Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ze_rooftop_escape

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by BigMac, Nov 24, 2011

1. Nov 24, 2011
    I request that this map be removed from rotation. The map itself is laid out in a way that allows zombies to exploit the fact that they do not take fall damage to get a head of the human lines. There is in particular a hole in the invisible block wall that allows the zombies to fall from the first building down to the ending hold point typically as the humans are still assembling. This map is already badly dated and was poorly created even for it's time, I understand I'm not a member but I don't think anyone will argue that nothing of value is lost by us dropping this one.
  2. Feb 12, 2011
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    I like that map. If zombies are exploiting the map to gain an advantage over the humans (like that one area the between the red roofs where you can get a strafe launch across the map), they should be warn / punished in accordance with the General Exploit of Game/Map/Server rule.

It's not the map's fault that people try to ruin the fun by exploiting. Not a good enough reason to remove a classic oldskool map (and still a fun one IMO).

EDIT: I'm assuming you're referring to rooftop_runaway. If not, disregard my post :thumbsup:
  4. Feb 21, 2007
  5. Jul 20, 2010
    Only exploit is what dill was talking about. We could see if deto can fix that for us? Otherwise its a run old school map. I've yet to see what Big Mac was talking about I've seen some people try it but there's a blocker in the way a wall pretty much that stops them from doing it.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    Map is still beatable. Always has been. We just fail. I like the map so I vote for it to stay.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    I've always found this map to be pretty stupid and amusing. I personally think its a keeper just for laughs. I knew about the exploit from several years ago but didn't want to mention it in case someone decided to use it. Even with the exploit its a fun map. You can even keep an eye out for the "fence jumpers" to negate their advantage.
  8. May 27, 2008
    Estoy horrorizado por su elección de palabras. Yo soy un mexicano trabajando duro.
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    I HAVE BROUGHT THIS TO PETER'S ATTENTION.
  10. Mar 14, 2011
    Is there any map called ze_rooftop_escape? Link please.

btw there's 2 versions of ze_rooftop_runaway. Which one is this thread about?
  11. Aug 5, 2010
    Every time I play that map 75% the humans win.
    I see no problem.
  12. Feb 21, 2007

ze_rooftop_runaway2_v5
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    If you are talking about ze_rooftop_runaway2_v5, can all exploits be taken a screenshot of or demoed and posted so I can fix them?
  14. Apr 6, 2011
    I like this map myself I think it is a small fun map i could agree an update on it maybe to but not to remove it..
  15. May 13, 2011
    Don't removed the map, just be more fast to be at the end for cover and don't be a camp with ur AWP on all house.
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    Please provide a picture concerning that exploit. Or, is it that you guys just fail?

Personally, I like this map. Why? It's oldskool, a classic, and provides a nice balance of light-hearted fun to the more serious moods of mako, pred, biohazard, minas, etc.
  17. Nov 24, 2011
    Alright, well thanks for taking the times out of your day to discuss it anyways.
  18. Feb 21, 2007
    if you could provide a screen shot of where the glitch is, maybe someone could provide a simple edit/fix for it?
  19. Feb 12, 2011
    The humans are always holding off the same place (or they don't and lose.) and win.
    All you have to do to win this map is holding off the house. (So they can't get to the next area and have to walk around ALL over again.)
  20. Feb 18, 2011
    Clearly its your opinion of the map. Your opinion doesn't matter because many people like the map way more than people do not. If we get rid of a map because someone says its old and crusty then we should get rid of helms deep, mount doom, 30 seconds, train escape, and a shitton others. I beat this map multiple times, just because you were on for the map a few times and failed doesn't mean you should judge it for everyone else. Now people are used to having levels in maps. When a map is older or some mapper did not make multiple levels people get "bored". Plenty of people like the map. It should stay.