Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_devil_may_cry

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Devious, Mar 18, 2014

1. Sep 25, 2013
    Sooo as I have told some of you cuties I started making a new ZE map

Quick Q&A

Q: Why are you making a new map instead of helping Skullz finish Harry Potter
    A: Because all of the work left has to do with a bunch of technical stuff (i.e. making bosses, further optimizing, etc) which he is really good at and I can't help with.

ANYWAY, as the title states the map is going to be based off of Devil May Cry 5, getting the ambiance of the game is going to be hard as fuck so I don't know how i'll exactly pull that off [IMG], I have found a ton of models which will make this a lot easier as well (60+ models for bosses etc).

I plan on making the map 3 stages, and plan on making about 5 special weapons and maybe 1/2 playable characters.

**EDIT 3/29/14***

Hard drive failed on my PC (which is the computer I was making the map on) and I lost the entire map so I had to COMPLETELY start over from scratch, this is the new picture of the start of Stage 1 which is inside of the Virility Factory.

[IMG]

Buttt ya anyways i'll be working on this on and off not 24/7 so it won't be done for a good while.

If you have any suggestions PLEASE post them or message me them on steam [IMG]

I'll keep updating with pictures and stuffz
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
      Devious, Mar 18, 2014 Last edited by Devious, Mar 29, 2014
    • Apr 1, 2012
      so ze harry potter just achieved HL3 status, ok
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        What really happened was devious stopped working on the map and left it to skullz but skullz is working on it.
      • Sep 25, 2013
        Ya I stopped mapping because I had to focus more on school, had some insane classes last semester, but now they're not that bad so I have more time to spend mapping, but ya Skullz is still working on the Harry Potter map, hes getting close to finishing it
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 19, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Sep 25, 2013
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Dec 11, 2013
              Nice man... "Harry Potter" map, the name look AWESOME, very excited about it. Anyway, good job :grin: @Devious
            • Apr 1, 2012
              It's ok to admit if you're (or Skullz) slacking, I still remembered those maps in the WIP section in this forum that never gets finished until today.

Also Junon released alongside HL4 on a side note
            • Mar 30, 2013
              Vad36 ported the devil may cry models. Go ask him
            • Sep 25, 2013
              oooo nice thanks :grin:
            • Sep 25, 2013
            • Oct 13, 2011
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Sep 25, 2013
                • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                • Feb 11, 2012
                  LESS ITEMS AND MORE DEFENDING MORE DEFENDING MORE DEFENDING :grin:
                • Sep 25, 2013
                  d/w it wont rely on items to win, I am going to try to add unique holding methods like killing certain monsters

i.e. 3 monsters spawn and you have to kill them to move on, instead of *hold here for 20 seconds* and stuff like that, to try to make it more like the actual game
                • Feb 11, 2012
                  I see. Well that's cool. We don't see this kind of holding to often if at all.
                • Sep 25, 2013
                  Gotta keep doin new stuff to keep ze interesting! :smile:
                • Feb 11, 2012
                  Yeeep, that's the road ZE is going down now I guess. Not a bad thing I suppose.
                • Sep 25, 2013
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Apr 9, 2012
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Funny Funny x 1