Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Jenos, Mar 30, 2011

1. Mar 25, 2011
    Back into mapping and hoping to bring something fresh to ZE, starting a new project inspired by the book Timeline by Michael Chrichton. Pics:
    (read description of pics if you want to know more about what it is.

Videos coming soon.

Spawn: 100%-done

Castelgard: 100%- done.

Secondary Path: SCRAPPED due to vertex limit causing my compile to fail. not to mention i still need a lot of vertxii for 3d skybox and final holdoff.

Primary path 100%- Nearly done

Internal Zombie Escape shit: 100%- events, escape, etc.

Underground path Scrapped- Underground is no longer going to be included

Dordogne River 100%- yup.

Monastery 100%- underground scrapped unfortunately

Mill 100%- done

La Roque(castle/final hold off) 100%- basic structure built, ready for SP testing.

3d skybox 100%- coming up next
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Mill is about a fourth done now, Castelgard needs a little touching up, but other than that it should be good

Some areas of the map may need to be moved, i feel like the mill is too close to Castelgard, tell me if it is.

(MINI-SURVIVALS will be at the mill, the monastery, and the woods finale. La roque is simply going to be a run-through.)
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    Good Luck :thumbsup:
  4. Mar 1, 2011
    The architecture is really blocky, lacking in detail.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    I agree with your first comment, it is, but that's part of the touching up period.

I don't know what you're saying isn't detailed, if it's the castle, there's still some stuff to add, if its the area outside the castle, i was planning to add trees.

I'll also be slicing up those plains so that the geometry isn't so blocky if you know what i mean.
  6. Feb 20, 2011
    Have you thought about hiding the map barriers with mountains etc? When I see this huge square map, with a vast emptiness, I fee like you either didn't know what to do with it, or couldn't be bothered to do anything with it.

Perhaps add hills and canyons, and multiple routes for the humans to reach the castle through the canyons etc?
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    It's on the priority list at low, 3d skybox.
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    Mill plan: So after some thinking, and studying of other maps, i have discovered a few new tricks, and intend to use them in my map.

When you get to the mill (Bridge) you will have to go up onto the towers and pull a lever to close the large wooden doors.

When they are fully closed console will say something along the line of get on the wall and defend. Why? because zombies will be using ropes (Which will appear after the door is closed for ten seconds) to get on the tower. i would use ladders but then i would be accused of stealing :smile:.

After defending for such an amount of time, the door at the other end of the mill will open, from there you will go to the monastery.
  9. Mar 25, 2011

The music is part of the map.
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    New video!

11. Mar 13, 2010
    Hmm... so far I'm personally liking it. Let us know when it's done or when you have new videos. If you get something basic, but working up, we can throw it on the test server and give it a whirl.
  12. Mar 25, 2011

Finally moving on to La roque, the second to last stage of building the escape part of the map!

Nevermind! fuck hammer.
  13. Mar 25, 2011
    Pole added, please vote.
  14. Feb 15, 2011
    Well done so far. IMO the map is a bit too big but the rest looks good!

Keep up the good work :tongue:
  15. Mar 13, 2010
    I like big escape maps. They're fun. When it's super short you're just running through the same areas again and again to soon. It gets boring quick. Maybe consider making it less linear though. ie: making multiple ways to get to multiple points on the map/ending. Just my opinion...
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    on this map its hard to do that w/o it being secret. theres really no obvious way to make it noticed, and i think on this map its going to be hard enough for the zombies (Which i will be constantly trying to fix once testing begins)
  17. Mar 25, 2011
    Comin towards the end of the map! hopefully ready for testing by this weekend.
  18. Feb 12, 2011
    Good job :smile:
    Can't wait to try it.
  19. Mar 25, 2011
    Currently working on secondary path, which goes almost completely underground, and will meets up at the monastery.

Having issues with light_environment, hopefully will be fixed in next compile. once the ending is finished I'll start prepping for a 3d skybox, once done the map should be ready to test.
  20. Mar 25, 2011
    Okay I've run into a big problem compiling my map, and basically its this:

BuildVisLeafs: 0...1...2...3...4...

Buildvisleafs never finishes, which gives my map the effect of NOT having ANY light_environment. I made a bunch of things func_detail before this happened, but none were big. Just... OH GOD IT MUST BE.....

P.S. maps name is being changed to ZE_Timeline.

EDIT: This still hasn't been resolved, and mapping has come to a standstill unfortunately. My next step is to find all the smaller bugs in my map that could be causing the error.

EDIT 2: map may not be ready by this weekend due to multiple unknown compile errors... this is really going to give me a headache.