Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ze_OoT_Forest_Temple

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Simplemadness, May 11, 2012

1. May 11, 2012
    Hi everyone, I have spent the last week working a little each day on a new ze map based upon the forest temple from Ocarina of Time. I wanted to create a zelda map since I have not seen one before. Thus far I have outlined the lost woods, and sacred meadow portions. I want to have the player proceed through the map as follows.

Lost Woods -> Sacred Meadow -> Forest Temple

I am thinking about making the temple linear as I think most people will be lost or the game play would be like the resident evil police station map where people don't know where to go. Other ideas include magic items such as Din's fire, and Nayru's Love, multiple difficulties, and possibly phantom Ganon boss fight. Let me know what you think.

**UPDATE** 7/5

Sorry for not posting new pictures. I have been quite busy with other things.

redesigned Sacred Meadow
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
      Simplemadness, May 11, 2012 Last edited by Simplemadness, Jul 4, 2012
    • Mar 9, 2012
      That's a pretty creative idea. I do agree linear is probably the best way to go. Interested to see how this develops. Also fascinated to see you say more words in that one post than I've seen from you on zm since I've been playing at PF. :clap:
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Looks pretty interesting so far. About wanting part of the map to be linear instead of like rpd - I'd personally like another map that had the rpd style in it :smile:
    • Feb 14, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Oooo simple madness mapping. Good job on it so far.
      • Nov 28, 2010
        Im so sorry to inform you but your a bit late. we are already makeing one
        http://plaguefest.com/threads/ze_zelda_oot.7885/
        We not doing forest temple

Map cotains Custom Modles/texture and animations we are doing all of thse ourself
        we have a few already riged

if you wanna talk to me add me
        http://steamcommunity.com/id/redee

sorry again but
        here is gm_lostwoods it contains Lost Woods -> Sacred Meadow
        http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=113827

you can watch two guy having fun on it
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tD2uv5v4ZQ

our Studio is currently working on our again now ze_zelda_oot
        Our story is Link is in the furture, you the humans must assit link in the furtue, so to ghet there you must defeat the three dugeons cotaining the GEMS you must fight each boss. Deku tree/Fire Temple and Water temple, then after that travle to Hydrule Market and enter Temple of TIme. to go 7yr in time. then go to Gannon tower and deafeat Gannon
        redeye, May 12, 2012 Last edited by redeye, May 12, 2012
      • May 11, 2012
        I meant to say I had not seen a ze zelda map. I know there is a zm_Kakariko village map. I do like your map and think it will be a great ze zelda map when finished. Since you said you are not including the Forest Temple in your map I hope mine will contribute in that regard, however it is still very much a work in progress. I would like to deviate from the overall layout of the Forest Temple and make it something unique while still maintaining the feel of the original game.
      • Feb 20, 2011
        Exellent, looks very promising. I eagerly await it's completion, if you need someone to help test it out and maybe suggest things, I will be here.

[IMG]
      • Feb 24, 2011
        I approve of this, as OoT is one of my most favorite games of all time.
        I'd strongly suggest using some custom soundscapes for each area with the original sounds. You can also use env_embers for a fitting particle effect, with some green/white glow to it.
        Some white fog would also fit pretty nicely, since i recall seeing that when playing the game. I'd also suggest trying different textures, maybe even original ones. Mix around with it, give it some time and love.

Of course these are just my opinions/recommendations on this, don't feel forced to do any of these things at all. Just handing it out there.
        Good luck!
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
        • Feb 20, 2011
          For each of the above things that you don't do, Luffaren eats a kitten.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • May 14, 2011
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Jan 2, 2012
              Looks very promising! Other than zelda, I think I remember playing a map like this somewhere else, on a different game though, minecraft I think.
              Any possible/rough ETA?
            • Nov 28, 2010
              yeh i agree be like a teaser for upcoming maps.
              To break the ice
              here is gm_lostwoods materials since i notice your pics had some default textures. remeber if you want custom stuff models Just add me ill make em for you, example an enemy or item
              http://www.2shared.com/file/iXRzXxj8/content.html

you know you want this guy
              [IMG]
            • Jul 19, 2011
              with all the decompling of every single secret in EVERY SINGLE map... i can't say that im surprised that you took on mapping.
            • Jul 1, 2010
              OOT was awesome.. can't wait to see how this turns out!
            • May 11, 2012
              I will edit and update my first post with new information and pictures each week. I hope to have the majority of the map done before CS:GO comes out.
            • Apr 29, 2011
              How faithful to the source material (As in, the twisted-ness of the Forest Temple) would this map be?
            • Jan 28, 2012
              I thought of this before, not the forest temple specifically, but having a series of zelda maps based off of the temples. I suggest making a link model that replaces the player model. That would be friggin sweet.
            • May 11, 2012
              I will try my best to keep the atmosphere of the temple present, however some changes will need to be made in order to account for game play.