Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_legoland_crackheads + Griefing/glitching special powers in maps

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Arden, Aug 3, 2012

1. May 6, 2012
    People use the special block power to create a barricade, near the end of the map, on the spawn point for zombies.
    -Zombies all spawn inside the barricade.
    -Zombies can't destroy the barricade (they are all stack one over the other and are slashing each other)
    So the barricade is used not for it intended use, but for zombies to spawn inside.

I keep saying it a map exploit, yet people keep using it claiming that on plaguefest it allowed?
    Do you really allow exploit where all zombies can't move, progress, do anything?
    Where human don't have to defend, they can just walk to the end?

I don't want to start giving name, as even some admin claim it allowed on plaguefest.
    I would wish for it to not be allowed and if it not allowed, for people to start abusing of this exploit.

Waiting for your reply.

------------------
    Here found a clip of the exploit:
    youtube.com/watch?v=pMTdf2k6dZQ#t=1m3s
    Arden, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by Arden, Aug 3, 2012
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Moved to Zombie Escape. I'm unfamiliar with this glitch/map, the ZE regulars/admins will have to chime in.
  3. May 6, 2012
    youtube.com/watch?v=pMTdf2k6dZQ#t=1m3s

The exploit part is this part here:
    youtube.com/watch?v=i02js5k0LbQ#t=5m10s
    youtube.com/watch?v=i02js5k0LbQ#t=7m46s

Human spawn, after that, zombie spawn.
    The human put a barricade on spawn point, blocking zombies from being able to play the last part of the map.
    This clip show that it possible to win without the exploit, and it on plaguefest.

I really wish that the exploit become 'griefing' and people exploiting can be banned.

thank
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    the top of the barricade at the boss fight was supposed to be clipped for everyone and zombies are supposed to only crawl through the crouch spot at the bottom of the barricade.

due to the anti edging pushes on the map, it's nigh impossible for humans to stay at the top without getting too close to the zombies. (they get pushed back inside the boss fighting area if they step)

and I think the mapmaker already abandoned this map....
    iProbie, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by iProbie, Aug 3, 2012
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    Its only a 100% win if all humans dont shoot the cades which is almost all the times not the case.
    This method of blocking the spawn is used on paranoid, minas tirith as well and nobody ever complained about that because it was just a smart use of using the cade/weapon whatever...

in the case of legoland its the map failure that there are no teleports after this one so if humans get pass this point and dont shoot the cades they won for 100%-sure,
    i still think it shouldnt be considerd griefing because this method still fails so often(...i see zombies - i shoot zombies....) and if it really becomes a griefing issue then only on legoland plz ...on the other maps are different ways to escape this situation

and btw i never saw the boss or the left way win without a good or that kind of cade.
    The map is so zombiesided at the end,u would never beat the boss if u have to shoot zombies aswell...so again would be better if it wouldnt be necessary in the first place but idk if an update ever comes out from patrao
  6. May 6, 2012
    -If it allowed, then I would be greifing for destroying the barricade.
    -If it not allowed, then those putting the barricade there would be greifing.
    -Status Quo: meaning players do what they want and nobody would be banned no matter what they do.

I just want it to be confirmed.
    As I said before, I heard admin claim it allowed to put barricade.
    But it doesn't sound like it should be allowed.
    Map goes from hard to too easy...

Jumping up the wall and keeping zombie away is easy.
    Going left side and holding there is easy.
    Holding up the middle platform is easy.
    Holding on top isn't hard either...
    You can't become a zombie in the dark room...
    Map exploit that prevent zombies to attack human any further...

Well it plaguefest, people still manage to fail, anyway...
    Also people win in average 0 round on this map unless they exploit or everyone good.

-------------------

I will adopt the 'Status Quo' meaning you can't be banned either way...
    and if everyone sux, then I will make sure to put a barricade there.
    If I feel that we have a super strong team and someone put a barricade, I will destroy it.

If you have any objection, please let me know.
    I don't want to be banned for something as trivial as that, and obviously if an admin online say's something, it overrules everything ^^
    Arden, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by Arden, Aug 3, 2012
  7. Jun 18, 2012
    As far as I know being a regular ZE player it used to be a rule not to cade zombies on Minas during this map. However I'm told that after playing it, it just went back to normal and everyone's allowed to use cades in whichever way they want again. (At least thats what admins have told me and I understood from reading/hearing some discussions about it.) If thats not the case, then there it should definately be made clear somehow.
  8. Jul 16, 2012
    so you can just put barricades down out of nowhere? i wish you could do that on the zm and zmp servers
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    Whoever told you you can do whatever you want with the props is wrong. There are map points where you can trap the zombies for the whole round, it is not only a douce move but it is illegal.

I have discussed this with some LSAs before in a different situation. It is wrong, you are abusing a prop and using it for something that wasn't made for. Zombies are trapped forever with those types of glitches, and even if it isn't for the purpose of griefing it is still an exploit of the map, which is also not allowed.
  10. Apr 1, 2012
    can we have an LSA official confirmation whether glitching zombie teleporters is allowed or not?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 28, 2012
      Its illegal, being that you can't destroy them as zombies, aka griefing, and if humans shoot them, its griefing. AKA... ILLEGAL. Please and thanks!
    • Feb 18, 2011
      You don't need one to confirm it, as it is in the rules.
      Capture
    • May 14, 2012
      i think its just smart use of special weapons
    • Feb 18, 2011
      But it is used in a matter that makes it unfair for the zombies. It is zombie escape for a reason, when you trap them all in one spot then what are you running from? The walls are meant to be broken, they aren't meant for you to be glitched inside of and be incapable of destroying it.
    • Apr 1, 2012
      ok, when minas was back in rotation a couple of months back: I contacted Brian and other LSAs in mumble regarding blocking the teleporter in Stage 1 Osgiliath after the 1st hold (river zone) with a prop/cade.
      they said it was still legal and ok but agreed it was a cheap move.

maybe it's a different case because zombies can ztele out of it in minas, but not in legoland
      • Agree Agree x 1
        iProbie, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by iProbie, Aug 3, 2012
      • May 6, 2012
        Well we can all agree that it a cheap move. But even here, some admin prefer not to take a stand, claim that it allowed while some are against it.
        As for Anathema, I wasn't the one using the exploit, but I did felt it was a lie that we were allowed to use such an exploit.
        Thus the creation of this thread.

So we all agree that it a map bug/exploit?
        Those who believe it not a map exploit feel free to discuss your point of view.
      • Mar 20, 2012
        Why is using a special weapon a map bug or not intended by the creator? special weapons are there to create a disbalance of the fairness btw...
        bird on paranoid was a solo win ego weapon which is totally unfair because one human got ahead of all the zombies, almost impossible to get and hannibal probably didnt intend it that way but it was always a clever use of the weapon and not an exploit ...

Other point-> Imagine its a boss fight on legoland and we dont cade the teleporter this time but the crouch way to the boss... the first thing what zombies would do is to stack up at the baricades and being unable to destroy it for the next minutes because nobody will ever backoff ...

I still think that its not an big issue because it still fails so often, the cades are used before the teleport, special weapon user died before, and humantrolls shoot the cades
        I would probably never use it if its an easy mode and humans have an big adavantage ...but to implement a rule like that is to vague , and if u stick with the common rules many things could! be glitches but ingame they are not ...

If its an exploit i just barricade them around where the teleporter is and not stuck them into them.... whats then? zombies should be still fucked
      • Jun 18, 2012
        I don't want to sound like an ass, but maybe send a message to all admins then, explaining it's illegal in every way. Cause same as Arden I also have played with admins allowing it, and from there on went ''If they allow it then it's ok.'' Apparently it's not (and I know this now) but there are still dozens of people who don't know this.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I don't know if it's allowed or not, but aside from the zombies blocking, the fact that you can stand there without being harmed by any danger at all seems already unallowed to me :-/ This is not a win, this was rather a waste of time :-S
      • Jul 4, 2011
        Minas Tirith and Paranoid are both a completely different story compared to this, on Minas you are meant to use barricades to block the zombies, they CAN break them even if stacked using zombie items or take alternate routes, there's always another way there. This however is exploiting, all you have to do is to tell your teamates not to shoot the barricades and you win the round as the zombies have no way of progressing if they are all stacked inside a barricade stabbing eachother.

tl;dr, It's an exploit.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Like Like x 1