Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_Forbidden_Tomb_b1

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Struppi, Feb 6, 2014

What do you think about the skybox texture in my map?

Its Great 10 vote(s) 66.7%
I dont care 5 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Apr 21, 2012

Whats the Map about?

GO NUKE EVERYTHING BEFOR ITS TOO LATE
    But first you need to get in the place.

Deactivate the main power.
    Close all unsecure access knots.
    Reach the core laboratory.
    Destroy the test subject.

<4 Stages - Average difficulty>

Total Hours Spent Making the Map

Probably about 400+ hours. I grew with this map.

Completion Percentages
    [IMG]
    About 85%
    I still need some time to finish it.

Screen Shots

Cargo Elevator Cave Desert Lab
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
      Struppi, Feb 6, 2014 Last edited by Struppi, Aug 6, 2014
    • May 31, 2012
      Where's the 'remove it please' option in the poll for the skybox texture?

EDIT: I remember that the version I played had HDR, are you going for HDR again?
    • Jan 1, 2013
      @Struppi did we test it in HDR too? I cant remember lol
      If no, we gotta do that in the next days 8)
    • Apr 21, 2012
      If you really hate it you have to contact me on steam! :grin:

If several people complain about it then I'll change it.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 11, 2013
        You want to '911' who???? Hahaaha ..... :grin:
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Aug 1, 2012
          My map actually has a tomb in it and I kinda claimed the name first
        • Apr 21, 2012
          Well idk who got the idea first but apparently, I thought Struppi was Kujoen. Idk who had that map name but either way, I hope both maps will turn out good. If someone wants an alternate, I would suggest ze_ancient_temple or something like that.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Apr 9, 2012
            It seems like both worked on the project together and talked about it (they worked both on Kujoen his project) but apparantly Struppi released this work seperatly which is different, and probably as a lack of inspiration he blatantly ripped the name off Kujoens project and used it for his project.

It's impossible to determine who was first in fact, because I cannot personally confirm this is true (he told it me but because I cannot actually know if this happened, I cannot confirm). I know Kujoen however and I'm confident that he is not lying, so yea if true I really cannot applaud this manner but there's not much to do about it. I would kindly ask Struppi to ask him if this is in fact true, and if so that he would simply change the name, because very honestly judging from the screenshots I can tell anything but a tomb from it in the first place. ze_ancient_temple is alright but sounds a lot like ze_aztec_temple so isn't the best idea either.

I would try another name @Struppi
            Post Merged, Feb 7, 2014
            EDIT: I totally forgot about this, just check this out:

http://plaguefest.com/threads/ze_forbidden_tomb.17933/ (Kujoen, 21 jan)

http://plaguefest.com/threads/ze_forbidden_tomb_b1.18057/ (Rip-off Struppi)

That's not very friendly... Please change the name to something else, Kujoen was definitly first. It's not fun trying to make a competition between 2 mappers for a map of the same name. I'm not sure if you did this intentionally to troll or simply out of a lack of inspiration.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              No. They're different projects, and it seems quite obvious from their posts. The name is very generic, so it is fairly normal than they used it (being not native english speakers afaik would also make the chances of going for a common, simpler name go up). Struppi was the first to post (and to release, link in the spoiler below because it is of another community), so if the name was to be 'given' -heh- to anyone, it'd be to him. If the problem is how the map looks on his screenshots, I doubt that you can really get enough information from them (given that they're only four and they just show random areas from the map).

I won't give you one of these disagrees you dislike so much, but yeah, nope.

• Winner Winner x 1
              • Useful Useful x 1
                enviolinador, Feb 7, 2014 Last edited by enviolinador, Feb 7, 2014
              • Feb 27, 2012
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  @enviolinador and @Tony the Tiger!! :grin: thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I specifically searched for ze_forbidden_tomb in the search option on PF but I could only dig up the older thread from Kujoen which led me to believe initially that he used the name first. I do particularly care who it is being given to because I wouldn't like it if someone started another SSBB project and called it ze_SSBB.

@Kujoen while I cannot determine who actually used the mapname at first between the development of both maps before posting them, from all available resources, it seems that he was the first to use the name. As you already said yourself, just change it to something else, perhaps something more concrete to your project because as Envio said, ze_forbidden_tomb is pretty general.

Sorry for the confusion. Let me get out of this thread.
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Jan 1, 2013
                    @JorisCeoen @enviolinador @Tony the Tiger!! :D @Struppi @Kujoen and sorry if I forgot someone.

I know Struppi since a long time and tested his map 1 year ago with @Kim on Struppis private server! The map included two stages and a boss already.

I personally talked to him about his worries because he saw the post from Kujoen in the forums and I would like to state, that he definetly didnt steal the name, neither did he have any intention to harm the other mapper.
                    And, to set one thing at the top, it isnt unusual to get problems like that. The ZE genre isnt unlimited and it is hard to come up with new ideas. A while back, I worked on a dev-textured map called ze_colors, came back and saw that envi released a map with the name ze_colors and dev textures. I am super sure, that he did not even know about my work and I would like to call it unluckily, since its really not a creative name. lol
                    Same works for ze_forbidden_tomb. So please, dont be too fast with your judgement. It doesnt have to be a fact that one of the mappers stole from the other one. So I would like to see a friendly solution in here and no more hate.
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Apr 9, 2012
                      Everything is settled already lol, jsut read the post above your post
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Feb 1, 2011
                        On behalf of the Surf community I would like BOTH of you to cease and desist using the name forbidden_tomb because there's already like 4 surf maps with that name.

:stop:
                        • Funny Funny x 3
                        • Zing! Zing! x 2
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        • Jan 1, 2013
                          Oh well yes, I saw it. Just wanted to throw in my opinion with an epic final speech huehuehue
                          • Funny Funny x 2
                          • May 31, 2012
                            No, you just wanted to tag people. Don't try to lie, you won't trick anyone with your tricky lies.

The best way to settle this, as I already told Struppi, would be a knife fight to death on a waste cargo ship like one of those from the typical post-apocalyptic movies that is in front of the Statue of Liberty. It'd be quite jabberwocky, probably.
                            • Winner Winner x 1
                            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                            • Jan 1, 2013
                              God demmit, I AM A NINJA! Mkay? Stahp uncovering my satanic plans to get the world control. >8(

But I have to agree, the idea is good but there are some things missing.
                              - Massive explosions in the background
                              - a storm and flying cows
                              - deathclaws
                              - turtles
                              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                              • Mar 30, 2013