Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_lemony_snicket

Discussion in Completed Maps started by Snake, Jun 20, 2012

Should we add this map?

Yes 9 vote(s) 81.8%
No 2 vote(s) 18.2%
  1. Jun 20, 2012
    I think you should add this map, it would be a great addition to your ze server choices! :smile:
    The map is a bit smaller then others and not as complex but sometimes that is what makes a map!

Thanks,
    Snake

http://gamebanana.com/csszm/maps/166699
  2. Feb 20, 2011
    Does it have anything to do with A Series of Unfortunate Events?
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    Right in the gamebanana description.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Then Ima be his harshest critic, especially since I didn't like the movie, but I love ASoUE and Jim Carrey. Movie was a let down, hope this map isn't one.
    • May 15, 2011
      I don't think judging a map based on the movie is a very fair tactic. That would be like judging something because the movie sucked, so the book must suck to. :\

The map, from the pictures, looks interesting, but the lack of displacements and terrain prettiness makes it look like a bunch of toy houses thrown on a box.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      It looks more like ZM to me and VERY short. I don't mind short but it's pretty close to too short.
      However, it never hurts to give it a try. Give it a chance to see if players like it.

Btw this map heavily uses bumpmapping, often placed on the wrong textures because when light shinses onto it, it looks weird giving the counterproductive effect...
      Anyhow just don't mind that.

As earlier said, displacements would have been much nicer.
      I have no idea about the movie, I didn't even knew one existed with such a name x)
    • Jun 20, 2012
      Please If you would add the map, I recently updated the map so its more detailed and Longer. Thanks for your Concern!
    • May 15, 2011
      If you post appropriately in the Map Suggestion Thread the map will be tested and evaluated for addition onto the server. ^^

Oh good job. Saw your post. ^^
    • Jul 19, 2011
      OMG OMG OMG!! THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SERIES!!! better not be a let down.:arrogant: hahaha jk looks well made. It looks like it was based off the movie. Either way, fantastic work.
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Your logic is not sound. The book was not based of the movie. His map however was, and the movie sucked. I'm not judging his map based on the movie, I'm just saying that the movie sucked so I hope the map doesn't suck. Keyword being "hope."
    • Richard420
      This message by Richard420 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Richard420, Jun 21, 2012, Reason: Derp Accident..
      Jun 21, 2012
    • Apr 12, 2012
      We just tested this map in the ZE server. It was _v1 though.. is that the latest version?

Even if it wasn't the latest version, I really liked it. It required teamwork, had some nice hold points, and looked pretty good. Its a little bit rough still. Issues are mainly that the beginning hold points/choke areas seem just slightly too hard (the first 3 hold/choke points - the bottom of the building when the teams are split, the two windows leading out of the buildings 2nd floor, and the boxes at the end of the water). My video card sucks and I still got great FPS, so I turned up my graphics and it looks pretty good. I like the bright color scheme. Unfortunately, we couldn't win the map, but I think we made it to the last hold a couple times, so if thats the case, then the map IS a bit short. If it was about 2 or 3 hold/choke points longer it would be great. 6.5/10 right now, but could be a good 7 or even 8 with some tweaks/additions.
    • May 31, 2012
      You weren't even near the end. Just sayin'.
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Oh good. I thought I heard/saw someone say that was the last hold, guess not. Well in that case I'll reserve judgement on it, but it looks really promising.

How many 'timed' hold points are there Envi? We made it to the 3rd I think, possibly it was the 4th... it was the one with the broken bridge, after the small room with two windows and the hole in the floor.
    • May 31, 2012
      There are 3 more I think, one of them is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long...