Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_LOTR_Minas_Tirith_v3_3

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Haplo, Jun 14, 2013

1. Apr 4, 2009
    We have ran into an issue lately about playing Minas on ZE. It started with the collision hook that we are using to prevent humans from stacking. This also comes with the side effect of zombies being able to stack into one spot without blocking their knife attacks, this allowed zombies to instantly break cades and doors on Minas making it nearly impossible to enjoy the map.

We have decided to stop playing Minas during high population times since the above issue may of caused players to quit out of frustration. We are going to be trying to play it during low pop times to get the server full and test disabling the hook, unfortunately we are not sure how the server will react when it is manually disabled. The first test was today and it seemed to work without any issues. Hopefully this trend continues and we will be able to play it more often.

Thanks.
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
      Haplo, Jun 14, 2013 Last edited by Brian, Jun 14, 2013
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I am now thankful that Predator cleared out the server. Had a lot of fun playing Minas. Thanks!
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Low population times are the best times for me to get on :grin: thanks for the info!
      • Jun 13, 2013
        I think we need to get rid of the old boring maps that makes people want to leave and put new maps that people would like to stay for.
      • Apr 4, 2009
        Can you expand on this? Does the ZE server rotation need to be cleaned like ZM was?
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Mar 12, 2008
          (Sarcasm) Only 5 maps get played on ZE. I doubt it needs to be cleaned. ZM was where all the trouble was and now it's like a breath of fresh air.
        • Jun 13, 2013
          Yea I think it needs to be cleaned, like take out the old maps people wouldn't like to play or join cause that would usually make everyone leave from what I know of. Put maps that people would enjoy and wont want to leave or want to keep extending. I don't know what good new maps are there atm for ze but if anyone know of any I hope they let us know about it so our sever can have that map of part of the rotation.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 12, 2012
            If people don't like some maps, there's a simple solution: don't nominate them and don't vote for them. Personally I don't see any sense in removing maps. But if these maps are being played then some people actually vote for them and want to play them. If these maps are being picked by 1-spam, then this is people's problem.
            Also sometimes it's interesting to play some old map, to remember great old times...
            Just saying my opinion.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Feb 23, 2013
              I suppose its for the best tbh, even though it is fun with a big population, but dropping when its played to lower population to resolve the issues is good.
            • Apr 1, 2012
              personally maybe it's time for PF to step up the game

relying on zombies being delayed for too long because of stacking on cades is kinda anti-climactic.

I'd be happy if PF managed to beat LOTR without the help of zombies being held off for too long just by cades.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 4, 2009
                Played minas today and everything went good with the collision hook.
                • Like Like x 1
                • May 12, 2007
                  But the maps that get played are maps that we nominate and vote on, the server has well over 30 maps to choose from, I think that if we see better maps come out and we have no room then yes remove the least played, but dont remove them for the sake of removing old maps.