Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_inception

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Satin Storm, Mar 8, 2013

1. Mar 8, 2013
    Hi, I'm Satin Storm. I usually play on the hellz escape server. You may not have heard of me however, as this is my very first map. I've been working on it for over a month now (approaching 100 hours of mapping I'd say, but to be honest I've lost track), and I reckon I'm ready to announce it.

I'm sure most of you have seen the film this map is based on. You might even be able to imagine what I have in mind for it. But before I go on, here's a small taste of my progress so far:

[IMG]
    (for reference, here's a snap of the same place in the movie: http://i.imgur.com/tupntxm.jpg)

- The map will consist of three areas: the Streets, the Hotel, and the Snowy Mountain. In other words, the three main dream levels of Inception. If you want specifics... well, just watch the movie.
    - I will use Hans Zimmer's score as the soundtrack.
    - Currently one special weapon planned.
    - There will not be any bosses. It will be a classic hold-and-run zombie escape map for the most part.
    - Possibly different routes to take in the Streets level.
    - At least two different endings.

That's it for now. Back to mapping.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Those are nice visuals! That's something I'm looking for in the more recent and incoming maps, as I personally feel that most visuals/layouts from the current map collection are becoming way behind to what we actually can do today!

I know the movie, so I'm very curious how you'll d-gonna pull it off, but it looks like it's going completely the good way, so keep on going mate :wink:
    • Mar 23, 2012
      Seems like an Amazing map *clap* ! I have seen the movie, and I am sure you did a great job ! Can wait to play it :smile: !
    • May 31, 2012
      Woah creative and I am sure that map is going to confuse a bunch of people... I like it!! Can't wait.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      Looking forward to seeing this map, as I enjoyed the movie very much, @Satin Storm
    • Apr 1, 2012
      lol Nolan is going to find you and sue you :neutral:
    • Feb 11, 2012
      That looks really good. It matches the photo soo well. Good job keep it up and i like ur idea of not having a boss fight. I like doing holds and stuff a lot, cuz it can get real intense at times which i like, rather than just going to a boss and shooting at it for 5 min.
      Anyways keep up the good work!