Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZE_PAPER_ESCAPER_FINAL: SUGGESTION THREAD

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by enviolinador, Jul 4, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2012
    As some of you might know, I have started to work on the hopefully last (and hopefully good) version of my map, ze_paper_escaper. I already have added the basic layout of my new level (might post a few screenshots in some time) and added my new Tornado Generator (I'm not gonna release new Blackmesa remix with Cisneros -and I have finished my part-, which also contains it, since I want it to be felt as paper's). It will feature a zombie-controlled boss, filtered weapons, moar/better particles and a few tweaks and fixes aiming to make the old levels slightly more playable (not many things have changed on those since they are more or less balanced imo).

I'd like you, as PlagueFest is one of the servers in which Paper is most normally played, to make as many suggestions as possible. The map is already high on brushes and planes and I would preffer not to use Propper on it to try to meet the limitations of the engine. There's still a semi-broad amount of entities to be used, so maybe some systems could be added if they are interesting. Also, I'd like to know what you think about:

- A health bar made with 4-5 sprites that indicate the boss' HP status.
    - StarFox64 sounds on the bosses for attacks and other dumbderps.
    - Complete change of the lighting. I think the lights are too bright when playing with no HDR or with some determinate HDR settings and I'd like to make it all look the same with only minor differences.

Thanks, Enviolinador.

EDIT: I'll save here the suggestions I find interesting:

- The end has fire, explosions, madness, and other general destruction. (Ghost/tupac)
    - Paper Gods have a cameo? (Ghost)
    - Pen & Rubber (Ghost) Dunno how, though.
    - The End ends with a wormhole taking you to a kid's room. The room is not really lit and we assume we're a product of his imagination during his dreaming. When we leave the paper world, and after spawning on the kid's room, we have to shoot at the zombies that hide in the closet (the kids' nightmares?) and be winrars. (Magic, Dopescope, Tupac)
    - The End has Fire by Arthur Brown as secret music.
    - Zombie heal/Zombie rage/Zombie weapons?

------ Zombie Heal as in Dejavu -> 10k hp to nearby zms
    ------ Zombie Rage as in Dejavu -> Speed for nearby zms, maybe it's a bit too OP on Paper? We could make a test version for this things, tho
    ------ iProbie's Giant Slap Hand -> Slaps nearby zombies and helps them a bit to get the humans. As zombies could troll to help humans, the push will be small and not very intense. Test version, because it could be derp'd too.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      enviolinador, Jul 4, 2012 Last edited by enviolinador, Jul 5, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I just wanted to ask, why the hell did you ever have that picture of the guy putting whipped cream on his dick in the first place? I know it's gone now, but that sir, was very fucked up. O.o
    • May 14, 2011
      First thought but make a pen special item? With this you could draw a temporary wall that would act a bit like earth materia except it would look much neat as it would only be a red line along the floor.

How about fire item where you set the paper around you on fire?

Paper plane instead of boat to add a bit of variation on the ending?

On the last stage have a fiery sky spinning vortex thingy and red lighting and have burning paper balls drop out of the sky?

Get a glimpse of the paper gods?

This is just brain storming. Maybe one of them will be to your liking or maybe you won't like any. I will add more ideas later if I think of anything.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    • May 31, 2012
      A bet. Lots of the shit that I put on paper are/were there because I lost bets.

I thought about the zombie item, but having already the flamethrower -which can be reused on PANIC since I open a similar way to Normal, you'll have to see- I think it'd just be cheap. There's already a paper plane ending on Extreme/Massacre -there are 3 random endings, bunker, plane and balconies-

YES! The end should burn, that's a nice idea. I'll have to see if I can do it with the actual amount of planes, tho; but will try, thanks.

Paper gods... Hmmm... I think that would involve too many brushes so I really can't... I don't really know how paper gods could spawn, too; it would be a good adition, however. Will try.
    • May 14, 2011
      Okay im really bored so I'm gunna list more random ideas.

Boss attack/zombie special item. Teleports 1 zombie into the boss arena. The zombie Teleports has acquired the target name through some special item found previously in the map. If no zombie has taken the special item then the next humans are healed as a punishment to the zombies.

Random nades that burn when thrown (for 10 secs or so) , damages both cts and T's.

Secret song?

For the paper gods just make white smoke spirts and a sheet of paper that has a =) drawn on it. Make it fly out after the sacrifice is made as if the spirits were released from a cage. They could fly at the zombies and blow up when they touch the first one. (track train going down the tunnel with a trigger and an explosion in it when a T touches the trigger).
      ^what I had pictured.

I still like the pen idea for Some reason, please dunno what to do with it though.

How about a rubber that erases you from existence at some point in the map (Teleports, then kills you).

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    • May 5, 2012
      There is already a lot of secrets songs :grin:
      I like the thing with the eraser, maybe it could make you invisible for an amount of time? maybe as a shield or something?

My idea/ideas

When you beat The End and kill the boss, it could all go black? and when it then becomes clear again the humans will be out in some kind of forest? and there is no more paper thing.(they have just escaped the paper world)
      Magic, Jul 4, 2012 Last edited by Magic, Jul 4, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Please don't tell me that it was you in the pictures...
    • May 14, 2011
      L9oooooooooooooooooooooooooiioioiioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool I had to tap every single one of those o's

Sent from my phone.
    • May 31, 2012
      As zombies will already be able to get into the Boss arena on Panic and they will control the boss itself, I kinda believe I'm doing something similar. If no zombies get to the boss/activate it, it will go on 'auto mode'. Buttons must be pressed at least each 10 seconds or automode will trigger (to avoid zombies making it easy).

The nades thing might be a bit annoying imo.

There are already like... 7 secret songs?

Paper gods could appear as white smoke spirits, yeah, but if it's the case I doubt they'll do anything as I still have to make all the new boss attacks and that will be entity heavy. Will check and try anyway, but I don't feel like helping humans on The End.

Pen and Rubber... Might think about it, but it seems kinda entity heavy too. Maybe just for the looks? Simple effects? Pen could leave a spritetrail (and give you extra HP because you draw the world???); rubber could... make you a bit transparent?

Nope, I wasn't. Some weird guy from the internet we discovered on a spanish server I used to play. We eventually put him as our spray and went to servers to spam it on the walls. People raged. It was kewl.

I thought about something like that, the problem is that The End ends fast. Too fast. And I feel that if I change the timings I'll break it. Also, I was thinking of a Bonus round on a big-ass town with you spawning on a small garage with lots of papersheets on the floor; problem-> no brushes left. So no, not by now.
    • Jun 3, 2012
      At the end, the entire place should be spammed with explosions

Then this plays:

• May 5, 2012
    • Jun 3, 2012
      Oh, and a question: What's the general theme of the last level? Industrial? Evil HQ?
    • May 5, 2012
      Its not the last level^^ its between extreme and massacre.
      And of what i know there is something about a train and such. :3
    • May 31, 2012
      That song. No.

I'll repeat. No.

Another time? Yeah, another time. No.

SHUSH!

Also, the train is absurd. And the boss that lives on it. And the humans that play on it. And the zombies.

CHEESE BANANA WAFFLE SCORPION WASTE!
    • May 5, 2012
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
      Still cant wait for the new version tho.
    • May 31, 2012

[IMG]

I don't want pictures of spiderman.

EDIT: Inb4 only pictures of spiderman.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 3, 2012
      • May 5, 2012
        Carrying on with the outside world thing.
        When you destroy the boss on The End, maybe a "wormhole" of a kind could come forward, and the helicopter is flying towards it.
        By saying "wormhole" im not talking about any particles or anything, just maybe some kind of box of not paper thing, i cant explain so good on here, but i hope you understand it.^^
      • May 31, 2012
        I have wormhole particles but as I said I doubt I'll be able to do it without screwing the timings so... semiNo.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jul 19, 2011
          we need an ending that brings an end to the paper world. maybe burn down all paper and end up in a mystical place with earth-like qualities.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.