rapture, modelled on original bioshock game areas.
    -Some rounds with bosses, other with holds
    -Round 4 will finish with the fontaine showdown. I have fully planned out how it will work.
    -Some brand new gameplay styles including including collect the items to finish. No simple run and hold. Think of ze with zm elements. Will require extensive teamwork for the cts
    (bioshock fans will know what section of the game this is based on)
    -A secret zm round based on the bioshock infinite world f colombia. Players must find the code in one of the rounds and enter it into a keypad somewhere else to enable it.
    -Round voting system for players when all rounds have been finished
    -And loads more!

Release 1 is out!
    All bugs have been fixed bar some texture issues that im still working on
    Some changes and improvements have also been added. Many just minor world changes but see chnagelog for more detailed info and notes on larger changes

Download link replaced at top of OP. BSP name is renamed. However renaming its name now will break particles (ze_bioshock_round1_r1 is what the bsp must be called)

Note:
    Tested on my local pc and another stock cs:s laptop. I found no missing textures or other unmentioned errors on either pc. If you see an error model or the no texture crosshatching screenshot it and ill make sure its dealt with.
    Known texture issues:
    -You can see through the skybox on the bathysphere ride
    - Looking through glass will give a red glow in certain places (this is due to a cubemap issue somewhere invloving fire particles [due to it being fine before the buildcubemaps command]. I quite like this bug actually, it gives a soft red glow in many places, but nevertheless it will be fixed
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    Looks great! I look forward to playing it. Just curious, is it best with a certain number of people? Or does the boss scale like in Mako?
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    boss hp doesnt scale at present. Its set at 10k always. However ive already taken onboard that suggestion and it will be incorporated next release to scale based on players. I planned to do it this version but it actually slipped my mind. The boss shouldnt be too difficult, the only issue for players there is that its a narrow space and a big enemy. If it causes problems i will of course change things.
    So anyway i guess i would recommend 20+ needed to play or hold points will be difficult. Fortunately pF in particular nearly always has at least that many playing :smile:

1 more version with bug fixes and improvements will be done before i finish off the other rounds
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    I don't think I've ever been this excited for a ZE map. It looks fantastic.
  5. Mar 13, 2010
    This makes me happy. :3 When are we putting this on the servers?
  6. Aug 19, 2011
    I see a lot of anime avatars. Its possible you will like my other less progressed ze project. Does Angel Beats! mean anything to you? Thats all you need to know
  7. Mar 13, 2010
    lol I was in Japan when this series first came out a little over a year ago. It's a banging series from what I hear.
  8. Mar 16, 2008
    I'll upload it when I get home tonight if it hasn't already. Do you know if it is stable for gameplay yet?
  9. Aug 19, 2011
    it may need testing with many player but <5 player tests suggest its fine. Theres no insanely complicated entity OIs in it so hopefully there should be no problems
  10. Mar 19, 2011
    Ill test and post some feedback When I'm done
  11. Feb 12, 2011
    Pretty much everyone has seen angel beats. Good anime, tho theres better ones around.
  12. Mar 16, 2008
    I love new maps, I just hate when new maps crash a full server. If you feel that it is stable enough, I don't have a problem with testing it on ZE1
  13. Aug 19, 2011
    Excellent. So you know well the setting for my other map. Its in my top 2 of animes ive watched though, cant fault it.

I feel its more than ready. But wait for N B K and any others to voice their thoughts. Shame im not around for 12 hours now as im in UK and need sleep, but feel free to test without me whenever. Just let me know the results.
  14. Jun 30, 2011
  15. Mar 19, 2011
    I don't know if it's ready to be tested there's probably more you could add on to it before having it tested I don't know I think it's playable just not enjoyable enough to be added to the rotation quiet yet though.. I mean I guess we can test it maybe just to see if it's stable enough for that many players but I'm pretty sure at it's current version it won't be added just yet to the rotation but I can see it being devoted into a very fun map
  16. Feb 12, 2011
    Whereas I like to encourage people to map, I honestly do not think it is a good anime to choose.
    You might want to choose either of these rather than angel beats as a setting :
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/8074/Highschool_of_the_Dead
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni

HotD pretty much explains itself why it would fit in ze.

Higurashi no naku mainly could be considered because there are parasites around that can cause people to go berserk and distrust everyone, and eventually attempt to kill everyone. It would fit in the theme of ze perfectly too.
  17. Aug 19, 2011
    Ive seen both. Both are brilliant. However ive already mapped the whole school. BUT, i have a friend at Obsidian conflict whos looking at using my work so far so i may give it to him and start over with something else. I havent got really far with it anyway
  18. Feb 21, 2007
    i'm putting it on the server now. either myself or josh will test this out later tonight
  19. Jun 30, 2011
    HotD is my favorite anime ever, considering i dont watch that many anime shows.
  20. Oct 29, 2010
    That's awfully optimistic, calling an unfinished product your favorite ever. :tongue: