Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_parkers_pit_b3

Discussion in Completed Maps started by jb_gamble, Mar 2, 2013

1. Mar 2, 2013

My map has been updated to b4.

UPDATES
    • Fixed Crash
    • Big Optimization
    • Added 9 Achievements
    • Fixed Missing Textures
    • Added Helpful Info i.e *** Door Open - 5 Seconds ***
    • Balanced Round 3 Lift Ending
    • Balanced Round 4 Bridge Ending
    • Graphical Changes
    • Admin Room - Select Any Round / Nuke Button
    Download

http://csszm.gamebanana.com/maps/171876

Feedback

Cons, Improvements, Bugs
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      It's good to see you mapping again and doing progress in this map. Did you add the '#' to music paths so that they are managed by music options? Also, did you add more music?

EDIT: Uh, I almost shat my pants when I read those achievement things, I was going to do something similar, but yours seems to only involve points and all. Looks good.
    • Mar 2, 2013
      One of the achievements unlocks a weapon for humans to use, the others are just point awards so far. I forgot about the # for the music.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      That's a sexy looking map bro. Good to see you mapping. :thumbsup:
    • Jan 14, 2013
      This is one of the most detailed maps ive seen! and its huge! great job
    • Feb 11, 2012
      I suggest fixing this spot in elevator. Zombies will always get edgers infected at top and round will be over.
      Very good detail and ambience feels like playing HL2 :thumbsup:
      [IMG]
    • Mar 2, 2013
      I have already fixed this in the next update.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Are you working on another project alongside this?
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Just here to say it's the first time I saw this map, and it's simply the most visually stunning map across all ze's until now! It has already become one of my favs! Keep up the astonishing work :wink:
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Jan 14, 2013

Agreed jb! Im wondering do you draw out a plan for your maps first? Im especially impressed how everything fits together so incredibly well!

Do you have any smaller map vmts? I can take a look at to see how youre putting everything together so well? Id love to learn from yourmaps!
        • Apr 1, 2012
          I just found the map lacks holding spots for the first level.. (haven't seen all levels just yet)
          and I have to say the map is realllllyyy hugeeee..
        • Jun 11, 2012
          I was surprised about the last level since I never got to it. It's a really good map once you reach the last level because it has that feeling of "all or nothing" when you are holding at the train.
        • Oct 22, 2012
          I just love that map, its visually absolutely phenomenal. HL2 maxed out ;-)
        • Mar 20, 2012
          Mh I wonder how the lift ending will be in the future, when we played it a zombie still strafejumped down and could knive a human. This could be very difficult to defend if many zombies try this.
          And people tend to hold the jumping points, where most people fail. They hold 2 long and therefor die, because zombies getting teleported infront of them. But I think this will work better if more people learn the map, but im not sure about the elevator ending.

I compare your map with ze_saw always, they are both classic hold maps but they have great details and are looking really nice.

Mh when I played the map it was a little dark at some points mh, and I would like to see it once atleast in cc like ze_stalker ....a rusty, slightly brown colorcorrection with a little green in it
          could be awesome maybe but I could be wrong and it wouldnt look good at all^^ But I hope u consider it testing it someday.

The explosive cans, somehow reminded me on portal extreme mode where u have to shoot the companion cubes to get a little bonus, if u shot all. I dont know if u like this sort of idea but it could make things more interesting , especially the running parts.
        • Mar 2, 2013
          Yes i am working on something else as well.

Thank you.

I don't really draw out a plan for the map. At first i have a idea for a map and i picture it in my head what i want to look like visually, the kind of style. Then i might draw out a small section of the map, like for parkers pit i pictured the spawn in my head then quickly drew a top down view of it. My method of mapping is to build, texture, detail, light and place models as i am going along, i don't create basic geometry with Dev textures and go along like that. I find that i get things done much quicker and better adding textures, detail, models and lighting as a go along.

So i created the whole spawn of parkers, fully textured, detailed and lit before i even had any real idea for the next part. I knew kind of what a wanted but i don't like planning out the map, i make it up as i go along. I find that i am much more creative this way, i don't know why but drawing out a plan for the map really doesn't work for me, if i do draw out something the end product is only about 20% of what i drew. I have god know how many different iterations of the map, the map evolved and changed so much throughout that the first few complete versions are quite different to the current version.

The spawn is what parkers_pit started and evolved from, the bridge at the end i make like over a year ago. I had a idea for a ze map that would include escaping over a huge bridge so i went into hammer made the bridge then never touched after that. Half way through creating parkers i added the bridge, its always good to be building stuff in hammer little ideas that you have.

You could just decompile the map, i have no problem with people doing that as long as it only to learn from and not copy/paste stuff from it then slightly edit.

Elevator Zombie Strafe Jumping - I will look at that.
        • Mar 2, 2013
          Ok, the next update is done and i am happy too release it. However i am having problems with packing particles in the bsp. I cant get it to work, always get the missing particles message. Anyone know how to do it.
        • May 31, 2012
          You have to hand-pack the .pcf files one by one if you use Pakrat (which is what I know about). Just drag and drop them, and then fix up the paths so they are in /particles (as when dropped they get some odd path from your CS:S path things)
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jan 14, 2013
          • Mar 2, 2013
            • Fixed Nuke Glitch
            • Fixed Bad Spawn Point
            • Balance Adjustments
            • Added 3 New Achievements
            • Added 2 New Unlockable Items
            • Added Map Challenges
            • Music Adjustable Via Audio Options
            Map Challenges

These are challenges that i added for a bit of fun that can be enabled by a admin in the admin room.

The Buyzone will be disabled and you will be given the weapon from the challenge.

1. UMP45 ONLY
            2. FAMAS ONLY
            3. M3 SHOTGUN ONLY
            4. MAC10 ONLY
            5. G3SG1 ONLY

A completion of a Map Challenge will award the Humans 10 Overall Team Points.

RULES FOR MAP CHALLENGES

A legit completion of a map challenge is when each round has been completed when the challenge is active.

Starting the challenge when a round has already been completed will not count as a legit completion.

Admin Room

[IMG]

Normal Mode

This will restore it back to the normal mode of playing.

Download

http://csszm.gamebanana.com/maps/171876
            • Like Like x 1