Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_christmas_infection_v2_3 guide

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Hydreigon, Jan 19, 2014

1. Apr 28, 2013
    Well after giving up on my skyrim guide and calling it quits, I have a few things to say about this map. I first didn't want to play this because it was overplayed at the time which was in may and then when I joined, it seemed like a cool map to me but believe me, this map is one hard son of a bitch. Of all the times we played this map, we failed constantly on the tough parts and have learned from them and eventually on October 25 2013, we finally won this map. However, there are still some ppl confused with some powerups and tactics to this map so I might as well go over this map to all the "ppl" that don't know the map. Let's get started

I am going to do a spoiler here so I can explain all the powerups and how they work.

So now that the powerups are explained let's get on with the map itself.

The spawn: It is CRUCIAL that one person goes for the button to the door that opens in 30 seconds as everyone defends spawn. If ppl fail to defend spawn, then the zm can wreck the cts through the main enterance to the factory and the vents especially on the higher difficulties where there are more open points. On easy mode, there is only the enterance and a vent. On meduium, both vents open but both are crouch. On tough and apocalypse both vents aren't crouch and the entrance is open. However the beginning spawn isn't changed so defend spawn until there is 10 seconds until the door opens. Don't forget to have some cts grab powerups if they are at spawn.
    [IMG]

The inside: Nice looking factory isn't it. Well not as nice as you will expect soon. Here, the map will split into two paths which one path will randomly open. The bridge path (straight) and the elevator path (left) (names not official yet). I will go over the elevator path first.

Elevator Path: If that left door opens, go left. You will now enter some room with a blocked door, some control panel and a few powerups if they have spawned there. To trigger that door, a ct has press the color button that matches the top color light as explained here.
    [IMG]

I am sorry if that light is gray but that is because an entity makes it so that if the path is straight, the color panel can't be activated but you get what I mean for that. A ct has to activate the panel while cts defend the beginning of the bridge as in this pic.
    [IMG]

Now these two pics are what you see on easy mode. On meduim mode, a fence breaks on that bridge. On tough, a present is removed an on apocalypse, all helping fences and presents are removed. Also, on medium, tough and apocalypse, a ct will have to get three panels instead of one. Once that switch is activated, keep defending as that door will open in 15 seconds. After that door opens, you will now end up outside with a ct having to trigger for an elevator and everyone defending the hall before the outside. It is best for cts do defend behind this fence here until the elevator leaves in 10 seconds as shown here. Be sure that everyone makes it to the elevator in time and use powerups wisely. This elevator hold is identical all stages however.
    [IMG]

Now after the elevator gets to the top, there will be a vent opening as one person will go for the trigger depending on the difficulty. If a person has tree placer, napalm, or snowball launcher. use it to defend the vent for a while. If a person has icewall at this point, it is CRUCIAL for ice wall to use it on the side of the vent. If so, the icewall can crush a lot of zm incoming especially to the zm that have those nasty powerups.
    [IMG]

That basically sums up the elevator part as there is the other path to go.

The bridge: This will be the path where you go straight if that door opens. Cts will have to defend some bridge and some vents here as the next door will open in 20 seconds. Once that door opens, cts will have to fall back away from the vents as a few ppl will go for the next trigger explained later but here are some differences with that hold. On easy, it is a crouch hold so it's straightforward. On medium it is a box hold which isn't as easy as before. On tough,all but one box is removed. On apocalypse, all boxes are removed. Now for the trigger part. After this door opens while cts defend or get powerups in that giant room after the bridge, cts will go left up some stairs and then some walkway to another but it can't be opened unless a switch is activated in this location.
    [IMG]
    On easy, only one switch has to be activated to continue. On medium, tough and apocalypse, both switches have to be pressed at once to continue. After that trigger is activated, the door will open in 20 seconds. Cts should hold the end of the bridge up until about 5 seconds before the door opens. After that door opens one ct will have to get the trigger depending on the difficulty (this will be the point where the paths come together) as cts will have to defend this hall after the door. Be careful defending there as there are some points that the zm can jump over.
    [IMG]

Well this is the point where both paths come together as ppl need to hold at the earliest point depending on which path the cts come from.

The Control Room:
    This would be the point where the paths come together as that part is changed each difficulty. On easy, medium and tough, one person would have to go for the door that would open in 25 seconds while cts have to defend at their respective holds. On easy and medium, the left path will only be open. On tough mode and apocalypse, the right path will open as well requiring the cts to defend before that split. Once again, 10 seconds before that door opens, everyone should fall back. On apocalypse however, there will be two side doors leading to the main door. To open those, one ct will have to go through this door right here:
    [IMG]
    to basically get to the control room and press the button that will open the two side doors in 10 seconds as cts defend from their respective holds. However, the main door after this will only open in 15 seconds instead of 25. Now after that main after the control room opens, you will now end up in a room where either the left door will open, or a hole to the right will open. If the difficulty is easy or tough, go through that left door. If the difficulty is medium or apocalypse, go through the hole in the wall. Either path will lead to this giant room.

The giant room:
    Ho boy, this room has dreaded me for how much failure pf has before on medium mode but here is a glimpse of it.
    [IMG]
    As you can see, this room consists of a few ramps and some points to defend but it isn't as easy as it seems. Also, it is best that a ct goes for that trigger as ppl will defend the early passage shown here.
    [IMG]

Now here is the setup for each stage. On easy, you only have to defend this room for 40 seconds. On medium you have to defend this room for 60 seconds and a wall will break shown here.
    [IMG]

On tough mode, you only have to defend for 40 seconds but a second path will open shown above in that screenshot. Also, the same wall will break as well. On apocalypse mode, that hold will be identical except you have to defend 60 seconds instead. After about defending the giant depending on the difficulty, everyone should fall back once that door opens in 10 seconds.

The storage area:
    Now this room can be different and has a different setup depending on the difficulty. First things first, one ct go for the trigger as everyone should defend this candy cane.
    [IMG]
    Simple right but every stage is different as things will split up from here. However there is one more thing to say. On easy mode, a person can go directly to the storage area which will open in 15 seconds door because on medium, tough, and apocalypse, there will be a door blocking the storage hallway before that storage area door which that door will open in 20 seconds requiring at least 25 additional seconds of holding. Every difficulty has a somewhat different ending as I will go through the boat ending first which only occurs on easy and medium.

Boat Ending: This ending only occurs on easy and medium as after the storage area opens. A ct will have to go for this door up a ramp.
    [IMG]
    Once that person gets that door trigger, cts defending should drop a nade and fall back on easy as that door will open in 15 seconds. On medium that door will open in 20 seconds so cts should fall 5 seconds after the trigger. after that door opens, another door will take 10 seconds to open. After that door opens again, you will end up outside again. Cts should defend this point after you end up outside. Also, the door shown below will close as zm will teleport in front of the door so don't go too close.
    [IMG]
    On easy mode, the boat will leave in 50 seconds so cts should fall back to the boat about 20 seconds before the boat leaves. On medium mode, the boat won't leave unless a ct picks up the core and returns it to the boat. The core can appear in four possible locations.

On top of the shack.
    [IMG]

Inside the shack.
    [IMG]

Behind the shack.
    [IMG]

Or inside some tent thingy.
    [IMG]

After a ct goes for the core, the ct with the core should go inside the boat and press e on the window thingy which will bring power to the boat as the boat will leave in 15 seconds after a ct brings the core back to the boat as all cts should fall back then to the boat. After the boat rises, that stage will end as that ending(s) are done. Now for the other path for tough and apocalypse which involve escaping on a balloon (tough) and getting inside some bunker after exploding a core (apocalypse).

For tough and apocalypse, cts attempting to defend the candy cane should fall back as instead of going up the ramp, cts will go to the right door instead.
    [IMG]
    Instead, that door shown here will immediately open instead of having to open it as the next door will open in 10 seconds. May think it's easy then but believe me, both endings are hard after this point. I will go over the balloon ending on tough mode first.

Balloon Ending:
    Now THIS ending I dread forever on but there is tactic to this to prevent defending from the balloon. Cts will have to defend this area for a VERY long time (about a minute and thirty seconds as you will see why). Keep in mind, the same thing will apply as don't go too close to the door to beware of zm teleporting outside the door.
    [IMG]
    As cts are defending this area, one ct should go for the doors straight ahead. DO NOT GO RIGHT AS THAT WILL BE FOR A DIFFERENT ENDING. These doors will open in 10 seconds. After so, that ct should go left and go for the trigger which activates the balloon sequence. The balloon will arrive at this point in 20 seconds but cts should keep defending no matter what. Here is the reason why. The balloon moves VERY SLOWLY as zm can get into the balloon multiple ways as that balloon is very hard to defend from. Also if ppl have to fall back to the balloon and it isn't close to the end, about half the team will die and respawn as a zm making that point even harder than before. By the time a minute and 30 seconds pass and a ct successfully gets that trigger, the balloon will be at the 2nd to last point the zm can jump through so everyone defending should fall back to the balloon and slow the zm down. If ppl hold correctly, then then cts can jump into the balloon at the last jump point to the balloon and the balloon will get away as the stage will end as well. Now let's see what lies behind the other path to the right.

Bunker ending:
    Same thing above, defend that point but cts don't have to defend and probably shouldn't defend as long. Once ct should go to the right though these vents
    [IMG]
    Go the center vent because the left and right are crouch vents as that ct should activate a button which opens a door in 30 seconds. About 5-10 seconds before that door opens, everyone should fall back through the vents as cts should defend those vents as well because there is another door that opens up soon after the 30 second door opens as well.
    [IMG]After that door opens, you will now end up some place like here as a ct will have to go for this button.
    [IMG]
    Once that ct goes for this button, cts defending the vents should fall back and defend here:
    [IMG]
    until a few seconds after these two doors on both paths open as a ct should get the final trigger. Also, that same door above will close as zm will teleport in front of that door so don't go too close (yet again :l). After defending this point for a few seconds, fall back to the last point of the map, THE BUNKER.
    [IMG]
    LAST STAND FOR THIS POINT! DEFEND THE HELL RIGHT HERE. Defend this hallway and the two vents for about 40 seconds. After defending there, the bunker door and vents will close ending the final stage and you just beat the map.

Now personally, I consider the ending on tough mode a lot harder than the ending on apocalypse mode but what makes up for the difficulty on apocalypse is that 60 second hold and the control room hold.

Anyway, pretty long guide as I worked even harder on this than that skyrim guide. I hope you enjoy this guide I made for pf.

Hydreigon
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Aug 12, 2012
      I heard plaguefest beat this map once, is that true? :cool:
    • Nov 17, 2012

Those skins though xD
    • Apr 28, 2013
      very nice, those reaction at the end... we need more of that in plaguefest...
    • Apr 20, 2011
    • Apr 9, 2012
      No offence but your pistols are very ugly xD

Nice guide!
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Good guide. Your elite skins are too much bad.

When will you create your Paper Escaper Guide ? *joke* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012
        Nice guide, Hydre! Nice skins too. :smile:
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Now some ppl like my pistol skins and some ppl hate them but to answer some questions:

This is the link to the pistol skin i use: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/49404

I will NOT make a paper escaper guide as that map was beat a few times and a bit old for that matter. The map may be hard but most ppl should know the map by now.

And chet, this map isn't much about doorhugging otherwise, this whole team would be screwed. And just for saying that, you probably hate ze maps by enviolinador as well.