Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_mirrors_edge (need ideas)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Detonator, Apr 5, 2012

1. Sep 25, 2010
    As most of you know I'm currently editing mirrors edge to make it more fun. Things I have changed so far:

• Added more spawn points.
    • Added teleports at almost every obstacle(some where impossible to do without protecting from abuse)
    • optimized it a bit.
    • Everybody has no fall damage now.
    • Fixed the music so that people can mute the music if they don't like it. (Creds go to Tony for showing me this.)
    Now what I need to do :
    I want to add two more holding points to increase zombie/human interaction. The two will be linked by team work. The problem is that it opens room for griefing.

What I though about : adding some sort of pressure pads where a number of humans have to stand on so that they unlock a door which will have an object required to pass holding point 2.

Ideas and feedback are very much appreciated.
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    I like the pressure pad idea, but instead of requiring a certain amount of players to stand on something, maybe you could just make it where the more people stand on it the faster the door or whatever opens, similar to the voting in mg_lt_galaxy or glacier
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    How about the billboard surfing areas? Thats where 90% of people failed, causing the nerdrage at the map. If you get this map re-added Det, I will throw you on the floor and make love to you right there.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    I have fixed that so that even players that don't know how to surf get across.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    If I remember correctly another source of rage was the long drop right before you got in the elevator, add a pool of water so non donors/admins don't almost completely die.
  6. Sep 25, 2010
    Already fixed so that everybody has no fall damage.
    People you are missing the point of this thread. I want ideas on how to create two holding points that are linked together by teamwork.
    EDIT :> And increases zombie/human interaction
  7. Mar 20, 2012
    this holding point... sounds like the ending of the stargate escape map mission abydoss ...perhaps is that the idea u imagined...

i would create the holding point on the roof of the "spawn building" and if u want real teamwork without the possibility of griefing ..u need something like this buttons in 30seconds...
    or the 3 buttons in mako , if u press them correctly the way opens faster... or some people have to climb something meanwhile the others have to defend ..like in mount doom, where u have to defend until somebody takes the ring and opens the door
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Actually the idea came to me from a book I was reading a few days ago.

I thought of such solutions however they are a bit mundane and boring tasks. I want something more interactive. I'm thinking of making holding point not an actual holding point, but if the humans want to proceed on holding point 2 they have to hold at holding point 1 while some players go and do stuff.

Thanks for posting keep em ideas coming :smile:
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Why not put an objective? Although I have never seen the map, I do know the game. If you have played the game, you know of the yellow cases that are extra to collect. Why not make the humans grab a few of these cases to complete a point or something? And make it so that there's an obstacle or something in the way of the case, and that the rest of the team has to hold while the case is being collected. I don't know, that's just an idea. :razz:
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 11, 2011
        this seems like a great idea to me:thumbsup:
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I like the wall the the beginning that you need to surf across. Maybe add a few extra little surf spots?
      • Feb 20, 2011
        What about Lord of the Rings style hold points, where someone has to split off and grab a keycard, while the rest hold off at the door waiting. Also make it so only a few Humans can go through like the one in Mount Doom, or the entire team would pile through.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        IMO, instead of nerfing the sign, how about you erect a big bilboard with instructions on how to surf that first sign?
      • Aug 1, 2011
        That's....exactly what I just said....what?
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I'm all for what That Guy mentioned about objectives, but isn't it wrong to totally butcher somebody else's map? I thought we were just touching it up to make it fit our server's needs?