Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by EvilCuisine, Jan 21, 2012

1. Nov 19, 2011
    Alright, so I have been thinking since I was banned for some map ideas and I came up some good ideas. I am going to base this map off of Pokemon: Mewtwo Returns. It's going to be sick. I made a timeline and everything. If you want to see the pics for the idea, it's in my folder. Any of you guys can look at them.

1. CT spawns on hill
    2. CT goes down hill, jumps over ledge
    3. CT retreats to cabin, holding cabin for a period of time
    4. Once time is up for holding, CT's go to the deck and fight the Team Rocket on a hot air balloon.
    5. Once the hot air balloon is defeated, CT escape the cabin through the way they came in, and retreat up the mountain.
    6. As CT's climb up the mountain, they are bombarded by boulders(similar to LOTR)
    7. Now once the CT's reach a certain point, they can go two ways. Through the forest that leads through the mountain to the island on the other side, or they can climb the mountain and go on the hot air balloon that travels by.
    8. CT's must hold this area until they can retreat on the hot air ballon or though the forest.
    9. CT's will all meet up on the beach. Then CT's will get on boats to go to the island/
    10. Once CT's arrive through the front entrance of the island, they will go though a cave that leads up to a lake inside the island.
    11. CT's defend here, then retreat to another path. Then CT's reach a dead end and must defend.
    12. CT's the go the cage to the right, and wait.
    13. A bright white light happens and the island starts exploding, destroying the cage.
    14. Team Rocket has remodeled the island so there is more technology on the island(this happened when you were in the cage)
    15. Your make your back to the lake, retreating to the boat.
    16. This is where you will fight Mewtwo
    17. Mewtwo will have different abilites
    18. Once you defeat Mewtwo, he will assist you, now you must make a hasty retreat back to the lake in the middle of the island
    19. You can walk on the lake with Mewtwo's psychic power
    20. You must defend for 40 seconds, until Mewtwo teleports you(haven't decided where)
    I also want pokemon on the map as well but idk.
    There should be pokeballs with pokemon that use special attacks, like ice or wind or fire. Similar to Mako with Materia.
    There can be different modes too.

I just realized I can't even post a folder as a attachment. I will make a photobucket account.

Look at the pictures fro, bottom to up.
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    it's an interesting concept. Now make it happen.
  3. Oct 22, 2011
    go for it! pokemon ftw!
  4. Nov 19, 2011
    To bad I can't make maps :\ Maybe the great Luffaren will pick up my idea.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Now this would be very interesting... Though I doubt a mapper would stop what they're doing to make this. You should probably attempt it, there's a ton of tutorials for mapping out there.
  6. May 15, 2011
    Depending on how skilled you are at mapping, you can add me on steam and I can teach you the basics and optimization. After that it's best you get better mappers to help. ^^
  7. Nov 19, 2011
    Alright thanks. Whats your Steam name?
  8. Nov 2, 2011
    Pinkie, i will contact you in the future. I am working on a ZM map and i will need help forsure. But its gonna be a while.
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Mayby if we can make it in group, i am in to help BUT Luffaren is need for this for sure! :razz:[/font]
  10. Nov 14, 2010
    You could also just screenshot things to show up on your steam profile under screenshots, or host them on www.imgur.com which is a lot less clutter, and just post them on this thread.

Other than that, this all seem like fun!
    This coming from someone who despises Zombie Escape.

And, you were banned for having some map ideas???

You sure?
  11. Jan 21, 2011

He was banned for 1 week by bad for mic spam. Grammar makes things much more understandable.
  12. Nov 14, 2010

I'm just messin' with you, lol. <3

When can we expect to see actual pictures of the map?
  13. Nov 2, 2011
    I think what he has is an idea, but not the actual map lol. But yeah if someone makes this map it will be nice.
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    That's why I said...
  15. May 5, 2011
    Maybe my 3rd map will be Mewtwos Castle...zm_mewtwos_bedroom !! =)
  16. Jun 17, 2011
    LOL why am I not surprised you would say bedroom...

But you should look up tutorials on how to map. ^ yahoo can help too
  17. Feb 24, 2011
    This seems like something with potential indeed, if i am to join the making of this map (if people are even up for making it) i could help out with various things like systems, items, certain rooms/areas etc. I'm still not sure how it's gonna be all set up, who's gonna manage the "main" map? who's gonna do this and that? how many would we be? etc etc.

At that, i have indeed an ongoing project already which will be really time consuming, but i could be up for it if you guys are. :thumbsup:

Evil, i also suggest you start mapping with your interest in this map, there sure are alot of nice tutorials out on the interwebz and if you'd ever need any help, just add me on steam and we'll sort it out.

So.. what do you say? go or no go?
  18. May 15, 2011
    If this becomes a thing I'd have no problem doing the optimization since that's all I'm good at. ^^
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    Whoa pinkie, what happened to the map we're making? Woops I mean er... the map that's not going to be made um.. er... nevermind. *winks*
  20. Dec 3, 2011
    Yes we should make a sort of team that can work on this map, then give everybody a sort of 'job' on the map like uhm

- Main mapper (who has the main map offcourse, and who gets all other things to implement in that main map)
    - Modellers (who create the pokemon/pokeball models)
    - Effect creators (who make the effects (particles) in dod/gmod)
    - Optimizer(s) (who can optimize the map to the max)
    - System managements (who create a level system + some other complex systems)
    - Help mappers (who help mapping things that will be given on main mapper to implement)
    - Texture makers (who can create custom textures based on pokemon style)
    - Sound creators (who can arrange music / effect sounds)

If we can arrange that , and we all DO what men say to make, then it should work out, ive never done it in group, i would like to give it a try, we have a chance to succeed or to fail.
    With a group of atleast 8 people is this possible to make, how long this can take i am not sure to tell.
    Hope we all can work something out!