Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_magmadrake_tower

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Luffaren, Mar 16, 2016

1. Feb 24, 2011
    I'm currently working on a new map for CS:GO ze. It'll be a runner-up to ze_frostdrake_tower, being the complete opposite environment-wise.

Frostdrake got rushed within 17-19 days due to a contest, but this is a project which i want to spend some more time, love and effort into. So things will hopefully turn out better this time.
    I'd like to have the entire map being played in one, long stage. While being really difficult at that.

After some testing it seems that the tower itself will be almost 3 times as tall as the tower in frostdrake. On top of that there'll also be more areas down below, before entering the main thing.

This is a rough scale-test just to get a feel of the general height of the tower:
    magmaheightreference

I want to have bosses, npc's and items in the map, while trying to stick to the theme to some degree.
    As of now i intend the map to be really, really difficult and really, really long. Making it a huge challenge to beat for the people out there.

magmaaa

"I want people to cry because it's so hard"
    :callme:
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I just compared the size between the planned tower for magmadrake and the tower from frostdrake. I kinda get the feeling that i'll hit some limit before i manage to finish it all.
      I'll be using loads of self-made static props in an attempt to keep the limit(s) at bay, but who knows what might happen. I'll start by aiming for the stars, and we'll see how many things i need to nerf/scale down towards the end.

magma_frost_size
    • Aug 7, 2012
    • Sep 7, 2010
      Looks great... why has your avatar become exponentially distressed?
    • Oct 25, 2013
      Looks good and looks like you want the map to take years to be beaten :razz: