Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_FFXII_Westersand_v7

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Slayerdragon, Jun 15, 2013

1. Nov 3, 2012

Well I promised a new version of Westersand and here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32948810/ze_FFXII_Westersand_v7 FINAL.rar (58 MB rar).
    I called it v7 and will be the final final version of Westersand. I lost almost 6 hours just for packing all the models and materials into the map, cause pakrat had some issues after the css update.
    So I fixed the teleporting magicks which were crashing the server (now templating them) and added few minor updates gameplay wise.

The changelog of v7:

Fixes
    - fixed teleporting magicks (now with templating)
    - anti shortcut desert (humans who shortcut will temporary slow down for a few seconds)

Magicks adjustments
    - water 7 > 5 seconds duration (it was too overpowered and much hated by zombies)
    - fire 10 > 8 seconds duration
    - earth 7 > 6 seconds duration

Making it more fun and epic than before (and harder)
    - add mini-boss to hard & extreme ending
    - add 20 seconds extra defending to easy/hard/extreme ending
    - raised the health of chaos a bit
    - raised the fire nova damage of the dragon
    - extreme ending, dragon has now fire breath that u need to dodge instead of small overall damage
    - extreme ending, lowered guardian and dragon health a bit

Other
    - added help messages at the power attacks of the dragon (electro => dodge meteor & water => fire nova)
    - added an ammo refill at boss fight guardian (epic/godmode) after 1 minute playing
    - and some other minor adjustments....

Well good lucking winning the map :wink: and have fun xD
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Slayerdragon, Jun 15, 2013 Last edited by Haplo, Jun 15, 2013
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Moved post to own thread since it was in wrong spot and now people can post any suggestions, bugs, or praise the author.
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Oct 18, 2012
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Maybe try to post your map on Gamebanana even, it will probably be trashed for ported content (like the v6 ).

really good work, now i like to play your map
    • May 25, 2013
      Today i test this map with slayer during 4h for see all *-* if you don't like i kill you !

h4sArD.
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Very good map, I wish your next will be very better than this :grin:
    • Apr 4, 2009
      Uploading now, should be able to test soon.
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Awesome, can't wait to beat the "son of a gun"! This is going to be one of the best "hardest" maps ever. :grin:
    • Mar 30, 2012
      Great. Can't wait to test it out. The new ending for Hard and Extreme are glorious.
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • Apr 4, 2009
        Test went well, hopefully there aren't any crash issues in the future.

Added to rotation.
        • Like Like x 4
        • Mar 30, 2012
          (Inb4 Crash)
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Nov 3, 2012
            Hello again, many people recently requested a new fix version for westersand. Some bugs/glitches have been found and abused. Examples are:
            - the warp magicks kills almost all humans when the elevator is down;
            - people dont need to crouch at the upper laser of hard/extreme ending (still some players manage to die lolz).

I will fix these bugs along with new additions to the map like new vents
            - for extreme + : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32948810/vents.png
            - and godmode: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32948810/vents2.png

Next, i added some health to the guardian boss at epic/extreme. And raised the health of Chaos (last boss) cause he dies to fast. Also i added a 4th red laser at the very end of Godmode => only the chosen ones may survive godmode :smile:.

Also i found out there were still alot of complex brushes in the airport that weren't func_details. So in other words v7_1 will be also improved in performance.

Well i'm posting this here, so you guys can come up with bugs i didnt know of, or if u have a good idea/addiction to the map, post it here. V7_1 will be the last version if everything is good :wink: So now is the time for changes ^^. I will release the fix (hopefully) tomorrow.
            • Like Like x 7
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
            • Mar 30, 2013
              Slayer change the wallpaper in the first cover area (where we cover 25 sec before guard open the entrance). It's write ze_FFXII_Westersand_v6 instead of v7 (v7_1 in this case).
              If you can"t remember the wallpaper, it's on the wall who break on Epic and God mod.
            • Mar 30, 2012
              Do you mean the wall with the winners, or the wall that is at the first hold point?

I don't think the winner wall will be changed, ever, but i do agree the wall that on the first hold point could be.
            • Mar 30, 2013
              The wall at first hold point. Winner wall don't need to be changed (except if it's write v6 instead of v7, but I can't remember)
            • Nov 3, 2012
              i know what moltard means, it's the wall at the first hold point. I was so stupid to put V6 in the right corner of the wallpaper in the first place xD Now i have to delete it for Mr. Moltard xD
            • Mar 30, 2013
              :grin: It's for your map, not for me. A little detail is important, to make a map perfect :cool:
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jul 23, 2012
                i love you, this shit gets abused fucking everytime we play now.
              • Jul 17, 2012
                My opinion is still, that this map is not optimised for limited ammo server. Especially the first levels are way too hard to be the first ones. Even with a team of good players it's simply too hard. And it gets harder with every new update. I don't want to have the map easy but i want it balanced so that we can beat it with a good team.

Seriously if you create a map, you cannot build it on the base of unlimited ammo. I hope you'll not make the same mistake to your new map i saw. Skyrim is a very good example that with a few tests on limited ammo a map can be balanced very well. I know some people will bitch me cause of this post but i hope you can understand what i mean. If not you should think about making a limited ammo version that is balanced.