Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_LOTR_Minas_Tirath_v3_3 Question

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by ☣™ Fire Dragon ™☣ =pF=, Feb 18, 2013

1. Mar 26, 2012
    someone prob. already asked this but why isn't minas in the nomination list? im just asking this because on STEAMGAMERS it's in there nomination list and can be played any time nominated.
  2. Jun 18, 2012
    I think cause it glitches the physics (which are all the rocks going through floors etc.). The only way to fix it is to restart the server which obviously no one wants to do EVER single time the map is played. I think this is what the reason was.
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    it doesnt break for STEAMGAMERS tho. thats what im wondering about
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    I was just there playing it with him too. Map never bugs on SG. Maybe it's due to the amount of players on pf. Otherwise, Minas hates pf.
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    It breaks on all servers, sooner or later. When Plaguefest plays the map the server is almost always full (63 players). Steamgamers on the other hand is capped at 40 and isn't always full. More people = higher chance of physics glitching.
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    SG always fail in Minas, even with the best efforts by the joke of the so-called "Minas Elites" of SG. . .they never advance far enough to reach the stages where physics are most prone to breaking, heh.

With that said, Minas never glitches on servers with less than 40 players or so.

Servers with 60+ players that have played Minas (pf, hellz, gfl, sonaki, etc) all experienced broken physics resulting from the map.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 27, 2012
      I mainly play on a 34 player server, which on 3_3, the physics bugged ~5/6 times.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Same here. That's why I always meet you on ze :razz:
      Edit:so it is really depending on the player slots. How come the map never got bugged from the past Mina's events?
    • Feb 21, 2007
      As others have said, it can break physics, which would require a server restart, as the broken physics would carry over to all maps until a restart.

Because a member of "management" has to be available incase of physics breaks, a few of us try to do at least weekly minas events for everyone. This would be better than the alternative, which is no minas at all.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        You could edit the map and include a dirty little command that would restart the server when the map time runs out. This way, people can enjoy the map and you can have an unattended server restart. Although, I personally don't want maps to have any dirty little commands in them. :struggle:
      • Feb 21, 2007
        that and......people would play minas....server would restart....ppl would vote minas.....minas gets played....server restarts....ppl vote minas....minas gets played....server restarts....
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          That's why you're a surgeon and I'm not. You think outside the box. :razzdrunk:
        • Mar 20, 2012
          If its fixed, let an lvl3+ nominate it, but leave it out of rotation/nominationlist. Announce times in forum when its allowed to nominate it as a lvl3. Maybe everey 3 days. If the testphase fails(admins nominating 2 often, fix not working) u can always get back to previous situation.

But how would that fix work @sajak? server or mapfix?

If we would have minas I would probably buy donator or something again^^
          -L-, Feb 19, 2013 Last edited by -L-, Feb 19, 2013
        • Jul 20, 2010
          It's not fixed and what sajak was saying is place an auto restart command on the map for the server. So going into the map and adding that as something the map does, kinda of how paper escaper has 3 extends. Which would never fly on pF we don't want maps that can over-ride our shit.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 20, 2012
            I didnt say it was fixed. You dont want maps that can override things but ze_paper never changed anyway. And in this case it would be good and not bad if there would be such a command for minas, because its not the mapcreator changing your system, it would be the mangament or community wish...its nothing bad

edit: if u dont want lvl3 or lsa to be able to indireclty restart the server it would still be easier for managment guys probably, they would just have to nominate it until the vote and they can leave if they want to, so they dont need to be on the servers for 2 hours
            -L-, Feb 19, 2013 Last edited by -L-, Feb 19, 2013
          • Apr 9, 2012
            Speaking of paper, didn't play that map in months no kidding
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 1, 2010
              If it's not on rotation it can't be nominated (by anyone) and I don't know that this can be changed.

The answer is the same as the last thread.. this will continue to be a root event. The server restart idea has come up before as well and the answer is pretty much the same to that one, not going to happen.
            • Nov 11, 2011
            • Mar 20, 2012
              ye but its something different if a root joins the server and changes the map to minas and leaves(5minutes maybe) or to wait till a root has time for a full minas session

Isnt that the problem? (the freetime-problem)

Last time I played minas on pf is now again several months ago, its just sad.^^
              So u telling me all the lvl3 admins who are saying that they could initiate a vote /changemap it, but they arent allowed to, are fooling me?^^

I know that the last part(lvl3admins changing map with autorestart) is pretty much the same as in the previous thread, but lets talk more about the first part(roots changing map with auto-restart)..Is this really so much trouble or would it simply not worth it?
            • Jun 11, 2012
              We've been playing minas more and more recently due to haplo and retslag interchanging I guess. I could have swore that there was daily minas last week up until sunday (or including sunday).