Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

??? ze_dark_messiah ???

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Samurai, Mar 31, 2014

Should Samurai do that Map?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2014.
Why are you even asking? FOR SURE!!! 6 vote(s) 85.7%
Please God no. No. NOOOOOOOOOOO 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Finish space adventure first FFS! and do Dm afterwards 1 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. May 29, 2012
    I played alot of Dark Messiah and I really love the game. I thought of maybe doing a ze map of it, but as I´m to lazy to build all the crap myself I just choosed to port all files out of the game and put it into hammer :3

I redid some of the first map. Lightning and triggers/buttons/sounds/etc.
    I would like to know if this would be okay to do or if you guys would like it.

You will see a video of me going through the first steps of the map. I as far as I got, I planned to make some stages (everything ported out of DM) put making map events and boss ight, items and all other stuff myself. I just really like the map design of the game and do not want to change anything. And yes I know I still have to finish space_adventure.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVXK-KmJPM&feature=youtu.be

This isnt final and alot of stuff will be changed in later versions.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • May 29, 2012
      You can see the difference here:

2014-03-31_00001 2014-03-31_00001 (2)
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Please do this map but we should let space adventure release first.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      LOL...I was about to say, that 1st screenshot looks fucking amazing until I realized it was a screenshot from the actual game haha
      However the one you made for CS:S looks pretty good too imo. Maybe a bit more lighting though?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 29, 2012
        Well you need to know that Dark Messiah is based on Source Engine and I actually ripped of all the stuff how it is. I will improve the lightning for sure but I like it a bit more dark then the original.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          The problem is that most people find darkness annoying because they need glasses or whatever and that translates into dark maps always getting turds flying across the air and constant yelling.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Release it simultaneously
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • May 29, 2012
            Its actually much brighter the screenshot just makes it so dark. And as I said: Lights will be improved. I just wanted to catch so interests