Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_Diablo_I

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by MsZimmy, Jul 23, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012
    Diablo 1, 2 and 3;
    and here's a sneak preview at Diablo 1's starting area, where you'd run through to grab items before venturing down (for those of you who have played Diablo 1, you know you go through the Cathedral, until you reach the catacombs, then the catacombs entrances opens up, section 12), into the catacombs and further into the caves and then hell

ze_Diablo_I will allow the players to start at a type of ze_Skyrim spawn area where the players have found themselves placed at a burning caravan on a road to the village of Tristram. This allows the players to run down the road to select the class they wish to play (Rogue, Warrior, Mage(I'm thinking of adding more to add onto the HellFire expansion as new classes were added with that expansion)).

This will be a point based system as well as a non-point based however, meaning any zombie can select a skin. If out of a full server for example, 30 player were humans, there would be (at the moment), 3 player classes, and 27 player items (chosen between armor, spell books, swords, shields, etc, (I haven't finished adding in items for players to grab(think minas tirth with armor, players have a safe haven for slashes from zombies))) and 34 players zombies, of which, all zombies would be able to select a zombie class (default being between a few, but for sure a skeleton warrior(this gives immersion to the map of the Diablo Universe)) and based upon their point system, be able to select a higher level Diablo Minion.

Upon exiting the spawn/class selection area, you'll be transported to the edge of Tristram, where you'll make you're way through town (collecting items on the way), and down into the Cathedral where ultimately, you'll fight Diablo himself. However before you reach his stage/difficulty, you'll come across the Butcher, Lazarous, and the Skeleton King. The Cathedral will be (Still working on this at the moment) random, just like the game itself, every round will present its challenge of finding you're way down to the next level of the Cathedral.

I'll post some picture's in the morning as I'm barely managing to make this post at the moment.

Edit 1: Without @Luffaren or @Kim, this would be nothing more then a dream/fantasy.

Pictures:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 10
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 6
      MsZimmy, Jul 23, 2013 Last edited by MsZimmy, Jul 23, 2013
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Nice, would love to see this map come to fruition!
    • Apr 9, 2012
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Which will be better to play, your map or Diablo 3....Probably yours since idk what Blizzard did with Diablo 3 that left a sour taste for the Diablo franchise.

Gloomy Red...THE RED DEATH. IT WILL HAUNT YOU. (This will make sense when pics are seen).

+1 :thumbsup:
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 13, 2013
          sounds fun I cant wait until it's done and ready to be tested. I'm really looking forward to it. I love boss fight maps =P
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Looking forward to another Skyrim/Minas based map where there is a shop for the humans and zombies where you get levels by winning the rounds as a ct. This one better be good :smile:
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Make sure that those wooden pillars and holders from the house are models, to cut down on planes, otherwise you'll quickly get into the limit. Though, I'm pretty sure Luffaren or Kim already told you that by now
              • Useful Useful x 1
              • Jul 8, 2012
                Thanks, I will probably indeed need help with models, but not at this time as I'm still working on the map itself. :hammer:

Probably my map... *cough* Blizzard killed it *cough*
                My gloomy red cathedral looks evil and diminishing(idk what that word means, but I'm using it cause it sounds cool).

Same here! It's come a long way and textures are still being changed, the terrain is going to be redone later. Boss fight maps are awesome as long as it's executed nicely, which I haven't delved into yet, but I've gotten some amazing idea's from @Luffaren and can't wait to try them out.

I love skyrim, but it's a little discouraging to join late, for my tastes anyway, that's why I like the idea of having a system like theirs, but also allowing level 0 items... for late joiners, also it adds to the immersion of playing a Diablo themed FPS game as everyone would be able to grab something. (I have no idea as of yet how this will affect performance during game play, if it'll make it too unstable, but I'm going to do some testing with friends when it reaches that point(I really hope it works))
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Jul 8, 2012
                  I'm excited as I've always been a Diablo series fan. These look great and I can't wait to try them out. +1 support and very nice job so far (and continued I assume) on these. :thumbsup:
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Jul 8, 2012
                    They aren't at the moment, I'm going to slowly start changing them to models though, luffy was teaching me this before his vacation thing to the awesome wilderness place in swedenland or so, LUFFY DON'T GET EATEN BY SASQUATCH!!!! Oh right... uhhh... but yeah, that's on my list to do, change things into models so it lowers performance cost and also so I don't smash into the brush limit fast xD
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Feb 11, 2012
                      Well, assuming its her first map you can't really expect it to be next best map. But honestly you never know, many mappers first map are pretty good. With the right help im sure it will be a good map anyway. The screenies look cool.
                    • Jan 11, 2011
                      Welcome to the Tavern of the Rising Sun. Stay a while a listen!
                      • Like Like x 3
                      • Nov 11, 2011
                      • Jun 13, 2013
                        lol at the " Luffy don't get eaten by sasquatch" xD But yea I love wilderness backgrounds feels more real and feels like the medieval times =P
                      • Jul 8, 2012
                        I'm debating and wouldn't mind some opinions from other people... think I should do Diablo 1 characters only or also add the Diablo 1: Hellfire expansion characters as well? Difference being 3 characters vs 6 characters. Adds more modeling work for me, but I love modeling so it's an "ehhhhh....." moment for me. Community input plox.
                      • Mar 12, 2008

Anything that won't get your map removed from GB or wherever it's going to be posted up.

Remember what happened with SSBB and that GB mod coming here.
                      • Jul 8, 2012
                        It's all pixel art, aka I myself have to model it, so if they remove it cause I'm modeling copyrighted characters, then wow.
                      • Nov 26, 2011
                        Zimmy, if you pay me $50 I'll plaster my character model with screenshots from your map and act as a sponsor.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Apr 9, 2012
                          Post Merged, Jul 27, 2013
                          They told me that for SSBB, if I would be using textures that looked like the ones (but not the original ones, just different) that would be ok, the same for the characters. If they resemble just a little bit, but still different, and entirely done by you, then it's alright. Unfortunatly, that is not going to happen with SSBB, there's no way I would spend all the time doing that, just for a map for ZE. That would take me years
                        • Mar 12, 2008
                          It was advice, not a burn. I did not intend any ill-will.