Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_blackmesa_csgo

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by CastleX, May 6, 2012

1. Jan 28, 2012
    It's a work in progress. Spent maybe 7 hours on it so far. Most of it spent trying to fix leaks with sharp edges. I've attached the .bsp Downloadable through gamebanana below, so if you have csgo, check it out. Recorded what I've done so far in a vid below.

Heads up, the vid will look like shit with youtube's encoding and the darkness of the map itself.
    New Vid Update

Changes:
    -Structure's 90% done
    -Added heli escape
    -Added walkways and ladder for ascension room.

Download Here
    Since gamebanana has been somewhat of a giant douche lately I'll just be upping the .bsp here from now on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      CastleX, May 6, 2012 Last edited by CastleX, May 16, 2012
    • Apr 20, 2011
      LOL what next mako maybe first version of lila panic at the end it will look suck at csgo just like mako on cs1,6(search on youtube cs1.6 mako and you see it)
    • Jan 28, 2012
      -Finish the structure obviously.
      -Lighting, will need some help on this, if our good at it let me know and I'll send you the .vmf once the structure's done.
      -Tram, going to make a better looking tram, not to mention i have to add the rail on top
      -Tram turn movement. Needs improvement on the 90 degree turn, theres no glitching out of it, but if you're too far left you can get flung right out the door. Also need help on this.
    • May 14, 2011
      Nice work so far, I just really want the sdk myself to be able to map for csgo aleady >.< :razz:
    • Apr 27, 2012
      Maybe add some paintings on the wall :razz:
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Will definitely add some, but right now i just want to get the structure down.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jan 2, 2012
        Very nice, shame it was taken out of ze earlier though :s

And I'd try it, but sadly I didn't get a GO key :frown:
      • Jan 28, 2012
        Updated. Check the description. Posted a new vid and a dl link for gamebanana.
      • Mar 10, 2012
      • Jan 28, 2012
        Updated! Check the thread description for details.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        @CastleX Might want to fix the secret path with the keypad to make it how it usually is, and that it won't open if somebody hits a different button.
      • Mar 21, 2012
      • Jan 28, 2012

Edit: Now they're withholding the map. Getting a little fed up with gamebanana.
        CastleX, May 12, 2012 Last edited by CastleX, May 12, 2012
      • Jan 28, 2012
        New video update plus I've upped the .bsp here since gamebanana sucks (see thread description).
      • Jan 28, 2012
        Another video update featuring the heli escape! Check the description for changes and the new video. Structure's probably about 90% done. Still need to add the elevator, nuke room, and cafeteria.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        @CastleX Are you going to make the map more balanced or no? The current version is still human sided at the end, and it's basically the same path every time. Maybe you could spice it up a little? =D
      • Mar 19, 2012

I would love to see multiple difficulties like brett said, it needs a little spicing up. Nobody said the map has to be as Squarey as the original. Also adding a little of the HL story would be cool.

I think that a better looking tram thing at the beginning would be good also because your going from a shitty looking box with windows to a badass realistic helicopter at the end.

Also for the love of god please tell me that the music isn't actually in the map... Completely ruins the mood IMO. You need some ambient music to set the half-life/zombie killing mood.

/ideas
      • Jan 28, 2012
        Yeah, with the new heli model being like it is, I'm going to make it a little more t sided at the end because basically once it leaves no one can get inside, just on the sides of the heli and prolong the round. So I'm going to remove the second chance opporunity to get on the heli and may make the defend spot 3 boxes wide with a box, no box, box structure and see how that pans out. Open to suggestions if anyone has any.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Difficulties would probably take a hell of a lot more time for him to implement, let him release a version 1, then if he likes, he can keep working on it.

EDIT:
        At the part where you climb up the ladders and go up to the helicopter, it seems a little human sided, so you could possibly add multiple ladders or easier ways to get up? Mostly just a zombie-killing fest at that part.
      • Jan 28, 2012
        I was planning on making two versions, one almost the same as the original and one with multiple difficulties and a boss. Have already thought about different path's, will do that and probably have an indicator of which way to go kind of like the map on potc. Yeah, the tram is just basic now, I said earlier somewhere that I was going to make a new one, just using the box for now. :razz: And no that music won't be in the map, I was just testing out a couple of mp3s I had and randomized them in the start.