Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_predator_ultimate_v3 first boss tatics

Discussion in Tutorials started by redeye, Nov 7, 2011

1. Nov 28, 2010
    Well i was bored and decided to figure out what the best thing to do on the first boss since every one dies so i drew up a plan
    and tested each attempt
    predator

before we start there is a trigger_hurt that does 120 dmg/halfed in css = 60 damage for 0.20 covering whole battle area
    then a env_explosive that does 50 dmg in a 500 radius but doesnt seem to affect unless close (does not reach backleft/right corners)
    here are the results
    Phase 1= 100hp and 0 armour
    1st attempt = 34hp (on right)
    2nd attempt = 37hp (on left)
    3rd attempt = 0hp (standing on the explosive where predator lands)
    4th attempt = 32hp (front of cage)
    5th attempt = 40 hp (standing in backleft corner)
    6th attempt = 40 hp (standing in backright corner)
    7th attempt = 37hp (front left corner)
    8th attempt = 37hp (front right corner)
    9th attempt = 39hp (blocking view from explosive where predator lands with left statue)
    10th attempt = 35hp (blocking view from explosive where predator lands with right statue)

conclusion it seems that closer you stand more hp you will lose (pretty obvious) but the two backcorners are best locations.
    if you lose more the 30-40 hp high chance you will die

2nd phase
    = 100hp with kevlar

1st attempt = 63hp 81armour (on right)
    2nd attempt = 66hp 82armour (on left)
    3rd attempt = 47hp 73armour (standing on the explosive where predator lands)
    4th attempt = 69hp 84armour (front of cage)
    5th attempt = 70hp 85armour (standing in backleft corner)
    6th attempt = 70hp 85armour (standing in backright corner)
    7th attempt = 69hp 84armour (front left corner)
    8th attempt = 69hp 84armour (front right corner)
    9th attempt = 68hp 83armour (blocking view from explosive where predator lands with left statue)
    10th attempt = 68hp 83armour (blocking view from explosive where predator lands with right statue)

Conclusion you can take alot of a bigger hit with the kelvar then without it
    The two backcorners are still the best locations.
    if you lose more the 60-70 hp high chance you will die by saying that how does any one die?

3rd phase = 100hp with kelvar+helmet

1st attempt = 64hp 81armour (on right)
    2nd attempt = 64hp 81armour (on left)
    3rd attempt = 46hp 72armour (standing on the explosive where predator lands)

i stoped here and copyed and pasted cause i realised it was only off by a few digits

4th attempt = 69hp 84armour (front of cage)
    5th attempt = 70hp 85armour (standing in backleft corner)
    6th attempt = 70hp 85armour (standing in backright corner)
    7th attempt = 69hp 84armour (front left corner)
    8th attempt = 69hp 84armour (front right corner)
    9th attempt = 68hp 83armour (blocking view from explosive where predator lands with left statue)
    10th attempt = 68hp 83armour (blocking view from explosive where predator lands with right statue)

conculsion same as 100hp+kelvar i guess helmet only protects headshots.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    I sit on Spot No. 3 the entire time. And I still live.

God bless donor powers and its 200 health lol
  3. Dec 28, 2010
    cool story bro hope you can be faster on the progress i want to play it.
  4. Jul 19, 2011
    Dude, if you can't manage to survive level 1 in predator, then for heaven's sake go play some maplestory.
  5. Apr 29, 2011
    So basically, get the armor, and get as far away from the Predator as possible.

Or be like Meeko and me, and revel in our 100 extra health, laughing while we stand in the middle of the ground stomp and survive.

On side note: There is a tactic all should embrace when fighting the Predator: Everyone throw your nades! Its not necessary on the Normal Diff boss, but on all the others, throwing your nades at the place he lands, when he lands, does horrendous amounts of damage. It is literally possible to kill the Hard difficulty boss without him moving an inch if you time it right.
  6. Oct 29, 2010
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    <--------------------
  8. Oct 29, 2010
  9. Apr 29, 2011

Or be like Meeko and me, buy donator/admin, and revel in our 100 extra health, laughing while we stand in the middle of the ground stomp and survive.