Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by thegregster101, Jun 12, 2011

1. Feb 14, 2011
    hi im the creator of "ze_minecraft_v1_1" and i wondered what this is "ze_minecraft_v1_nm_pf"

an edit version?
    a renamed .bsp file?`
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    nm stands for NO MUSIC

Much better without the terrible depressing song imo.

pf stands for plaguefest
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    He's asking though whether it is an edited map or just a .bsp file rename.

I think it's an edited map.. Which if it is should not be on the server since it was edited without your permission
  4. Apr 13, 2011
    As far as I can tell, nothing was edited in the map except the music was removed.
    It was seriously annoying.

As long as you're here maybe I can make a suggestion for this map if you make a newer official version (without the music)
    The person who goes to get the stick for the diamond sword almost always gets fucked by the zombies and his teammates can take the sword anyway.
    Perhaps you can find a way to make sure the person who gets the stick doesn't get screwed?
  5. Mar 19, 2011
    Seems to me the skins we're somewhat redone and the music was removed.. but still editing the map in ANY way is considered illegal even if it be the smallest changes.

A teleporter for the stick would probably be the best solution.
  6. Oct 10, 2010

it isnt illegal edit any map,
    even its a valve map.
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    It's not "ilegal" but it's very ugly indeed to do so without asking permission, specially when the mapper is still active (and TheGregster101 is very active and still making new maps).
    Also, it's retarded to have to download a new version of the map when joining a server because they didn't like the music or because the felt X hold needed an extra crate; or because they felt like "improving" the looks or adding fog...

Also, main problem here is Source not allowing to include "Music Sounds" while mapping that are controlled with the "Music Volume" that it's within the game...
    That could solve many problems; not only you could stop listening to the music if you don't like it, but you could increase/decrease their volume at will... Hannibal and Luffaren have hard times trying to get the "perfect" volume, and people still think it's too loud or too weak...

Anyway, next time you should try to contact the mapper first imo.
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    i respect mappers, but most not even reachable ...

if they got name/credits in, i keep them there
  9. Feb 14, 2011
    if ONLY the music has been removed then thats not too bad. however making players download a whole new map just so certain peoples ears dont hurt seems kinda selfish. i do understand this music would seem annoying to those who have not played minecraft (i have had many ideas from many different players on how to make it better and changing the music has come up i admit however not a big enough number to bother changing anything)
    Has the music been disabled within hammer or removed from pakfile? as players could be downloading the extra MB's when it is not necessary.
    Also once again the whole clantag/community name comes into it (pf/i3d_fix/d_fix) i have so many version of the same map (titanic & atix are good examples)
    like i said at the start, has anything else been changed within the map apart from "no music"?
  10. Feb 14, 2011
    if the player gets the stick by jumping off the boat then there is a boost at the side of the hut that the player can use to catch up with the boat. (holding space to skim the water) however on online servers you dont skim as well so i admit that it can be harder on your server. also only around 1 person can use the boost as well. (the first person) also them getting "fucked" is their choice. you dont have to get the stick, a zombie may get it for you :wink:
  11. May 15, 2011
    pF is simply a mark added to any maps we put on the pF servers to state it is an edited version of the map to fit pF map regulations.

Usually this is implemented when removing illegal spots from maps. To remove music seems a bit odd though?

Anyways, yes maps can be edited. I've edited tons of maps now because of the abundance of illegal spots. It doesn't mean I claim them as my own or even advertise the fact that I did it.

Yes, it can be annoying when someone edits your map without telling you (Or not even doing a good edit!) but we try to make sure the edits are purely to make the maps playable on the pF servers.

Ze... Then it must be the music since ze don't have illegal spots and their wouldn't be anything to edit really. Who would do that?
  12. Mar 16, 2008
    Only the music has been removed. No graphics have been changed or gameplay elsewhere altered. I welcome mappers to join us but I've sent hundreds of unresponded to messages on FPSB w/o replies from mappers in joining PlagueFest since we have a rather large maplist with all the servers combined. I don't support stealing of maps but I fully support editing to improve gameplay such as illegal spots(Unlimited Ammo) or an annoying sound.
  13. Apr 13, 2011
    9 times out of 10 When I take the boost the zombies beat me to the pier and I die.
    Not to mention that my asshole teammates craft the sword and take it before I can even get to the booster.

Perhaps you can make the stick take you to a separate room with a crafting table which joins back up with the main path?
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    Inb4 half of the team going to the stick.
  15. Oct 10, 2010
    oh, to clear something, it was NOT me who edited this ze map,
    i just edited a ton of other maps.

so who did the job?
  16. Jun 11, 2011
    Greg I removed the music with a program called pakrat. Alot of people were complaining about it so I decided to just make a little tweak. Sorry for doing it without permission but I didnt change anything else. I PROMISE!