Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_dust_escape_v1

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by retslag1, Dec 1, 2012

Keep or Remove ze_dust_escape_v1?

Keep in rotation 21 vote(s) 52.5%
Remove from rotation 19 vote(s) 47.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 21, 2007
    So the question comes...should we keep this map or remove it.

Admins were debating this in the mag suggestion thread, so I thought I would bring the discussion here. Please vote and/or discuss.
  2. May 30, 2012
    Remove ofcourse, the gate soundtrack is horrible and it's so short. If peoples really likes it, then i suggest them to make the ze_Dust_escape_pf_v1 edition with the fixed sountrack.
    I don't really care about how short it is, we can just rock the vote if it gets too bad, but the soundtrack is horrible, peoples who want it to stay is probably peoples without normal sound volumes and headset. I can't play the map with my normal volumes. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: In my opinion is this map a troll...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2012
      turn your volume down then... i say we keep it
    • Apr 9, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Jun 18, 2012
        A bit two sided IMO, I don't think it should be removed over 1 sound. ZE has greatly improved from maps like these and this one is really really really back to basic. Not bad but not really exciting either, at least people can't grief on it. It's new (again) to PF and I guess I'll just nominate it a few times and see about the opinions, if people don't like it they won't vote for it after a few times anyway.
      • May 30, 2012
        I have seen many players voted for it but when we were on the map, half of the mic users was saying "MY EARS", or something close to that, the sound is HORRIBLE if you are using a headset with normal sounds for ZE maps, not that the sound is there, he made it a global sound so even peoples far away can hear it, ALSO while i remember can you camp at spawn without getting killed of the nuke. Yes, i believe this should get removed.
      • Jun 18, 2012
        This is one of those old maps which needs random zombie spawn, instead of the teleport back, just like icecap/sorrento/ and those others :razz: And yea the sound is horribly high, but meh I just put my volume down since I know it's coming.
      • Feb 11, 2012
        This map must be the worst map, there is literally not even 5 minutes in one round, id rather play ze sst, at least their is a vehicle and a corner to turn :smile:
        Please remove xD
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Please keep this map I enjoy the classic feel to it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          We played it last night and people had fun on the first few rounds, then we rtv'd it. I don't believe a forum vote would be quite fair because many of the ZE players don't have a forum account.

Maybe to ease the Mako 24/7 try-hards butthurt you could make the map time 10 minutes for the map? @retslag1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          This map. I have quite a history with this map. . .

Back in the days when I was an evil donor, a good number of us would constantly nominate that map. Why? We got an ultra-kick out of playing a map so special, it was fucking hilarious. We got an even bigger kick out of sitting in spectate and basking in the wide variety of reactions to this map (which ranged from bemusement to the map to lots of whining to--unsurprisingly--absolute loathing towards the map).

TRUTH IS: I was the direct catalyst to this map's initial removal.

One day back in February, I got bored. So, I nominated dust escape.

A vote (and some vocal coercion) later, the server was on track to play yet another session of dust escape. Joining us that fateful day was @Ray.

Ray had apparently never played this map before because when we started our mad dash towards the bunker, Ray completely lost it. ("THIS MAP IS SO FUCKING HORRIBLE/WHY ARE WE EVEN ON THIS MAP/etc.")

Ray then changes maps. . .to cs_office. We defended against the zombies for a good 15 minutes in cs_office. I was laughing the entire time, oh what fun that was!

It was after that day that dust escape was never seen again. . .until now. A status update of me reacting in complete horror to its removal still exists deep in my profile. . .

I like to keep this map (out of nostalgia).

But I'll let the vote decide the outcome.
          • Funny Funny x 1
            meeko, Dec 1, 2012 Last edited by meeko, Dec 1, 2012
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I just don't understand why there's so much butthurt over this map. It's not like players get forced to it, it's the same as 30 seconds. If you don't like it, you don't have to vote for it on the nomination list.

I'm not out to troll, as many of the ZE players know, I enjoy a smaller, more simpler map every once in a while.
          • Feb 14, 2012
            I agree with Brett, forum users should not be deciding the fate of maps unless it's for a game breaking bug. We reflect a fraction of the playerbase.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
          • Aug 22, 2012
            Sorry if this isn't my place to post, but on Steamgamers, we have both new maps and old maps on the server as we prefer not to play against bosses all the time and actually fight zombies
            • Like Like x 2
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Sorry if I misunderstand the issue, but there is a difference between a map without any boss and a map without anything.
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Jul 4, 2011
              • Mar 20, 2012
                We dont need every map thats out there on the server. In my opinion there are better maps, which we tested but we didnt add them...

Like I said , sometimes I really like to play "old/classic" maps like 30secs, hypernova,pitchblack or voodoo/icecap but this one is 2 short, easy and bad.
                Anybody remember that map(cyber plague) which was completly a copypast from each sector...just run a very big tower upstairs and after 3 minutes you reached the top and there was a nuke button, I had more fun on that map.

If it really stays on the server maybe I make a map like that too and get the mapper status yeah....nooot -.-
                A good mapper probably just looks at hammer and a map like dustescape comes out the same moment^^

And some issues...you can manually start the truck with E, I just played it(1st round) and I jumped and got stuck in a wall, there are 2 holding spots = crouch spots(even with boxes 2 block zombies further) ...impossible
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jun 18, 2012
                  What about instead of going back on forth why it should/shouldn't be taken of rotation we give everyone who wants it gone the task of finding 2-3 Old school classics and add them instead?

PF gets new maps and the ones which aren't licked are taken off.
                • Mar 26, 2012
                  I don't know if Brett is talking about when we played it yesterday (I think it was yesterday). People complained at first "Lets rtv this ****!", but I said "Let's at least win one round before we switch map", everyone agreed, and we had fun for a short while I think. It's a nice map when there aren't that many players on, and I think we need more of these smaller maps for times when there aren't a lot of people on. Huge maps like Biohazard, Mako, Predator, etc., are great maps when you have a bunch of people, but ultra suck when you have like 10-20 people, or even less. When there aren't many people on the server, I prefer to play things like sorrento, rooftop runaway, or something like dust escape, and it's nice to have a break from fancy maps every once in awhile.

Shorter time would be nicer for it since it's undeniably a super short map, but if that's not possible or not worth while doing, I think by the time we win 1-2 rounds, that's enough time for people to rtv again.

Therefore, I think it should stay.
                • Apr 1, 2012
                  if you don't like it and is just indifferent in nature about the map (you can still withstand the map), don't nominate it or vote for it
                  if you don't like it and are so passionate in keeping this map away from you as long as possible, start saying things in the mic or the chat once the map vote arrives like "not dust, it's horrible!" or "2, dust is shit!"

I mean it's not like even if the map's in the rotation, you're actually FORCED to play it... no you don't have to... you just have to prevent the map from being voted if you're playing in the server!

for me, I'm rather indifferent. should we remove it? up to you.. should the map stay? up to you.. I personally don't like it, but if there are some who truly enjoyed it, I can just disconnect and do something else or alt tab and wait for the map to be rtv'd off or whatever.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.