Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_castle_v1

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Super Mario, Apr 5, 2013

1. Oct 17, 2011
    edit: LOL FPS problem is from my laptop, not the map. I had source sdk, 3ds max and CSS opened and my laptop sux.
    I started working on this project since summer and hopefully, unlike my previous 2 zm maps, it won't crash because of some something stupid. The map will include 4 levels:

1st level- Reach the final destination of the right side of the castle.
    2nd level-Reach the final destination of the left side of the castle.
    3rd level-Fight the 4 dragon bosses after reaching to the top middle of the castle.
    ZM round- which i will make the most fun and hardest. I am trying to make lots of cading spots for the zm round and lots of multiple fun ways for the zm round. It will be about 7 minutes surviving in the castle until the helicopter comes to the top middle and humans must escape (more detail will be explained later). It will include materias for both humans and zombies, traps and other.

Nothing else to say as the map still needs lots of work. The map is also a large area, so i will need a little help on optimization for better fps. Also, i did not start working on he outside part.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      Super Mario, Apr 5, 2013 Last edited by Super Mario, Apr 5, 2013
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Looks nice, but game play is very important. Would like to test.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      I just need to fix some errors. I'll probably provide the .bsp here next week.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      This is looking good. I'm really liking the the "escape" idea you have in ZM Round, cool little twist to winning. But i was also thinking, wouldn't everyone just go to the top middle and defend there for 7 minutes (if that's even possible for PF players :razz:) until the heli comes? In that sense it would be kinda plain and like any other ZM Round. Just my opinion though :razz:
    • Jun 18, 2012
      Yes indeed it would be somewhat like Atix, but look what happened to that, PF fails miserably every round, so you're right.

Looking good so far.
    • Jan 9, 2013
      Map looks very good, i love castle theme maps!
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Hmmm smart one. But there are 4 ladders at each side of the arch. That makes 16 ladders. I would probably need to make a teleport that activates a little bit after the round starts to the top so people don't camp upstairs. There is a lot of climbing and to get to the top. It will be fun.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      This really looks good. Can't wait to see it on server.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Oh Yeah i forgot about ATIX, and yeah lol current record 0-176 :razz: huehuehue
    • Jan 14, 2013
      Great map , Id love to see the bsp to test it out:smile:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Holy shit those castle walls are tall. O.O

Looking nice so far. Can't wait to give this map a shot.
    • Apr 1, 2012
      those, metal shelves and boxes... seem out of place...