Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_predator_ultimate v3 help

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Kinetic, Jul 12, 2012

1. May 31, 2012
    Whenever i try to play on this map i get the message "Couldn't CRC map ze_predator_unltimate v3 Disconnecting" this is really starting to piss me off. i tried deleting it, downloading it from gamebananna but nothing works. I am also using an iMac if that helps.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Delete all instances of ze_predator and download it from the server. Make sure sv_allowdownload is set to 1 (i.e, sv_allowdownload 1).
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    You will need to manually download it from gamebanana and place it in your cstrike > maps folder. Macs get CRC errors on any maps larger than ~30mb.

http://gamebanana.com/maps/153717
  4. Apr 12, 2012
    I am almost certain I just read that the newest update for Source fixed this. If so, when was the last time you tried the in-game download for pred, Kinetic? If you didn't try within the last few days/week, try it again. The Source update was fairly recent.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    Not quite mapping discussion. Moved to Zombie Escape.
  6. Feb 14, 2012
    Counter Strike Mac is not capable of downloading more than 30 megs in game. You will have to download the map manually and place it inside your Counter Strike map directory the directory is in your ~/library/application support/steam/steamapps/yourusername/cstrike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I remember @Kyron The Wise having a bitch-and-a-half about this. . .

RINGING THE KYRON SIGNAL. . .
    • Feb 14, 2012
      He isn't going to tell you anything different than what I just said the 30 meg limit is imposed by Mac OS there is no fix for this. Only the manual download work around. If you donate you can get the entire map pack through the site to make it easier. Other than that I suggest game banana.
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I figured that much (I've personally witnessed the threads and the bitchfests). . .

. . .but as he experienced the same thing before, I was curious to see if he had any little-known "shortcuts" to this problem.

Again, just download from gamebanana, and place the .bsp file into your map folder.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        The only shortcut I can suggest is bookmarking your CStrike directory in finder so you don't have to dig into the path every time, and if you're using the most recent version of Mac OS you won't be able to see your Library directory as it's hidden hit cmd + shift + g and then type "~/library" into the box that pops up.
      • Apr 29, 2011
        I still have yet to figure out why there is a DL limit on files downloaded from games on Mac.

Anyways, yeah, follow Never's instructions and it'll work out.

Sorry I was late answering the Kyron Signal Meeko.
      • May 31, 2012
        The file i get from gamebananna is an far, is that ok?
      • May 31, 2012
      • Mar 20, 2012
        Map format is "bsp". like ze_predator_ultimate_v3.bsp
        I hope u meant rar (not far)...otherwise i dont have a clue what its supposed to be

unpack it, maybe?

But maybe its a special mac problem, would be good to hear something from another mac user then, how he solves the problem with installing maps over 30mb..
      • May 31, 2012
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Kinetic did you extract the .BSP file in your Cstrike/maps folder? if it isn't there it wont show up ingame.

*EDIT*
        Hello there, my name is Per, but please refer to me as Luffaren. Be fully aware that i am incapable of reading posts which are located above in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.
        Thanks.

.. >.<
        Luffaren, Jul 26, 2012 Last edited by Luffaren, Jul 26, 2012
      • May 28, 2012
        Crash At 7:40PM Eastern Time - Ze_predator_ultimate_v3
      • Jun 4, 2006
        • May 28, 2012

Didn't see the zombie escape *Facepalm*
        • May 31, 2012
          can i get map packs if I'm a server admin