Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v2_2 ZM Mode

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Harvey, Jun 12, 2011

1. Dec 7, 2010
    I had a good question posed to me regarding the Mako Reactor map when it enters Zombie Mod mode:

Q: Are there any illegal spots for humans when Mako Reactor enters Zombie Mod mode?

A: No. When pF had a reload version of Zombie Mod, any spots originally defined as illegal on the unlimited ammo server was made legal on the reload server. Because the Zombie Escape server is a reload server by default, there are no illegal spots for the Mako Reactor map.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Hannibal is planning to release a new version of Mako Reactor at some point (after Minas Tirith is released and fixed).
    It will include the reduction of the ZM rounds (to probably only 1 or 2 instead of 3), and all (or most) of the spots you can consider illegal will be removed or some new ways to them will be added...

Also Earth Materia will be removed from the ZM rounds.
    I personally consider illegal that "bridge-thing" in front of the first hold position; it's too hard (or imposible) for zombies to get there if there are 3 or more humans, and it's zero-fun.

Any other "ilegal" spots (even if there are not considered as such) or thoughts about the ZM mode of Mako in general? We could really use the feedback.
    Also, Hannibal couldn't foresee how "easy" beating Normal>Hard>Extreme was going to become with all those Pro-FF7-Players; ZM rounds were never intendeed to be played as often. XD
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    I'll talk to you on steam about some glitches that are in the map and some things that could be made to make it more fun.
  4. Apr 17, 2011
    You gotta change that Terrorist teleporting to the top ledge at the end of the train for ZM, people glitches there if servers have late zombie spawning.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    Uhm, there are illegal spots on Mako. Humans can get to places zombies can't by means of materia. Also terrorists(human) get teleported to a ledge at a certain time of the map because of the settings being weird and zombies can't reach up there even with !ztele.
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    That was the spot I was referring to but I guess it's not Illegal.
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    That spot you talking about (the beam behind the trains) is going to have one or two ladders up to it added; bu tthe real problem is your late zombie spawn.
    Zombies should spawn (for a server like pF with multiple zombie spawning) in 28 seconds (Max/Min time = 28); so they get spawn and get teleported at the same time train doors open. (Maybe it's 29? Not sure).

Your current settings allow humans to be on that beam (there shouldn't be human terrorist when the teleport occurs); make it "necesary" to change team when you are a terrorist if you want to be faster to the city for materias, and even make that some humans get the HP intendeed for Zombies, making them survive forever Bahamuth's breath on Hard.

Also, zombies are suposed to be right behind humans when they exit the train. You should try it (feel free to sightly decrease the number of starting zombies, since they may infect some slow people or those who dare to exit by the roof when being in the last train wagon).

(And the places that can be reached only with Materia, is the reason why Earth is going to be removed from ZM rounds).
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Unlike a standard zombie mod maps, apparently there is a timing as well as an attribute glitch that causes humans to gain an unfair advantage over zombies. In normal zombie mod maps, zombies are given the same opportunity to reach all areas of the maps as humans. In this situation it appears that zombies do not have that opportunity and will require a map update or some level of restrictions to even out the playing field. Detonater, what do you feel that restriction should be to even out play on this map?
  9. Sep 25, 2010
    There are only few known places that aren't reachable by zombies because of server settings, and then there are a few spots taht can be reached only by humans by means of materia. Restricting human access to these spots seems to be fine.
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    Can you define what spots they are to allow for consistent enforcement?
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    [IMG]

Second spot :
    [IMG]
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    Are we really going to enforce illegal spots on ze now?

It's map exploiting and falls under that section, no need to put in illegal spots for ze :l
  13. Jan 30, 2011
    We are talking about after humans beat mako on extreme/hard and it switches to normal zm.
  14. Feb 12, 2011