Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_LOTR_Minas_Tirith

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Hydreigon, Apr 11, 2015

Should we remove minas from normal rotation?

Yes 8 vote(s) 57.1%
No 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. Apr 28, 2013
    Now that the Harry Potter event ended and we managed to get a good population to tryhard I want to ask a question about a different event map, ze_LOTR_Minas_Tirith. The map ever since it reached normal rotation wasn't tryharded as much. Because anyone can nom it, it gives less of an opportunity for minas tryhards to join. The map itself isn't as good now that it can be played any time.

Like ze_harry_potter, this map is long and hard too that it would have to take admin extends to beat the map. Both maps have a level system but minas's level system isn't as easily accessible (you can't pick up items if you don't have a level). The map has been on admin nominate for quite a while and has had a charm but now its charm is lost now that its in normal rotation.

So can we please remove minas from rotation and save it for events?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Good idea, most of the time this map is also a killer for the population when the server is already low, same goes for fap escape
    • Dec 27, 2013
    • Apr 28, 2013

The previous text has been crossed out for the sake of the user
      Hydreigon, Apr 12, 2015 Last edited by Hydreigon, Apr 12, 2015
    • Oct 25, 2013
      I personally like the map and I like the fact that I have the access to the map all the time.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • May 25, 2012
        The map was on rotation once before quite awhile back ago and I recall it was played normally, 'working' despite physics blowing up. It was removed for that reason only. If physics or the map itself are not crashing there's really no reason to give any sort of map a special treatment. People will vote for what they want to play and will more likely leave for what they don't want to play. There was never any 'admin nomination' either.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Apr 11, 2012
          People will vote for minas because its minas, but usually we end up getting stuck on a level which leads to most of the server population ragequitting.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Your reason for fixing the physics was to put minas in normal rotation and the fix worked. In my opinion, I think the fix was basically a test to see if minas is meant to be in normal rotation or not. Here is what happened ever since you fixed minas:

I suggested to GFL to put minas on normal rotation now that the map was fixed and the high admins did it. A week after, GFL had some complaints from ze regulars on how minas "lost its feel" with the map not only being overplayed but having more fail rounds during that time. This was because minas was nominated by regulars that don't know the map well or people that want to play it badly therefore, most "minas***s (for short)" won't even know that minas is up and either join late or won't join at all. The high admins then listed and removed minas from normal rotation. The same thing happened to i3d too although we do use your version so we don't have to deal with glitched physics and restarting the server.

Plaguefest on the other hand suffered the same thing. Nobody knew when minas was coming so there would be more fail rounds. What made things worse for pF for the time being was antistack which made the map virtually unplayable (but now that antistack is removed from minas, it's playable again :grin:). The only way we could actually reach a high stage on minas was to set up for an event.

@Dakotec also told me in a chat that pF MIGHT be the only server meant for minas in normal rotation but we may never ever know. The true answer to if minas is meant for normal rotation will come when pF gets a good population again (which will require a lot of help).

EDIT: Oh, and the "admin nominate" I got from GFL because any admin can nominate a map not in normal rotation. Here, I believe only roots can nominate maps not in normal rotation but you get what I mean.
          • May 25, 2012
            You don't remove or restrict maps just because of baseless player complaints without any decent argument going on. That's absurd. Pretty sure many people (new people) felt worse over a map like ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_5_3 for the longest time but we avoided listening to them. If you want to go that route anyway.
            Syoudous, Apr 12, 2015 Last edited by Syoudous, Apr 12, 2015
          • Feb 1, 2011

[IMG]
            • Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012