Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_minecraft_world [WIP]

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by eNnerGy.., Feb 10, 2013

1. Feb 10, 2013
    First hi to all,[T_T] on gamebanana has just invited me to form part of this awesome community, and now let me show you my map.

The map main objective will be killing the enderdragon, and return safe to home. For that, players will have to go throught a "secret mine", which is under the church of the city, then throught a small stronghold, and finally fighting in the end. I made some playable characters that can be picked up in the spawn shop if you have the required xp (I have implemented that but not decided about the level required for each object or the maximum amount of objects of one type). Some of this playable roles are the famous mobs for zombies, like spiders, skeletons, silverfish, blazes... And objects like armor, swords, flint and steel, pigs... for humans.
    The map uses my texture pack, and some models of this pack http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=126813 by "Dj Lukis.LT"
    Now, the screenshots. Some of them are a bit old, and a bit means probably months haha, so I have ordered them from newest to oldest.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
    • Artistic Artistic x 2
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Wow, that looks awesome! Beautiful map - can't wait to play it.
    • Apr 1, 2012
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • Feb 11, 2012
        This looks badass! Keep up the good work!
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Awesome can't wait till it tested. There is a sudden rise of minecraft based ZE but new map makes me giddy
      • Oct 4, 2012
      • Feb 10, 2013
        I have been working on it since march last year, but I stopped on summer, and on Christmas I started again with it. Also I forget to say that I have planned to add a zm mode for this map in the city.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I think you accidentally posted some of the same pics twice or three times, but anyways, this looks great!

That makes 2 potential Minecraft maps now.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Looks very impressive, can't really say anything else :dance:

Good luck!
      • Feb 24, 2011
        I remember Kaemon showing me a few of those pictures a longer while ago.

[IMG]

I want to see where this ends up, keep it up!
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Map looks promising looking forward!
      • Aug 10, 2012
        This map looks so good, I actually thought you built those in Minecraft :cute:
      • Oct 22, 2012
        I personally dont like minecraft and the current mindcraft map is not too hot. Yours, however, looks very intriguing. I really like it. Looking forward to playing it.
      • Feb 10, 2013
        I have tried to get the ambience of minecraft game inside counter strike source, for example torches have a similar configuration that minecraft game ones. I added some color correction for getting the map more realistic, so when you enter in the end the map tones are not the same that in the city. Also, I forget to say that the map will have day and night. On the ze mode I don't really see it a lot of use, but on the zm mode I want players to battle until the sunrise. After that all zombies will burn.
        I'm realising now how much work I have to do haha. However, i'm thinking now about the enderdragon, how will the map choose the player who will play as him, maybe just the first zombie to jump into the portal? Or should I made a kind of "mini-challenge" for choosing it?
      • May 30, 2012
        I was going to be like NO... not another minecraft map... but after watching these pictures do i look forward to it, keep up the good works! :wink:
      • Oct 22, 2012
        I think they can be make as 50 maps of minecraft, is a game that has no limits, no a serious skeleton, no a serious story and no a "official" buildings ("The end" the more official only) The other worlds are completely random.

Each mapper can imagine your map, and if the mapping is incredible like this map, will be equally good to that which makes another mapper with other constructions/worlds.

I've been waiting for this map almost 1 year, and the truth that is really epic.

Good luck :silly:
      • Feb 10, 2013
        Wow, I'm really glad with the response of this community to my map, thank you to all :smile:.
        Let me ask you a question, how should I adjust the difficulty of the map?, in other forum they asked me that question, and I answered them that I will ask in the other forums this map is posted, so here it is haha.
        I'd love to make this map intense and epic, so people must cooperate to win, but at least in Spain servers, when I was a ze servers fan, people in the most famous maps (Hannibal and Kaemon maps :razz:) didn't play well, they were thinking only about themselves, and most times zombies won the round, they didn't cooperate... I don't know how people play in other servers like yours, because my shitty internet connection doesn't allow me to do that -.-.
        So tell me what you think please :wink: