Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Kujoen, Jan 21, 2014

1. Aug 1, 2012
    Hiho plaguefestians,
    I want to present to you my map, ze_forbidden_tomb, which i have been working on a veeeeeeery long time now.
    After remaking the entire thing multiple times i am finally somewhat satisfied with the outcome, but its still some time
    until its completely done. Thanks to the help of @JorisCeoen it will not only have amazing models but also be finished quicker. My hopes are that you guys will enjoy playing it and that you find the setting interesting.
    Now to some Data( I do not want to reveal everything, there should be some feeling of the unknown when its released)

The goal of the map is to kill a resurrected pharaoh on the top of a pyramid who has been causing the world-wide zombie outbreak and end it once and for all. This task is split into 3 different parts :
    Level 1 : Enter a deserted top-secret research base in the desert and enter the pyramids outer canals through an airlock.
    Make your way through the canals and defeat the first boss, the gatekeeper, in order to enter the inner sanctum.
    Level 2 : Climb up the inner sanctum disabling power crystals the pharaoh uses to channel his powers of the underworld to raise the dead on the entire planet. Then jump into a underworld portal and destroy the soul well, then escape back to earth.
    Level 3 : Climb the rest of the pyramid and finally kill the pharaoh, escape the pyramid and "get on de choppa" to end it all.

Level 1 is completely done, level 2 is 2 / 3 finished, i have only made concepts of level 3 so far. While the bossfights are not made yet, i already have a concept for each of them. They will not be longer than the average bossfights but require more individual actions (move or die, stop shooting, get off the platform ect...)

About items... i have made a couple already but i still have not found a concept system that i like in regards to how players get them and how they react with zombie items.

I am also working on the 3D skybox to get it as epic as possible, but currently im not using one, so you cannot see how the pyramid looks from the outside or the surrounding of the secret base.

That about sums it up... i would appreciate any ideas you guys have or tips about the weapon system or improvement wishes

Now some pics to round it up :

Facility :

The Pyramid:

• Like Like x 5
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      Kujoen, Jan 21, 2014 Last edited by Kujoen, Jan 21, 2014
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Looks good so far. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Is this one going to kick players, too? :silly:

It looks really nice :shock:
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Damn this looks good, been wanting another egyptian themed map, can't wait to play it.
      • Apr 28, 2013
        I hope this one doesn't as I was going to ask this because of the last map Kujoen made that kicked @enviolinador. However, you had to post this one first.
      • Dec 8, 2013
        lookin' sexayyyy
      • May 29, 2012
        Looks much better with lights now. Allready love it :smile: