Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_predator_ultimate_v2 published

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Luffaren, May 3, 2011

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Hey all! Luffaren here. As written in the title i've released V2 of predator which means that the contest starts now.

- It’s STRONGLY recommended that the Demo has 20 players or more.
    - I (Luffaren) will be the judge, and will judge on the “Best Win” on his point of view, not the first one to be send.
    - Last date to send the .DEM FILE inn is Friday 13th of May, 2011.
    - I (Luffaren) want the people recording the demo to be spectating while following the main group, and insist that this is
    - The .DEM FILE must include the whole Ultimate Round, from start to end.
    - Include all the names of the people playing in the E-mail and/or Readme you send to him.
    - E-mail to send the .DEM FILEs along with the player’s names is: predatorultimate2011@hotmail.com

CONTEST ENDS 13/5-2011 (friday the 13th)
    Changes in V2:

- Detailed further, added a couple of new visible things here and there.
    - Added a new area available near Hyper C4 hold.
    - Forced the normal boss route on normal difficulty, so the Predator is not skipped.
    - Delayed zombie bridge on ultimate by 3 seconds.
    - Increased HP of Ultimate Boss.
    - Re-scaled/changed some textures.
    - Added some more particle effects (including trippy-tunnel)
    - Changed some placements/timings on some teleports.
    - Changed some holdspots on Hyper/Ultimate difficulties.
    - Changed an attack on Hyper Predator, his twirl attack now has increased damage on close range. Stay away if you see him charging it!
    - Slowed the elevator
    - Removed teleport on Cliff Hold, zombies will now need to climb the vines if they fall down.
    - Increased holdtime on the Normal/Hard end.
    - Removed many invisible blockers/pushers/stoppers; sometimes allowing edging-noobs to ruin the rounds >:smile:
    - Fixed the impulsor trigger.
    - Fixed some exploits.
    - Polished some timings.
    - Fixed an issue when the predator skipped ragemode, or it being too short.
    - Improved the predators invisibility, now it’s a skin instead of a shadow (thanks to Kaemon)
    - Rollermines don’t fall off the Boss-Platform on Ultimate Predator anymore. Care with them!
    - Spawned less rollermines on Hyper/Ultimate bosses.
    - Now the alien device damages the Ultimate Predator.
    - Changed “Zombie Kill” to “Zombie Teleport” below the helipad.

*Map download: http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/153717 *

Good luck and may the best win!
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    This map is HUGE! I'll add it to ZE now.

EDIT: Hotmail's filters are way too aggressive, a lot of mail is lost by Microsoft now. Try something like gmail instead.

EDIT2: I'm going to rename the map to ze_predator_ultimate_v2_contest.bsp due to the fact that ze_predator_ultimate_v2 already exists on the server and would just create a conflict with players.
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    Just make sure to tell people to rename their map when the contest is their so they won't have to download it again.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    Ah, I re-read what you posted, I understood you wrong, my apologies.
  6. Jul 14, 2008
    Deto might be referring to people that download the map from the link luffarn posted. If they put that map in their CSS folder with a different name than the one you changed it to Kyle they will be forced to download the whole map again.
  7. Feb 24, 2011
    Yeah dont change the mapname, if v2 is already up well.. then it's up i guess xD
    I will release v2_1 after the contest is over.
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    It's a completely different size. I'll refrain from adding it to the server.
  9. Mar 4, 2011
    Can't wait to play it :teehee: Hope pf wins xD even with the crazy settings. Zombie respawn and multi zombie spawn are on :thumbsup:
  10. Feb 1, 2010
    Awesome! :grin:
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    V2 is now on the server.

I wonder if I should tweak the settings on the server a bit so its a bit more possible for humans to win. (increase zombie spawn time, slightly decrease number of zombies at spawn.) Let me know if it should be done for the contest or not.
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    It won't be based on the time sent in, but about the quality of the win. (ie. 1 man win)
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    I was playing at SG yesterday. Their server settings :

No zombie respawn
    1000 Ammo
    1 mother zombie

And we still could not beat it. I'm assuming they only allow steam people to play and not cracked. Our servers have a lot of non English speakers and the key to beating ultimate is communication and team work.

Another point to bring up is lag. It was lagging horribly at times. I'm pretty sure we will lag as well but I don't know if something can be done about it.

The hardest thing I experienced is fighting the predator and not the zombies themselves. A lot of people die because of him, and on our servers they will turn into zombies and make fighting the predator and holding the zombies off harder.

I would suggest :
    Decreasing the ratio of zombies to humans would be good imo ( like from 5 to 3~1?)
    Increasing KB?
    Decreasing health?
    Possibly turn off zombie respawn if humans die?
  14. Jan 30, 2011
    We were just playing it on the server a few minutes ago, couldn't even get past Hyper. (I believe that is what it is called) The humans kept dieing at pred via either the attacks, or zombies getting out of the cage. There was only one or two times that humans actually made it past pred, first one they all got zombiefied at the elevator, second time they all died at the heli.
  15. Dec 7, 2010
    If this map is going to be run like a contest, we should establish a temporary server for its' duration. This will give everyone the opportunity to increase their chances of succeeding and provide the optimum environment for a positive outcome.

Just a thought..
  16. Aug 18, 2006
    In theory it's a good idea, but I think it would be hard to populate (and people will get bummed out on Predator more quickly. We dont want to overplay it too much).
  17. Apr 17, 2011
    Are we gonna start on this or not? O_o
    I havent seen it played on the server yet..
  18. Aug 18, 2006
    Of course.

We plan on participating. I'd very much like to win. We've played v2 once today already. We will play it more tomorrow. :thumbsup:
  19. Apr 17, 2011
    You should leave it on till you guys win Ultimate xD
    But i know that you dont want to coz of those -cough- noob whiners.. =(