Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_harry_potter

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Devious, Sep 25, 2013

1. Sep 25, 2013
    Soooooooooooooo hi everyone XD, some of you may already know this but I have been working on a Harry Potter map with Skullz for about a month and a half now and figured id share some stuff with you guys :B.

The map will cover almost (if not all) of the movies.

The map will have 5 stages + a zm round
    10 different special weapons (wands) - 7 Human Wands and 3 Zombie Wands
    7-8 Playable characters (Ron, Hermoine, Harry, Snape, Voldemort, and 2 deatheaters).
    5 bosses and 4 mini bosses
    20+ different songs

So far Stages 1, 2, and the ZM round are 99% finished and Stage 3 is about 75% done.

I know it may be a little late for this but if anyone has any suggestions LET ME KNOW :B thanks
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Have heard you talk about it, hope that it turns out to be good!
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Hi devious... Post all your pictures here :razz:

(Maybe 50 pictures on GFL thread, :grin: that would be long)
    • Jul 17, 2012
      What will these songs be? For a themed map like this one it's always the best to include some original theme songs instead of some random music like in other ones. Also some Screenshots would great.

A first example:

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhL2HRAVKZs
      • Agree Agree x 1
        ColdZero, Sep 25, 2013 Last edited by ColdZero, Sep 26, 2013
      • Mar 13, 2013
        One of the bosses should be the whomping willow! that'd be fun to fight lol
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Welcome to the pf forums Devious aka, one of my favorite SSAs along with Backstab, Nick, Rexy and Instinct.
      • Sep 25, 2013
        Yeah that song is in the first stage XD!!!
      • Mar 29, 2012
        From what ive played of this map it needs alot of work lol. Also Slam doesn't fit the atmosphere, don't use it. another thing devious, your Voldemort model looks like shit xD
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Was playing this map a couple weeks ago with Devious and some others. Map does have quite a bit of work to be done imo, but it's looking good so far.
      • Sep 25, 2013
        The model had no skin or animations on it thats why haha, this is what it looks like now

[IMG]
      • May 31, 2012
        That's a good matching He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
      • Aug 13, 2013
        Solid work devious, very high expectations of you and skullz. Good luck with the map.
      • Dec 6, 2011
      • Mar 30, 2013
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Feb 8, 2013
          Holyy sh*t, a Harry Potter map!! I've been awayting for this for 2 years (sincerely, I start mapping 1 year ago but I prefer my pokemon project :razz:). I saw the screenshots, thats a damn good work.

Keep going, I want to be 1 of the first testers :grin:
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Well good thing you did cause now we will have a Pokemon and Harry Potter map hopefully xD
        • Sep 25, 2013
          In about an hour I will be going through the entire map and listening to songs to try to figure out which songs fit best in the map.

*** IF YOU HAVE ANY SONG SUGGESTIONS NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO POST THEM HERE OR PM THEM TO ME ON STEAM ***

Sanya has already sent me a ton of songs and a few of them will more than likely be used in the map

I am looking for both Harry Potter songs and epic songs (like two steps from hell) even though a lot of the two steps from hell songs are already used so try to give me some suggestions that are like it.

Troll song requests will be ignored.

P.S. THIS IS NOT MAKO NO PENDULUM :B
        • Feb 27, 2012
          This mix has some pretty cool stuff. Should look at it.

This one is pretty cool too.