Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_infected_tramway NOW V3!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Motanum, Jun 1, 2012

1. Jan 9, 2012

I have updated infected tramway to version 3!
    Some of the changes are
    • Nerfing the octagon to 1 on easy, 2 on normal, 4 on hard and 6 on suicide
    • Changed secrets to p90 with UNLIMITED ammo! Nice light following you now with a use!
    • Changed the stair hold out to make it easier to defend
    • Added nades near the final healing spot to provide with extra tools for humans
    • Music is now affected by the Music slides! Hate my songs? mute it!
    • Added a paypal sign at the start for those warm hearth-ed fellows!
    • Fixed the voice acting lines not being packed into the map! It NOW has actual voice acting! Experience a story unfold as you survive!
    • Fixed a bug in which suicide mode would not be executed after finishing hard mode.
    PRE-LOAD VERSION 3 NOW from Dropbox! 27Mb compressed, 54MB uncompressed. (Preload 8 minutes from now, I am still uploading)
    You can rate it on gamebanana soon.

The intention with this update is to nerf the first and second hold outs so players have more chances getting to the final tram, where the real battle should be held. So the final tram didn't get any big changes expect for some crate re-sizing.

I am eager to try it out with you today! And with this version out of the way, now I will modify the final hold out for surf facility as described in this thread. So ship in your ideas and comments.

Thanks again for all your support!
    • Like Like x 2
      Motanum, Jun 1, 2012 Last edited by Motanum, Jun 1, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Sweet man, put it in map suggestions for Retslag to check out.
    • Jan 9, 2012

Also, preload is now available!
    • Dec 6, 2011
      By the way, ever consider making Aperture Science a pF friendly map? I'm not sure what's wrong with it (I like it how it is), but Retslag won't add it for a specific reason.
    • Jan 9, 2012
      Tell me what is wrong with it and I could modified it if it won't take too much time. I am close to releaseing a l4d2 campaign, so time can get a bit short. And then we have ze being very addictive :razz:
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Apr 20, 2011
        I think because players be lost and its very easy map to win you just need to find the way
      • Jan 9, 2012
        I honestly dont think is easy to get lost, IMO. The latest version is _OB. You tried that one right?
      • May 15, 2011
        It was removed due to crashes. Link 1 & Link 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 9, 2012

Also.
          V3_1 Now ready to preload (In a few minutes while it loads)
          https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13788872/Motanum/ze_infected_tramway_v3_1.rar

It fixes the crash after the octagon by reducing the amount of entities in the map.

I also added game_score for different diffculties.
          Easy awards 10 Points
          Normal awards 25 Points
          Hard awards 50 Points
          Suicide awards 100 Points

I am not sure if I will be available to test it today as I have some other plans. Please let me know how it went.
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Feb 14, 2012
            Thanks for all the time you've invested in building this map it's fun.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 1, 2012
              we tested 3_1 earlier but the server crashed after the 1st round when someone grabbed the unlimited ammo p90.
              the crash occured after 1st round ended,so yeah.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jan 9, 2012
                Can you tell me if it was a gun in specific?
              • May 15, 2011
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Jan 9, 2012
                  There are 4 unlimited ammo p90 in the map
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Mar 20, 2012
                    mhh it wasnt really the moment when somebody grabbed it...it was first round ( and a fail like usual 1st rounds) dopescope picked up the p90 and he was still in the vent and shooting zombies with this p90 and he managed to stay alive as the only ct .....i think the time he teleported was the time the server crashed...
                  • May 14, 2011
                    Hopefully this new pluggin fix by kyle will prevent all crashes.
                  • Apr 1, 2012
                    this, sorry if I wasn't being clear. I don't know if everyone got teleported, because if they do, the server crashed right at that point and it's pretty hard to tell because I was a spectator
                  • Jan 9, 2012
                    ze_infected_facility_v3_2
                    I have changed the way the unlimited ammo gun works, and reduced some entities in their working, so hopefully it won't crash now. If this fails, I think I have no option but to get rid of the unlimited ammo and add materia type of secret to help cts in the map.

I also fixed a possible case where not all players standing in the helicopter would get points when they win.

Also added teleports to stop humans that obtained unlimited ammo weapons in the vents to camp there. This should counter future griefing.

Map is still uploading, give it 15 to 10 minutes. I will come back here and edit my post when it is fully functional
                    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13788872/Motanum/ze_infected_tramway_v3_2.rar

I will try to be online in about 3 hours, I have some errands to attend.
                    I promise to work on surf soon!
                  • Jan 9, 2012

Anyways, infected tramway v3_3!
                    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13788872/ze_infected_tramway_v3_3.rar (Try in a few minutes)

I changed the unlimited ammo, so now only the first picker of the gun can have unlimited ammo. If he drops it and another person grabs it, it wont give him ammo. Do note that, now it gives ammo to one person. So 4 weapons mean 4 people with unlimited ammo. This should increase difficulty, add tacticts and stop the map from crashing as it wont create so many entities anymore.

I also fixed the gltich where you could get the p90s without going through the vents. And a glitch where some people would go to the bottom of the cliff without dying.
                  • Feb 9, 2012
                    Are you telling me i can't get the unlimited ammo gun first anymore =(?